COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M men’s basketball team hits the road this weekend when it travels to Nashville to battle Vanderbilt on Saturday in a 5:30 p.m. (CT) contest at Memorial Gymnasium.
The game will be broadcast on FSN with Dave Baker (play-by-play) and Larry Conley (commentary) calling all the action from Memorial Gymnasium. Many fans can find the game on FS Southwest, FS South or FS Sun Sports but are encouraged to check with your cable provider for availability in your area. ESPN Full Court and ESPN3 (blacked out in SEC footprint) will also carry the game, check your local listings for availability in your area.
Fans are encouraged to refer to the Aggies on TV page for the most up-to-date information and listings for all of Texas A&M's upcoming television appearances.
Live audio from the game can also be heard on the Texas A&M Radio Network by tuning in locally in Bryan/College Station on WTAW (1620 AM) or utilizing the live stream at AggieAtheltics.com.
The Aggies (15-9, 5-6 SEC) are coming off an impressive victory over Ole Miss on Wednesday that featured a record-breaking performance from senior guard Elston Turner.
The Sacramento, Calif., native was on fire from the opening tip-off against the Rebels, making his first eight shots from the floor en route to finishing with a Reed Arena record (men's games only) 37 points. The performance featured a career-best seven 3-point baskets from Turner, who is no stranger to explosive scoring games after turning heads nationwide earlier this season with an amazing 40-point outburst during a road victory at Kentucky.
The previous scoring record in a men's game was 36 by Baylor's Curtis Jerrells during a five-overtime contest on Jan. 23, 2008. On the women's side the Reed Arena points record is held by Danielle Adams, who notched 40 points in a victory over Kansas on Feb. 12, 2011.
Junior guard Fabyon Harris continued his offensive consistency against Ole Miss, scoring 13 points to post his 12th double-digit scoring contest in the last 15 games, while A&M also got major contributions in the win from senior forward Ray Turner, who pulled down a season-high 13 rebounds, and freshman guard Alex Caruso, who notched a game-high six assists.
Vanderbilt, meanwhile, enters the weekend with a 9-14 overall record and a 3-8 mark in SEC play after dropping a home contest to Tennessee on Wednesday, 58-46. The Commodores are led on the court by sophomore guard Kedren Johnson, who paces the squad and ranks 10th in the league with a 14.1 point per game average.
The Commodores are directed by head coach Kevin Stallings, who is in his 14th season at the helm of the program and owns a 270-173 record during his tenure at Vanderbilt.
TEXAS A&M-VANDERBILT SERIES NOTES
• Saturday will be just the second meeting between the Aggies and Commodores on the hardwood, Vandy leads the series 1-0.
• The only meeting between the schools came on Dec. 3, 1955, in Nashville ... The Commodores prevailed with a 79-69 victory.
• In the last two games, Texas A&M has faced the SEC's top two scorers (Georgia's Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson) and held the duo to a combined four made field goals ... During Feb. 9th's contest between the Bulldogs and Aggies in Athens, Caldwell-Pope was held without a field goal (0-for-3) for the first time during his collegiate career ... The Georgia sophomore was limited to just 10 points, all from the free throw line ... During Wednesday's win over Ole Miss, A&M was able to hold Henderson, the league's leading scorer at 19.5 points per game, to just 10 points on 4-for-11 shooting from the floor.
• As a team, the Aggies rank third in the SEC by limiting their opponents to 59.8 points per contest.
• Junior guard Fabyon Harris has been one of A&M's most steady performers on the offensive end in SEC play and has reached double-digits point totals in 12 of the past 15 games ... During SEC play, the Chicago native ranks second on the Aggies with a 13.8 point per game average.
• Head coach Billy Kennedy altered his starting line-up prior to the Missouri contest on Feb. 7, inserting freshman guard Alex Caruso alongside Fabyon Harris, Elston Turner, Kourtney Roberson and Ray Turner ... This line-up combination, which was first used during Dec. 5th's win over Stephen F. Austin, is now 3-1 on the year.
UP NEXT AFTER THE VANDERBILT GAME
Following the Vanderbilt contest, the Aggies hit the road once again, this time for Auburn, Ala., where they will face Auburn on Wednesday ... The game will be broadcast by ESPN3.
Aggie Basketball Game #25:
Texas A&M (15-9; 5-6 SEC) at Vanderbilt (9-14; 3-8 SEC)
Feb. 16, 2013 · 5:30 p.m. (CT)
Memorial Gymnasium (14,326)
Dave Neal, Play-by-Play
Larry Conley, Commentary
AGGIES ON TV INFORMATION PAGE
RADIO: Texas A&M Radio Network
Dave South, Play-by-Play
Mike Caruso, Commentary
Local: WTAW-AM 1620 (College Station/Bryan)
Satellite (Vandy Broadcast): Sirius (Ch. 93) / XM (Ch. 200)
LIVE AUDIO/STATS: AggieAthletics.com
COMPLETE TEXAS A&M GAME NOTES: Game #24 vs Vanderbilt
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.