COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) - KT Harrell scored 20 points, including 12 in the second half, as Auburn defeated Texas A&M 69-64 Saturday.
The Tigers (14-15, 6-12 SEC) snapped a two-game losing streak and won on the road for the first time in more than a month, a 79-74 triumph at South Carolina on Feb. 5.
The Tigers, who led 35-34 at halftime, outscored the Aggies 15-9 in second-chance opportunities. Auburn owned a 35-25 rebounding advantage, with 14 of those coming on the offensive end.
The Aggies (17-14, 8-10), who saw their five-game home winning streak snapped, closed out the regular season with two consecutive losses. They had hoped to at least make the National Invitation Tournament for their first postseason appearance in coach Billy Kennedy's three seasons, but that hope now seems farfetched.
Chris Denson added 19 points for the Tigers, while A&M's Jamal Jones led all scorers with 24 points.
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M finished the regular season with a 17-14 overall record and an 8-10 mark in SEC play after the 69-64 loss to Auburn on Saturday afternoon inside Reed Arena … It was just the Aggies’ third loss on their home court this season (16-3).
● The loss snapped a four-game A&M winning streak in the series and left the all-time series ledger at 5-3 in favor of Texas A&M.
● Texas A&M made 22-of-50 shots from the field during the contest (44%) while Auburn shot 45.1 percent (23-of-51).
● As a team the Aggies made 12-of-15 free throw attempts (80%), while Auburn also shot 80 percent from the charity stripe (16-of-20).
● The Tigers owned a 35-25 edge on the boards, including 14 offensive rebounds.
● The Maroon & White used the starting line-up combination of Blake McDonald, Fabyon Harris, Jamal Jones, Antwan Space and Kourtney Roberson for the first time this season.
● Junior Jamal Jones tied his career-high with 24 points in the contest, making 8-of-18 shot attempts with a 6-of-12 mark from 3-point range.
● Sophomore Alex Caruso also finished in double-digit points for 14th time this season, contributing 11 points to go along with a team-high four assists.
● A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is now 49-47 in his third season at Texas A&M and 260-226 in 16 years as a head coach.
● The Aggies will head to Atlanta to take part in the 2014 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament … Texas A&M has already clinched a first-round bye and will play its first game against Missouri on Thursday.
For more info, including brackets & games times after Saturday's full slate of SEC games visit www.SECdigitalnetwork.com