BRENHAM – Brad Franchione announced today that he has resigned as head football coach at Blinn College.
In six seasons as the Buccaneers head coach, Franchione compiled a 54-13 overall record and two NJCAA National Championships. The highlights of his tenure include:
· Overall .806 winning percentage in 6 seasons at Blinn College
· Two National Championships (2006, 2009)
· Three SWJCFC Conference Championships (2006, 2008, 2009)
· Four overall bowl appearances (three consecutive from 2008-2010)
· 2009 American Community College Football Coaches Association Coach of the Year (top honor for community/junior college football)
· 2006 Southwest Junior College Football Conference Coach of the Year
· 2006 American Football Monthly Schutt Sports Coach of the Year
· 2006 Sportexe® Football Coach of the Year
· Three NFL players, including James Johnson (Cincinnati Bengals), Bernard Scott (Cincinnati Bengals) and Ryan Mouton (Tennessee Titans)
· 19 NJCAA All-Americans
· 85 student-athletes that have gone on to Division I programs
· 2008 Harlon Hill Trophy winner, running back Bernard Scott
· 2008 NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year, quarterback Terrance Cain
· 2010 Heisman Trophy winner, quarterback Cameron Newton
Current offensive coordinator and quarterbacks/receivers coach Ronny Feldman has been named interim head coach. A national search for a successor will begin immediately.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.