ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Kenny Gaines scored all of his 14 points in the second half, Brandon Morris and Charles Mann each added 10 points and Georgia beat Texas A&M 62-50 on Saturday night.
Georgia (12-10, 6-4 Southeastern Conference) has won two straight after ending a three-game skid in Thursday's victory over LSU.
Mann, the Bulldogs' leading scorer this season, was just 3 for 8 from the field, but his fastbreak dunk, following a steal by Morris, made it 56-48 with 1:55 left in the game.
Jamal Jones finished with 17 points and was the only player to score in double figures for Texas A&M (13-10, 4-6 SEC). The Aggies have lost six of seven.
Georgia sixth man Nemanja Djurisic, the Bulldogs' second-leading scorer this season, hobbled off the court with 1:42 remaining with an apparent right leg injury.
Georgia's next game is Wednesday at Mississippi State.
Texas A&M Basketball
Georgia 62, Texas A&M 50
February 8, 2014 ● Stegeman Coliseum
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M saw its season record fall to 13-10 with a 4-6 mark in SEC play after the 62-50 loss at Georgia on Saturday night.
● The all-time series between the schools now stands 3-0 in favor of Georgia.
● The Aggies shot just 33.9 percent (19-for-56) from the field in the contest with a 1-for-19 mark behind the 3-point arc.
● Texas A&M’s lone 3-pointer in the contest came from Jamal Jones as time expired in the first half … The basket sent the game to the intermission with Georgia leading 25-23.
● The Maroon & White used the starting line-up combination of Alex Caruso, Shawn Smith, Jordan Green, Jamal Jones and Kourtney Roberson for the third time this season.
● Junior Jamal Jones led the Aggies in scoring for the 11th time this season, recording a game-high 17 points on 5-of-13 shooting from the floor … Jones was 6-for-7 from the free throw line.
● Freshman Davonte Fitzgerald pulled down a career-high six rebounds during the return to his home state.
● A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is now 45-43 in his third season at Texas A&M and 256-222 in 16 years as a head coach.
● The Aggies return to College Station where they will host LSU on Wednesday inside Reed Arena at 8 p.m.