Player of the Week
Kelsey Bone • Texas A&M
Junior • Center • Houston, Texas
• Bone was the leading scorer in all three games last week and was named to the World Vision Classic all-tournament team.
• She averaged 27.67 points and 10.33 rebounds per game while shooting .848.
• She also had four assists, two blocks and two steals on the week.
• She missed only seven shots in the entire tournament, shooting 39-of-46 (.848) from the floor for the tournament.
• She set career highs in points (33), field goals (15) and field goals attempted (18) against Old Dominion.
• Her 14 rebounds against the Lady Monarchs was one shy of her career high.
• She scored 20-plus points in each of the three contests and had two double-doubles (against Kansas State and Old Dominion).
• Against No. 5 Notre Dame, Bone led all players with 13-of-15 from the field for a .867 shooting percentage, the third consecutive game in which she shot above 83 percent from the field.
Freshman of the Week
Danielle Ballard • LSU
Guard • Memphis, Tenn.
• Ballard led LSU in scoring in both of its wins last week with a pair of 21-point games.
• She became the first LSU freshman with back-to-back 20-point games since Seimone Augustus did it in LSU’s first two games of the 2003 SEC Tournament nearly 10 years ago.
• Against Grambling, in addition to her 21 points, she tied an LSU freshman record with seven steals.
• That tied for fifth most overall in LSU single-game annals and tied the freshman mark set by LSU great Joyce Walker vs. SE Louisiana on Feb. 12, 1981.
• The following game, Ballard fired in 21 points, collected four more steals and drained a career-best 9-of-10 from the free throw line, including two late that iced the game.
• In two games last week, Ballard averaged 21.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 5.5 steals.