SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Nov. 19 – Nov. 25)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Texas A&M
6-2 • Sr. • Katy, Texas
• Had back-to-back season highs in kills, posting 17 kills in a crucial win at Tennessee and a season-high and match-high 20 kills at Ole Miss which gave her 1,000 kills for her career
• Hit a .530 for the week, posting only two errors in 66 swings
• Averaged 1.10 blocks per set, tying a season high and tying for match-high honors with seven blocks at Tennessee
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-6 • Sr. • Louisville, Ky.
• Averaged 4.67 digs, 1.50 assists and 0.50 aces per set last week as UK swept a pair of SEC opponents on the road
• Took 31 serves last week and logged a perfect 1.000 percentage
• Dished out seven assists at Missouri, the second-best total for a match in her career
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Florida
6-0 • Kočevje, Slovenia
• Averaged 5.07 points and 2.86 digs per set last week
• Turned in a double-double of 17 kills and 13 digs in a 3-1 win at Auburn
• Led Florida in kills in both matches at Auburn and Georgia
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
· • Amanda Philpot (S, Ole Miss) – Turned in her third triple-double of the year (40 assists, 11 kills, 11 digs) in a five-set loss to Texas A&M
· • Whitney Billings (RS, Kentucky) – Averaged 4.17 kills, 2.67 digs and 0.83 blocks per set in a 2-0 week for UK
· • Chloe Mann (MB, Florida) – Blocked a career-high eight shots in a 3-1 win at Auburn
• Juliette Thévenin (OH, South Carolina) – Had 27 kills and six blocks, both career-highs, in a 3-2 win over Alabama
• Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Recorded 18 kills and 15 digs in a 3-2 loss to Texas A&M, her 21st double-double of the season
· • Kara Morgan (OH, Ole Miss) – Had 10 kills, nine digs and four aces in a four-set loss to Alabama
· • Tirah Le’au (OH/RS, Georgia) – Posted 22 kills and hit .312 in a win over MSU and No. 14 Florida. Also had one block and six digs while leading the team in kill both matches
• Ashley Veach (L, Ole Miss) – Notched the first double-double of her career vs. Alabama (23 digs, 11 assists)
• Taylor Unroe (L, Florida) – Averaged 5.43 digs and 1.00 assists per set in a pair of matches last week; dished out a career-high six assists at Auburn
• Tori Mellenger (OH, Texas A&M) – Had a match-high and season-high 22 digs in a win at Ole Miss
• DeeDee Harrison (MB, Tennessee) – Averaged 1.62 blocks per set in a 1-1 week for UT
• Shelby Sullivan (MB, Texas A&M) – Reached double figures in kills for the first time with a career-high 11 kills at Tennessee
• Kayla Tronick (MB, Kentucky) – Averaged 2.33 kills per set on .323 hitting for the week
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.