OXFORD, Miss. -- Marshall Henderson scored 18 points, Murphy Holloway added 16 and Mississippi beat Texas A&M 82-73 Wednesday night.
Ole Miss (21-7, 10-5 Southeastern Conference) earned another crucial win as it tries to solidify a case for the NCAA tournament. The Rebels haven't been to the Big Dance since 2002 - the longest drought in the SEC.
Henderson hit five of his six 3-pointers in the second half to help the Rebels pull away after leading 37-31 at halftime. Jarvis Summers scored 15 points and Reginald Buckner added 12 points and three blocked shots.
Elston Turner led Texas A&M (16-12, 6-9) with 25 points. Turner had another good game against Ole Miss, hitting 10 of 17 shots from the field just two weeks after scoring 37 against the Rebels in a win at College Station.
Texas A&M Men’s Basketball
Ole Miss 82, Texas A&M 73
Feb. 27, 2013 ● Tad Smith Arena
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M saw its record fall to 16-12 on the year with a 6-9 mark in SEC play.
● Ole Miss, meanwhile, improved to 21-7 this season with a 10-5 SEC record.
● Ole Miss led 37-31 at halftime.
● The Aggies shot 30-of-56 (53.6 percent) from the floor, compared to 50.9 percent for the Rebels (29-of-59).
● The Rebels made 10 3-pointers in the game, including six during the second half … A&M went 9-of-20 from beyond the arc.
● Senior guard Elston Turner led all scorers with 25 points in the contest on 10-of-17 shooting … it marked the sixth time Turner has scored 25 or more points this season.
● Sophomore forward Kourtney Roberson notched his second career double-double, finishing with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
● Freshman Alex Caruso collected one steal to tie the Texas A&M single season freshman steals record with 56 … he shares the record with Todd Holloway, who played for Texas A&M from 1984-87.
● Caruso also tied a career-high with eight assists in the contest to give him a team-leading 100 for the season.
● The Aggies return home to Reed Arena to face South Carolina on Saturday … the game will be televised by ESPNU.
● Ole Miss, meanwhile, hits the road to face Mississippi State in Starkville on Saturday.
The message you tried to print is protected with Information Rights Management. The sender didn't give you the rights necessary to print the message.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.