Team Record & Series Notes:
• With the victory, Nebraska improved to 25-8 and advanced to the Sweet 16 for the second time in school history (2010) where it will face either No. 2 seed Duke or No. 7 seed Oklahoma State … The Huskers are now 7-10 all-time in 11 NCAA Tournament appearances.
• The loss snapped Texas A&M’s four-game winning streak and ended its season with a 25-10 overall record … The Aggies are 18-9 all-time in postseason play
• Nebraska now holds a 15-9 advantage in the all-time series between the former Big 12 Conference rivals.
Nebraska Team Notes:
• The Huskers went on a 12-0 run after the 12 minute media timeout in the first half to force a Texas A&M timeout.
• Forced seven Texas A&M turnovers while committing just two in the first half to create a 7-0 points-off-turnovers differential in favor of Nebraska.
• Ended the first half on an 11-2 run including a buzzer-beating 2-point shot as time expired.
• Scored at least 40 first-half points for the eighth time this season.
• Enjoyed a 39-27 advantage on rebounds.
• Shot over 90% from the charity stripe (14-of-15) for the second time this year (minimum 15 attempts).
• Collected 18 assists on 26 made field goals.
Nebraska Individual Notes:
• Featured a balanced scoring attack with three players netting over 10 points (Moore 20, Hooper 21 and Sample 10).
• Junior forward Jordan Hooper tallied a team/game-high 21 points … Marked the 12th time this season the Alliance, Neb., native has surpassed the 20-point plateau … She also pulled down eight rebounds.
• Lindsey Moore distributed a game and season-high 10 assists marking the 13th time this season she has collected seven or more assists in a game … Also the second time this season the Covington, Wash., native scored at least 15 points and collected at least five rebounds and five assists … Recorded her first double-double of the season (20 points, 10 assists).
• Hailie Sample recorded her first double-double of the season (10 points, 11 rebounds).
• Head coach Connie Yori, who has led the Huskers to the NCAA Tournament three of the last four seasons, is now 6-6 in NCAA Tournament play (5-4 at Nebraska).
Texas A&M Team Notes:
• The 43 points yielded by A&M in the first half was the second most they has allowed during an opening half this season, trailing only a 44-point period by Notre Dame on Dec. 21.
• The Aggies attempted a final comeback with an 11-2 run to cut the Husker lead to just seven at 66-59 with 2:01 to play.
• A&M saw season lows in both free throws made (1) and free throws attempted (2) … Nebraska, conversely, made 14-of-15 attempts from the line.
Texas A&M Individual Notes:
• The Aggies featured four players in double-digit scoring – Adrienne Pratcher (17), Kelsey Bone (13), Jordan Jones (12) and Courtney Williams (11).
• Pratcher led A&M with 17 points, her third highest scoring total of the season … She also dished out three assists to finish her A&M career with 326, the ninth most in program history.
• Bone scored 13 points, leaving her just one away from 1,000 during her two-year Texas A&M career (999 career points at A&M).