GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Michael Frazier II scored 22 points, Dorian Finney-Smith added 11 and No. 3 Florida overwhelmed Texas A&M 69-36 on Saturday.
The Gators (19-2, 8-0 Southeastern Conference) pushed their winning streak to 13 games and extended a school record for consecutive home wins to 27.
The latest one was another defensive gem. It tied the fewest points Florida has allowed in SEC play since 1950, matching last year's defensive effort against South Carolina.
Florida held the Aggies (12-9, 3-5) to 26 percent shooting and 20 percent from 3-point range. The Gators also outrebounded Texas A&M 57-27.
The Gators closed the first half with a 12-2 run that turned a seven-point lead into a double-digit advantage. They were up 34-17 at the break, and the lead would have been bigger had they hadn't missed 11 of 12 shots from behind the arc.
Texas A&M Basketball
Florida 69, Texas A&M 36
Feb. 1, 2014 ● O'Connell Center
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M fell to 12-9 on the season with a 3-5 mark in SEC games after the 69-36 loss at Florida on Saturday.
● The all-time series between the two schools now stands at 4-1 in favor of Florida.
● The Aggies were held to season lows in both points (36) and shooting percentage (25.9%) … Florida, meanwhile, shot 41.1 percent for the game.
● The Maroon & White used the starting line-up combination of Alex Caruso, Shawn Smith, Jordan Green, Antwan Space and Kourtney Roberson for the eighth time this season.
● Florida owned a 34-17 lead at the intermission … During the first half, A&M shot 7-of-23 (30.4%) from the floor, while UF made 12-of-30 first-half shot attempts (40%).
● The Aggies were led in scoring by Jamal Jones and Kourtney Roberson, who each finished with seven points … Roberson also added a team-best seven rebounds
● Senior Payton Carroll made his A&M debut during the contest.
● A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is now 44-42 in his third season at Texas A&M and 255-221 in 16 years as a head coach.
● After playing four of its last five games away from home, Texas A&M returns to Aggieland and Reed Arena to host Mississippi State on Wednesday at 8 p.m.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.