SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Nov. 5 – Nov. 11)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Florida
6-0 • Kočevje, Slovenia
• Averaged 5.92 points, 5.33 kills and 2.33 digs per set as Florida swept Missouri and Ole Miss on the road
• Had 17 kills and seven digs while hitting .405 against Missouri
• Recorded 15 kills, seven digs and a pair of blocks in a 3-0 win at Ole Miss
• Aided the Gators to a .366 team hitting percentage on the weekend and surpassed her season average in kills/set, hitting percentage, aces/set, digs/set and points/set
SEC CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-6 • Jr. • Nashville, Tenn.
• Led Tennessee to back to back sweeps at Ole Miss and South Carolina, averaging 5.50 digs per set
• Added eight assists for a 1.33 assists per set average
• Helped the Lady Vols hit .316 as a team last week as the team’s primary passer
SEC CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-8 • Jr. • Stevenson Ranch, Calif.
• Recorded 31 digs in a 3-1 loss to LSU, two digs shy of her career-high
• Had no errors in 20 receptions against LSU for a perfect serve-receive percentage
• Posted a match-high 21 digs against Texas A&M; averaged 5.78 digs per set last week
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Alabama
6-0 • Fort Collins, Colo.
• Posted a career-high 20 kills leading Alabama to a 3-1 win over Kentucky on Friday
• Averaged 5.00 kills per set against UK, which included seven in the first set, five in the fourth set and the final kill of the match
• Added three digs and two blocks vs. Kentucky to finish the match with 21 points
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
· • Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Averaged 4.83 kills per set last week and posted a pair of double-doubles as UT swept its SEC opponents on the road
· • Alisia Kastmo (OPP, Texas A&M) – Averaged 3.67 kills, 1.78 digs and 0.89 blocks per set as A&M went 2-0 on the road last week
· • Lisa Henning (OH, Missouri) – Tallied 15 kills, seven digs and five blocks while hitting .375 in a sweep of LSU
· • Jasmine Norton (OH, Arkansas) – Tied her season high with 22 kills and added nine digs in Arkansas’ five-set win over Kentucky
• Lauren Teknipp (MB, Georgia) – Had 13 kills and a team-best .414 hitting percentage in a loss to LSU
• Roslandy Acosta (OH, Arkansas) – Tallied a match and career-high 20 digs in Arkansas’ come from behind win over UK
• Lindsey Miller (MB, Texas A&M) – Had a season high and match-high seven blocks in a 3-2 comeback win at Georgia
• Camila Jersonsky (MB, Auburn) – Had 17 kills, five digs, three blocks and hit .400 in Auburn’s loss to Texas A&M
• Taylor Unroe (L, Florida) – Averaged 4.33 digs per set as Florida swept a pair of conference opponents on the road
• Sarah Meister (L, Missouri) – Had 37 digs (4.11 per set) last week; extended her streak to 123 receptions without an error
• Liz Fortado (OPP, Arkansas) – Was the Razorbacks’ top hitter with a .391 hitting percentage (9-0-23) in Arkansas’ five-set victory over Kentucky
• Cati Leak (RS, LSU) – Had a career-high 16 kills on a career-best .484 hitting percentage in LSU’s 3-1 victory at Georgia
• Shelby Sullivan (MB, Texas A&M) – Posted eight kills and four blocks, both career-highs, in A&M’s 3-2 win at Georgia
• Maggie Baumert (S, Georgia) – Dished out 51 assists last weekend, including 26 in a 3-2 loss to Texas A&M
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.