SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Sept. 23 – Sept. 29)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Right Side, Kentucky
6-1 • Sr. • Helena, Ala.
• Led Kentucky to a 3-0 week, which included a pair of SEC victories on the road
• Logged two double-doubles last week, including a 17-kill, 14-dig outing in a sweep of Auburn. The 17 kills was a season-best for a three-set match
• Had 14 kills, eight digs, a season-high six blocks and a .448 hitting percentage at Alabama
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Kentucky
6-2 • Sr. • Birmingham, Ala.
• Averaged 2.14 blocks per set in two conference wins
• Had a season-high nine blocks in a win at Auburn
• Totaled 17 blocks (1.70 bps) and 11 digs (1.10 dps) in a 3-0 week for UK
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Alabama
6-0 • Chandler, Ariz.
• Led the Tide with 22 kills (3.14 kps) and was second on the team with 16 digs (2.29 dps) on the week
• Notched her sixth double-double of the season with 14 kills and 10 digs against Kentucky, also tied for match-high honors in kills vs. the Wildcats
• Tied for the team lead with eight kills against Alabama State, added six digs in the sweep of the Hornets
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
· • Meredith Hays (OH, Arkansas) – Posted her third double-double of the season (14 kills, 15 digs) in a sweep of Mississippi State
• Živa Recek (OH, Florida) – Hit a season-high .406 against Ole Miss (16-3-32), also tied her career-high in blocks with four versus the Rebels
• Lisa Henning (OH, Missouri) – Averaged 6.00 points per set and hit a career-best .722 in the Tigers’ sweep of South Carolina
• Sierra Patrick (OPP/OH, Texas A&M) – Had 13 kills, 14 digs and a career-high five blocks in a sweep of Georgia
• Dani McCree (OH, Mississippi State) – Averaged 3.58 points per set last week, 1.24 points higher than her season average
• Allison Summers (L/DS, Georgia) – Posted a career-best 38 digs in a 3-2 win at LSU, did not commit a reception error as the starting libero
• Simone Antwi (MB, Florida) – Had a career-high seven blocks against Ole Miss, averaged 2.17 kills and 1.33 blocks per set for the week
• Jazzmin Babers (MB, Texas A&M) – Had a match-high nine blocks vs. Georgia, the most by an A&M player in a three-set match this season
• Whitney Little (MB, Missouri) – Blocked seven shots (2.33 bps) in Missouri’s three-set win over South Carolina
• Emily Helm (L, Arkansas) – Averaged 4.38 digs per set last week as Arkansas improved to 2-0 in league play
• Roxanne McVey (L, Mississippi State) – Recorded 33 total digs (5.50 dps) in a pair of matches last week
• Carly Kan (OH, Missouri) – Hit a career-best .706 with 13 kills in a win over South Carolina, added a career-high five assists vs. the Gamecocks
• Alex Holston (RS, Florida) – Averaged 2.17 kills per set and hit over .350 in two road wins, including .364 (6-2-11) against Ole Miss
• Breana Jones (MB, Arkansas) – Averaged 2.17 kills and 1.33 blocks per set in a pair of SEC road wins, also hit .333 for the week
• Kimmy Gardiner (OPP, Mississippi State) – Notched a team-best 10 kills and added six digs in her SEC debut vs. No. 3 Florida
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.