FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Mardracus Wade scored 14 points as Arkansas secured its first unbeaten run through the Southeastern Conference at home since the 1997-98 season with a 73-62 win over Texas A&M on Saturday.
The Razorbacks (19-12, 10-8) also secured their first overall winning mark in the SEC in five years, the last time the school reached the NCAA tournament. Arkansas closed out the regular season 18-1 at home, with its only loss coming to then-No. 6 Syracuse on Nov. 30.
Wade was one of five players in double figures for the Razorbacks.
The loss was the fourth in five games for Texas A&M (17-14, 7-11), which played without leading scorer Elston Turner because of a hand injury.
Fabyon Harris led the Aggies with 16 points.
Texas A&M Men’s Basketball
Arkansas 73, Texas A&M 62
March 9, 2013 ● Bud Walton Arena
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M ended the regular season with a 17-14 record and a 7-11 mark in SEC play.
● Arkansas, meanwhile, improved to 19-12 overall with a 10-8 league mark ... Additionally, the Razorbacks finished 18-1 at Bud Walton Arena this season with a perfect 9-0 record in SEC games.
● The all-time series between the schools stands at 97-52 in favor of the Razorbacks.
● Arkansas held a 33-26 lead after 20 minutes of play, but Texas A&M ended the first half on a 13-2 run.
● The Aggies closed the deficit to just three points at 38-35 with 16:38 to play in the game but could not complete the comeback.
● Texas A&M shot 51.2 percent (21-of-41) for the contest, while Arkansas finished 19-of-50 (38 percent) from the floor … The Aggies were charged with 23 turnovers.
● Sophomore guard Jordan Green scored a career-high 16 points on 4-of-5 shooting from the floor.
● Junior guard Fabyon Harris led the Aggies with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting, including a 4-of-7 mark from beyond the 3-point arc.
● RS Sophomore Kourtney Roberson scored 13 points, all during the second half.
● Junior guard Blake McDonald made his first career start … The Spring, Texas, native started in place of senior guard Elston Turner, who missed the game with an injury and is listed as day-to-day going forward.
● McDonald played a career-high 13 minutes in the contest, contributing two points and an assist.
● Both teams will head to Nashville to participate in the 2013 SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament, which will take place at Bridgestone Arena March 13-17.
● Texas A&M will be the field’s No. 11 seed and will face either Auburn or Mississippi State on Wednesday at 9 p.m. (CT).