- All-State Cameron running back Traion Smith ran for 2,200 yards and 34 touchdowns a year ago, and has a chance to help the Yoemen become just the fourth team in Texas high school football history to win four consecutive state titles.
- The Houston Astros announced today the signing of right-handed pitcher Riley Ferrell, who was selected in the third round of the 2015 MLB First Year Player Draft. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
- Brazos Valley Juniors 14 National team advanced to bracket play Friday after a 2-1 record Thursday while the BV Junior 16 National team opened up tournament play with 3 wins on Thursday.
- For the first time ever the Brazos Valley Juniors volleyball program has four teams that have qualified for Junior National Championship Tournament that will take place in New Orleans over the next two weeks.
- Navasota's Sammy Blair has officially committed to play baseball at the University of Arkansas according to Rattler Athletic Director Lee Fedora who said, "Sammy is an all around athlete".
He had 43 receptions for 720 yards with 8 touchdown catches last season for the 4A State Champion Rattler football team.
- From Bremond to Navasota and everywhere in between, many of the best high school football players in the Brazos Valley joined News 3 Sports tonight at Merrill Green Stadium to shoot the cover for the 2015 edition of our Friday Football Fever magazine.
- Calvert ISD appears to be shopping for a new Athletic Director after dismissing Marcus Wortham as its AD. Wortham said he was told on Tuesday, May 26th, that he was being let go and would not finish out the school year.
- The College Station High School baseball team lost to Tomball 9-2 in game three of a Class 5A Regional Quarterfinal series Saturday night at The John Cooper School in The Woodlands.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888