High School Sports Headlines
High School Sports Headlines
Hometown Heroes: Rockdale Tigers
- Rockdale returns five starters on both sides of the ball and has a chance to make another deep playoff run.
Hometown Heroes: Franklin Lions
- Franklin returns nine starters on offense and seven starters on defense as they look to make yet another deep run in the playoffs.
Bryan Volleyball Wins Silver Bracket of Huntsville Tournament
- The Bryan Viking Volleyball team won the silver bracket championship of the Huntsville tournament Saturday by beating Spring Westfield 25-14, 25-10 and Burton 25-7, 25-20.
Brazos Valley High School Volleyball Scores - 8/16
- Saturday high school volleyball scores from across the Brazos Valley
Hometown Heroes: Lexington Eagles
- A young Lexington squad in 2013 will be an experienced one in 2014, as ten starters are back on offense and seven more return on defense.
Bryan Tennis Drops Season Opener to Belton
- The Bryan Viking tennis team opened its 2014 campaign with a loss to Belton by the score of 15-4.
Rudder Splits Matches Saturday in Denton
- The Rudder volleyball team split a pair of games Saturday at the Denton Ryan tournament.
Hometown Heroes: Leon Cougars
- The Cougars jump up a class, but have the returning talent to take on the higher level of competition and compete for a playoff spot.
Brazos Valley High School Volleyball Scores - 8/15
- Friday night high school volleyball scores from across the Brazos Valley
Rudder Volleyball Wins 2 of 3 Friday at Denton Ryan Tournament
- Rudder picked up wins over Greenville and Red Oak Friday
Hometown Heroes: Buffalo Bison
- Buffalo welcomes Gary Grubbs as the new head coach to lead the team in 2014. Grubbs comes from Blooming Grove, where he went 18-15 and led the Lions to playoff appearances in 2012 and 2013.
Hometown Heroes: Hearne Eagles
- Hearne welcomes a new head coach to the fold in 2014, but he is no stranger the Crossroads. Former Hearne player Chip Baker returns to his hometown to coach the Eagles this season. He has been an assistant at Conroe the past 15 seasons.
Viking Volleyball Coach Reaches 500th Win
- The Bryan Viking Volleyball team went 2-1 Thursday at the Huntsville Tournament giving Head Coach Caroline Simpson her 500th career win.
2014 Hometown Heroes: Centerville Tigers
- The Tigers have high expectations once again, and with eight starters back on both sides of the ball they could be playing December football in 2014. Centerville also drops a classification, which should only help them as they look to win a district title and go deep in the playoffs.
2014 Hometown Heroes: Anderson - Shiro Owls
- Exciting things are happening in Anderson this season, as the Owls not only welcome new head coach Andy Sexton, but will have their own stadium in play in for the first time. Sex-ton comes from Magnolia High and replaces Dwayne Ross.
2-time champ Allen tops newly named Class 6A poll
- Two-time defending state champion Allen is the preseason No. 1 for the newly named Class 6A in The Associated Press Texas high school football poll.
Bryan Volleyball Wins Season Opener
- The Bryan Viking Volleyball team began the season by beating Waller 15-25, 25-14, 25-11, 25-20 Tuesday at Viking Gym.
Lady Tigers Hand New Head Coach Season Opening Win
- A&M Consolidated won its volleyball season opener over Montgomery Tuesday night 25-19, 25-18, 25-14.
Brazos Valley High School Volleyball Scores August 12, 2014
- The high school volleyball season tipped off tonight across the state of Texas and here are the Brazos Valley scores that were reported to the KBTX Sports Department.
Hometown Heroes: Snook BlueJays
- Snook head coach Scott Cummings makes no bones about it, he expects his team to reach the postseason in 2014.
More High School Sports Headlines