High School Sports Headlines
High School Sports Headlines
Schafer, Cook lead Canadian to Class 2A Division I crown
- Tanner Schafer threw two touchdown passes and Chance Cook ran for two more scores as Canadian beat Mason 34-7 to take the Class 2A Division I state championship.
Amie's 2 TDs help Waskom to Class 3A Division II crown
- Chan Amie scored touchdowns on an 88-yard kickoff return and a 5-yard run as Waskom beat Newton 41-22 to take the Class 3A Division II championship.
Classroom Champion - December 18, 2014 - Harrison Jones
- News 3 Sports would like to congratulate our latest Classroom Champion, Harrison Jones.
Bremond Rallies to Top Albany for Class 2A Division II Title
- Roshauud Paul ran for the winning touchdown with 1:17 to play as Bremond rallied with 21 fourth-quarter points to beat Albany 28-21 and take the Class 2A Division II championship.
Texas APSE Class 6A all-state football team
- The 2014 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 6A all-state high school football team, released Thursday.
Cameron Seeks Third Straight State Championship
- The Cameron football team will face Mineola Thursday night in the Class 3A Division I State Championship game.
Class 5A AP All State Football Team
- The 2014 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 5A all-state high school football team, released Wednesday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
Navasota Looking For Second State Title In Three Years
- Two years ago Navasota made an impressive run to the State Title game and posted a lopsided win over Gilmer 39-3. Now the Rattlers have a chance to post another undefeated season with a win over Argyle and pick up their second state title in three years.
Texas AP Class 4A all-state football team
- The 2014 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 4A all-state high school football team, released Tuesday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
Bremond A Win Away From First Football Title Since 1981
- Bremond is headed to a football state championship game for the 6th time in school history, and they're looking to pick up title number two when they face fellow unbeaten Albany Thursday morning at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Texas AP Class 3A All-State Football Team
- The 2014 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 3A all-state high school football team, released Monday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
Texas AP Class 2A all-state football team
- The 2014 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 2A all-state high school football team, released Sunday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
Crowell repeats as Class 1A Division I six-man champion
- Senior Mitchell Parsley threw four touchdown passes, ran for two more and returned an interception for a score as Crowell trampled May 62-16 on Saturday to repeat as Class 1A Division I six-man champion.
Throckmorton tops Groom 66-20 for 1A D-II crown
- Casey Mitchell rushed for 168 yards and four touchdowns to lead Throckmorton to its third state title in four years with a 66-20 victory against Groom in the Class 1A Division II six-man championship Saturday.
Centerville's Run Ends At The Hands Of The Mason Punchers 27-7
- The Centerville Tigers got off to a rough start against the Mason Punchers Friday night in the Class 2A Division 1 State Semifinals at Georgetown ISD Stadium and never recovered losing 27-7.
Bremond Headed To State Following 32-29 Win Over Tenaha
- After losing 3 straight years to Tenaha in the State Playoffs, Bremond knocked off their postseason nemesis 32-29 Friday night at Homer Bryce Stadium.
Cameron Going Back To State Title Game
- Cameron Yoe beat Edna 70-34 Friday night in a Class 3A Division 1 State Semi-final game at the Berry Center in Cypress.
Rattlers Headed Back To State, Rally To Beat Liberty Hill In Semifinals
- For the second straight week the Navasota Rattlers rallied from a 14-point deficit to advance in the 4A Division I state playoffs. The Rattlers knocked out Liberty Hill 49-26 to punch their ticket to the state championship game for the second time in three seasons.
Texas high school all-star football & basketball games will be discontinued
- The Texas High School Coaches Association is abandoning an all-star football game dating to 1935.
Centerville Will Battle Unbeaten Mason With Trip To State On The Line
- Centerville (10-3) has won 11 games each of the last two seasons and if the Tigers can reach that win total for a 3rd straight year they will advance to the Class 2A Division 2 State Championship game for the first time in school history.
More High School Sports Headlines