High School Sports Headlines
Fastest Man In The World Coaches In Snook
Competing at the 2014 USA Masters Outdoor Championships this past weekend Snook ISD Assistant Coach Louis Edmonson won the 110 high hurdles with a time of 14.22 seconds making him the fastest hurdler in the world in the 35-39 year old age division.
High School Sports Headlines
State 7-on-7 Tournament Comes To A Close
- The 2014 7-on-7 State Football Tournament wrapped up Saturday afternoon at Veterans Park in College Station.
7-on-7 State Tournament Rolls On
- Day two of the 7-on-7 State Football Tournament wrapped up Friday evening.
7-on-7 State Tournament In Underway In College Station
- The 2014 State 7-on-7 Tournament returned to College Station Thursday.
Tigers Back At Home For 7-on-7 State Tournament
- The A&M Consolidated football program will begin play at the State 7-On-7 Tournament Friday.
Hearne Eagles Without A Head Football Coach With Two-A-Days Less Than A Month Away
- "The district appears to be moving in a different direction with its athletic program and I've decided to return to Burton," Coach Smith told KBTX Sports Tuesday afternoon.
College Station Cougars Preparing For State 7 on 7 Tournament
- The College Station Cougars are one of six local teams in the State 7 on 7 Tournament, and they are looking to take advantage of the time on the field as they get ready to play their first season of playoff eligible football.
Bryan Claims 2014 Crosstown Showdown Rib Relay Race
- It is Crosstown Showdown time again, but today the four Bryan-College station high schools were tackling a challenge off the field.
Texas State 7-on-7 Pools Released
- Six Brazos Valley high school football teams will compete for a State 7-on-7 championship when the event returns to College Station July 10-12.
Dave Campbell's 2014 Brazos Valley Breakdown
- Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine hit the shelves last week, and football junkies have had a hard time putting it down. The "bible" of Texas football thinks some big things are in store for the Brazos Valley once again.
Can New Tests For Helmets Reduce Concussions?
- There is no concussion-proof football helmet, but manufacturers may soon have to meet new testing standards against certain concussion-causing forces.
Braxton Haynes Signs With Augustana College
- Mumford Senior Guard Braxton Haynes has signed a national letter of intent with Augustana College in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Shelton Leaving Brazos Valley After 17 Seasons For Alvord
- After coaching the last 17 years in the Brazos Valley (Buffalo-7, Bryan-3, Rudder-4, & Franklin-3), John Shelton is picking up stakes and heading to Alvord to continue his coaching career.
Aubrie King Puts Name In NFHS Record Books
- King made 169 three pointers last season which led the nation. He's listed in the top 10 nationally in career three pointers made, career three point shooting percentage, and career assist.
College Station High School Finishes 2nd in UIL Lonestar Cup
- The College Station High School athletic program finished second in the state in the 2013-2014 UIL Lonestar Cup, given annually to the top overall athletic and academic programs in Texas.
UIL May Move State Basketball, Adds Cheerleading
- High school athletic officials in Texas are close to moving the state basketball tournaments after 93 years in Austin and adding competitive cheerleading.
Consol Beats Cypress Springs 41-12 to Advance to State 7 on 7 Tournament
- The A&M Consolidated 7 on 7 football team beat Cypress Springs 41 to 12 in the semifinal round of the College Station tournament at Tiger Stadium on Saturday.
College Station Football Headed to State 7 on 7 Tournament
- On Saturday, the College Station Cougars qualified for the Texas State 7-on-7 Division I Tournament which will played July 11th-12th at Veterans Park.
Rattlers hire former A&M player as receivers coach
- Navasota High School hired former Rattler and former Texas A&M wide receiver Gaston Lamascus as its new wide receiver coach.
College Station Wins 3A State Baseball Championship With 8th Inning Win Over Argyle
- College Station scored 3 runs in the 8th inning and won the Class 3A State Championship following a 5-2 win over Argyle at Disch Falk Field Thursday evening.
College Station Tops Lubbock Cooper
- The College Station High School baseball team beat Lubbock-Cooper 9-8 in 8 innings on Wednesday afternoon in the class 3-A Baseball Tournament.
More High School Sports Headlines