High School Sports Headlines
Sodek Leaving Mumford For Flatonia
Mumford boys' head basketball coach Chris Sodek is leaving the Mustang program to become the Head Boys' basketball coach and Assistant Principal at Flatonia ISD.
High School Sports Headlines
36-4A Girls All District Soccer Results Released
- The District 36-4A Girls' soccer honors were released Wednesday with College Station's Jaylen Hinckley named the leagues MVP, while her team-mate Lauren Spohn and Brenham Au'Dresha Spates were named the Co-Offensive MVPs.
Franklin Teacher/Coach David Knight To Be Buried Saturday
- David Scott Knight, of Franklin, passed away at his residence Tuesday afternoon and funeral services will take place at the First Baptist Church in Franklin Saturday morning at 10:00. Interment will follow at 3:00 pm at the Crawford Cemetery in Crawford, Texas.
Lady Vikings Win Regular Season Finale To Force Playoff 'Play In' Game
- The Bryan Lady Viking softball team beat College Park in its regular season finale 1-0. The victory forces a 'play in' game Monday evening at 6 against the Cavilers for District 14-5A's final playoff spot.
Peterson, Evans, Bloch and Keel earn medalist honors at AJGA Qualifier
- Ryan Peterson of Houston, Bryant Evans of Flower Mound, Texas, Andrew Bloch of Tyler, Texas and Cameron Keel of Houston, recorded a 4-over-par 76 and claimed medalist honors Wednesday in the AJGA Qualifier for the Goodman Networks Junior at Traditions hosted by Traditions Club at Texas A&M. In the Girls Division, Addison Mitchell of Fort Smith, Ark., medaled with a 4-over-par 76.
College Station, Caldwell, Groesbeck Players Advance to State Tennis
- College Station's Nick Bradham won the boys singles title and Kyle Miller and Noah Jean won the boys doubles title at the 3A Region III tennis tournament Tuesday.
Rockdale Lady Tigers Score 10 Unanswered To Beat College Station 10-4
- Rockdale Lady Tigers fell behind 4 to nothing against College Station and then rallied with 10 unanswered runs over the final 5 innings to post a 10-4 win.
Bryan Baseball Picks up 3-1 Win Over Lufkin
- Pitcher Landon Miner allowed only five Lufkin hits and got enough run support to lead the Vikings past the Panthers 3-1 Tuesday night.
Mumford's King Named TABC 1A Division 1 Player Of The Year
- The Texas Association of basketball Coaches released its players of the year and Mumford's Aubrie King has been named the Class 1A Division 1 player of the year for a second straight year.
Lady Cougars Come Up a Win Shy of State Soccer Tournament
- Friendswood scored a pair of goals in the final six minutes of the match to beat College Station 2-0 in the 4A Region III championship.
No. 1 College Station Baseball Completes Season Sweep of No. 6 Caldwell
- Top ranked College Station broke open a 2-0 game with a huge sixth inning to get past No. 6 Caldwell 10-2 Friday night.
CSHS Cougars Advance to Regional Championship
- The Lady Cougars soccer team advanced to the regional final today with 1-0 overtime victory against the Spring Woods Tigers.
College Station Claims Boys' & Girls' 18-3A Team Track Championships
- The College Station boys’ and girls’ track teams swept the District 18-3A team championships Thursday night at Cougar Stadium.
Cougars Go 1,2,3 in 3200 Twice at District 18-3A Track Meet
- College Station's 3200 meter distance runners made it a clean sweep in both the girls' and boys' races at the District 18-3A Track Meet at Cougar Stadium Wednesday afternoon.
Rudder Softball Takes Loss to Brenham
- The Rudder Softball team faced the Brenham Cubs on Tuesday night.
Snook Baseball Defeats Somerville
- Snook and Somerville took the diamond Tuesday evening in Snook and the home team reigned supreme.
District 36-4A All District Soccer Selections Released
- The District 36-4A Soccer All-District Selections were selected and are...
Consol Baseball Run Ruled by The Woodlands in Five
- The A&M Consolidated Baseball never crossed the plate against The Woodlands, taking the 11-0 loss in five innings.
District 14-5A Golf Championships Finish Up at Raven Nest
- Bryan shoots 2nd lowest round of the day to move passed A&M Consolidated and push College Park into 4th place.
Lady Cougs advance to the Regional Tournament
- The Lady Cougar soccer team will advance to the Regional Tournament for the first time in the school's young history with a 2-0 win over Port Neches-Groves.
Texas Girls Coaches Association Softball Poll - April 7, 2014
- Three Brazos Valley high school softball teams are in this week's rankings
More High School Sports Headlines