High School Sports Headlines
High School Sports Headlines
A&M Consolidated Cruises Past Copperas Cove In Season Opener
- The A&M Consolidated football team beat Copperas Cove 51-14 Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
College Station Shuts Out Terry to Kickoff 2015
- College Station raced out to an early lead and never looked back in a 45-0 season opening victory over Rosenberg Terry.
Hometown Heroes: A&M Consolidated Tigers
- The Tigers did not live up to very high preseason expectations, but still battled through a ton of injuries to reach the playoffs for the tenth year in a row. The Tigers dropped all three non-district games, but won five of their seven 18-5A contests to reach the playoffs. However, state runner-up Temple ended the Tigers season in the bi-district round.
Snook Drops Season Opener To Hallettsville Sacred Heart
- The Snook Blue Jays lost to Hallettsville Sacred Heart 29-22 Thursday night in the season opener for both teams.
High School Varsity Volleyball Finals August 27
- High School Volleyball results sent into KBTX Sports on Thursday August 27th
Hometown Heroes: College Station Cougars
- The Cougars competed for a district title and made their first playoff appearance in 2014. After a season opening loss College Station reeled off seven straight wins before an overtime loss to Bryan.
Lady Cougars Sweep 4th Ranked Caldwell
- Shelby Sumlin and Mary Pettibon each had 8 kills as the College Station Lady Cougar volleyball team beat Caldwell the 4th ranked team in Class 4A 25-9, 25-13, and 25-23.
High School Volleyball Finals - August 25
- Tuesday night high school volleyball scores reported to KBTX
Hometown Heroes: Rudder
- The Rangers hope to show a lot of improvement and contend for a playoff spot in their second season under Will Compton.
Hometown Heroes: Huntsville Hornets
- The Hornets returned to the playoffs in their first season under new head coach Rodney Southern. Huntsville improved by five games in the win column and made the postseason for the fourth time in the past five years. Southern said, “We laid the foundation for the program.”
Hometown Heroes: Bryan
- If Bryan is able to bring home back-to-back district championships, it will be because of their seniors.
High School Volleyball Finals - August 22
- High school volleyball final scores reported to KBTX on Saturday, August 22.
Hometown Heroes: Brenham
- The Cubs return ten starters to a squad that should challenge for a district title and be a threat to make another good run in the playoffs.
High School Volleyball Finals - August 21
- High school volleyball final scores reported to KBTX on Friday, August 21.
Hometown Heroes: Navasota
- One of the most prolific passing/catching duos in state history returns hoping to lead the defending state champs to back-to-back titles in their senior season.
Navasota's Dickson and Eppler Make MaxPreps Preseason All-American Team
- Reigning MaxPreps Junior of the Year Tren'Davian Dickson and Sophomore of the Year Tate Martell headline the MaxPreps 2015 Preseason All-American Team.
Hometown Heroes: Madisonville Mustangs
- The Mustangs did not find the win column as often as they would have liked, but did win enough district games to reach the playoffs for the second straight season. After a 1-5 start to the season Madisonville turned things around enough to enter their regular season finale at Coldspring with a shot at a district championship.
High School Varsity Volleyball Finals August 20
- It's another tournament weekend for area high school volleyball teams. Here are the finals that were sent into KBTX Sports.
Hometown Heroes: Caldwell Hornets
- The Caldwell Hornets got back on track in 2014, winning six games and ending a four year playoff drought. “This was the big improvement we have been working for since 2013,” said head coach Bobby Jack Goforth.
High School Volleyball Finals - August 18
- Tuesday night Brazos Valley high school volleyball scores reported to KBTX
More High School Sports Headlines