High School Sports Headlines
High School Sports Headlines
Franklin Advances In Class 3A Division 2 Playoffs
- The Franklin football team beat Maypearl 51-13 Thursday night in a Class 3A Division 2 two area round playoff game at Waco ISD Stadium.
Dripping Springs Sweeps A&M Consolidated At State Volleyball Tournament
- Dripping Springs' Morgyn Greer had 19 kills and the Dripping Springs' Lady Tigers beat A&M Consolidated 25-11, 25-15, 25-23 Thursday evening at the Curtis Culwell Center. With the win Dripping Springs advances to Saturday's 5A State Championship Match at 4:30pm.
Navasota And Chapel Hill Meet Again In Postseason
- Top ranked Navasota will make a return trip to Moorhead Stadium in Conroe Friday night for a Class 4A Division 1 area round playoff game against Chapel Hill.
Bryan Will Meet Magnolia West In Area Round Playoff Game
- The Bryan Viking football team will face Magnolia West Friday night in a Class 5A Division 1 area round playoff game
A&M Consolidated And Iola Still Alive In State Tournament
- The University Scholastic League State Volleyball Tournament will begin Thursday at Garland ISD's Curtis Culwell Center. A week ago the Brazos Valley had nine teams that still had state title aspirations, but only A&M Consolidated and Iola are still playing.
Midway Hands Rudder Lady Ranger Basketball 64-47 Loss
- The Midway Pantherettes got 20 points from sophomore guard Barbara Benson and beat Rudder 64-47 at The Armory Tuesday night.
Franklin's Ali Fratessa Signs With Auburn Equestrian
- Auburn University has signed eleven of the nation’s top riders to compete for Auburn in the class of 2015, head coach Greg Williams announced Thursday.
UIL Volleyball State Tournament Pairings
- The 2014 UIL Volleyball State Championships will be held Thursday-Saturday, November 20-22, at the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, Texas.
Consol Volleyball State Bound After Sweep of Rudder
- A&M Consolidated swept 18-5A rival Rudder 26-24, 25-23, 25-17 to win the 5A Region III championship Saturday at Don Coleman Coliseum.
Bryan Advances Past Manor, 48-27
- Bryan scored the first two touchdowns of the game and never looked back on their way to a 48-27 bi-district playoff win over Manor.
Statewide Texas High School Football Playoff Scores - 11/14
- Friday night high school football playoff scores from across the great state of Texas
No. 1 Navasota Rolls Past Needville, 55-15
- Shelton Eppler and Tren'Davian Dickson connected on four first half touchdowns as number one Navasota rolled past Needville 55-15 in a 4A Division I bi-district playoff game.
Hutto Rallies Past College Station, 56-52
- College Station could not hold on to a 21-point second half lead and dropped their first playoff football game in a 56-52 shootout to Hutto on the Hippos home field.
3rd Ranked Temple Ends A&M Consolidated's Season 58-14
- A&M Consolidated Head Football Coach David Raffield said Thursday that he knew the road to State would run through Temple, he just didn't think the Tigers would have to play 3rd ranked Temple in the bi-district round. Friday night at Bobcat Stadium the Wildcats jumped out to a 13 to nothing lead and never looked back as beat the Tigers 58-14.
Caldwell's Comeback Falls Short In Bi-District Playoffs 32-27
- The Caldwell Hornets were down 26-14 at the half and were able to score in the 3rd quarter to make it a five point game, but that's as close as Bobby Jack Goforth's team could get.
Huntsville's Season Ends Following 24-20 Loss To Elgin
- The Huntsville Hornets had to rally late last week over Willis to punch their ticket to the playoffs, and were rewarded with home game in the first round of the playoffs. The friendly confines of Bowers Stadium was not magical for the second week in a row as Huntsville came up short 24-20.
Brenham Eliminates Yates, 61-12
- Brenham took advantage of the home-field advantage in the playoffs and eliminated Yates 61-12.
Allen Academy Blows Out Mt. Carmel To Kick Off TCAL Playoffs
- Allen Academy rolled past Houston Mt. Carmel Academy 58-8 in in the first round of the TCAL Six-Man football playoffs.
Robinson Ends Caldwell's Volleyball Season At Regional Tournament
- The Caldwell Lady Hornet Volleyball team rallied to win the first set over Robinson, but couldn't hold that lead as they lost in four sets to the Lady Rockets 26-24, 22-25, 20-25, 24-26 at Viking Gym Friday night.
Classroom Champion - November 13, 2014 - Drew Neyland
- News 3 Sports would like to congratulate our latest Classroom Champion, Drew Neyland.
More High School Sports Headlines