Leon Picks Up 30-6 Win Over Normangee
The Leon Cougars scored on their opening possession thanks to a 57 yard touchdown run by quarterback Corbin Watson and never looked back to a 30-6 win.
High School Football Headlines
Hometown Heroes: Cameron Yoe Yoemen
- The Yoemen will have to replace 14 starters, 24 lettermen, and a ton talent if they want to make a run at a third straight state title.
Hometown Heroes: Rockdale Tigers
- Rockdale returns five starters on both sides of the ball and has a chance to make another deep playoff run.
Hometown Heroes: Franklin Lions
- Franklin returns nine starters on offense and seven starters on defense as they look to make yet another deep run in the playoffs.
Hometown Heroes: Lexington Eagles
- A young Lexington squad in 2013 will be an experienced one in 2014, as ten starters are back on offense and seven more return on defense.
Hometown Heroes: Leon Cougars
- The Cougars jump up a class, but have the returning talent to take on the higher level of competition and compete for a playoff spot.
Hometown Heroes: Buffalo Bison
- Buffalo welcomes Gary Grubbs as the new head coach to lead the team in 2014. Grubbs comes from Blooming Grove, where he went 18-15 and led the Lions to playoff appearances in 2012 and 2013.
Hometown Heroes: Snook BlueJays
- Snook head coach Scott Cummings makes no bones about it, he expects his team to reach the postseason in 2014.
2014 Hometown Heroes: Milano Eagles
- The Eagles welcome back Chad LaGrone as their head coach. LaGrone served as head coach at Milano from 1996-2003, and his 44 wins are the most in school history. He replaces Craig Jentsch, who steps down after a very successful 40-16 six year run as coach at Milano.
2014 Hometown Heroes: Somerville Yeguas
- The Yeguas welcome a new head coach in 2014, as James Richardson takes over in Somerville. Richardson had a very good run at Bracketville, going 23-6 in his time there and leading the Tigers to the playoffs in 2012 and 2013. Richardson will have his work cut out for him as the Yeguas look to return to the postseason for the first time since 2006. Somerville returns seven players who made starts on offense and/or defense a year ago.
Hometown Heroes: Bremond Tigers
- Bremond, with seven starters back on offense and eight returning on defense, is primed to make another deep playoff run.
More High School Football Headlines