SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Nov. 23-24)
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-11 • 209 • Sr. • DeLand, Fla.
• Gillislee rushed for 140 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries in Florida’s 37-26 win at Florida State. His 37-yard run in the fourth quarter put the Gators ahead to stay, 23-20. Gillislee becomes the first Gator to rush for more than 1,000 yards since Ciatrick Fason in 2004.
6-3 • 216 • So. • Raleigh, Miss.
• Moncrief caught seven passes for a career-high 173 yards and a school record-tying three touchdowns in leading Ole Miss to a 41-24 win over Mississippi State. The 173-yard
performance ranks fourth in Ole Miss history, the most ever against MSU and the most by a Rebel since 1993.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 218 • Sr. • Donalsonville, Ga.
• Rambo tallied eight tackles, forced two fumbles, recovered one and had an interception in Georgia’s 42-10 win over Georgia Tech. Rambo returned fumble 49 yards and interception 27 yards, both setting up Bulldog offensive touchdowns.
6-6 • 256 • So. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Clowney set the school reord for sacks in a game with 4.5 and broke the school record for sacks in a season with 13.0 in the Gamecocks’ 27-17 win at Clemson. He totaled seven tackles, including six solo stops, and was also credited with a quarterback pressure. The sack total was also a Clemson Memorial Stadium record.
SEC Co-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-10 • 190 • Jr. • Mayfield Village, Ohio
• Spear was perfect on field goals and PATs, hitting field goals of 52 and 50 yards and converting on all four PAT tries in Vanderbilt’s 55-21 win at Wake Forest. Spear also had four touchbacks on eight kickoffs. He becomes the first Vanderbilt kicker to make two 50+ yard field goals in a game since 1996.
5-11 • 184 • Sr. • St. Augustine, Fla.
• Sturgis was perfect on three field goals and three PAT tries in the Gators’ 37-26 win at Florida State. He also had two touchbacks on eight kickoffs. The Seminoles average starting field position on Sturgis’ 8 kickoffs was its own 26 yard line.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 302 • Sr. • Germantown, Tenn.
• Jones had the highest grade (96 percent) for any Alabama offensive lineman this season in the Tide’s 49-0 win against Auburn.
• The Alabama offensive line did not allow a sack in the game and Jones did not have any pressures, penalties or missed assignments.
• Alabama scored a touchdown on each of its first seven drives of the game.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 256 • So. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Clowney set the school reord for sacks in a game with 4.5 and broke the school record for sacks in a season with 13.0 in the Gamecocks’ 27-17 win at Clemson.
• He totaled seven tackles, including six solo stops, and was also credited with a quarterback pressure.
• The sack total was also a Clemson Memorial Stadium record.
• The Gamecocks held Clemson to 17 points and 328 yards, well below their season averages of 44.6 poitns and 535.6 yards per game.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel completed 32-of-44 passes for 372 yards with three touchdowns and an interception and rushed for 67 yards on 12 carries and two touchdowns in Texas A&M’s 59-29 win over Missouri.
• With the effort against Missouri, Manziel became the SEC’s single-season total offensive yardage leader with 4,600 yards, breaking old mark of 4,327 yards set in 14 games by Auburn’s Cam Newton in 2010.
• Manziel is responsible for 43 touchdowns this season, which is tied for third in SEC history. He has generated five-or-more TDs in six games this season.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 13
SAF ROBERT LESTER (Alabama) -- Led team with five total tackles (4 solos) with an interception against Auburn.
QB TYLER WILSON (Arkansas) -- Completed 31-of-52 passes for 359 yards with a touchdown and interception against LSU.
RB TRE MASON (Auburn) -- Rushed for 82 yards on 21 carries against Alabama.
DB MATT ELAM (Florida) -- Had team-high seven tackles (all solos) with a sack and interception against Florida State.
QB AARON MURRAY (Georgia) -- Completed 14-of-17 passees for 215 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia Tech.
WR LA’ROD KING (Kentucky) -- Caught game-high 10 passes for 78 yards against Tennessee.
WR JARVIS LANDRY (LSU) -- Had eight catches for 75 yards with a 22-yard TD reception against Arkansas.
LB LAMIN BARROW (LSU) -- Had team-high 12 tackles with a forced fumble, pass deflection and a quarterback pressure against Arkansas.
DE C.J. JOHNSON (Ole Miss) -- Had three tackles including two sacks (-16 yards) against Mississippi State.
WR CHAD BUMPHIS (Mississippi State) -- Caught team-high six passes for 146 yards and two touchdowns against Ole Miss.
RS MARCUS MURPHY (Missouri) -- Had 164 return yards against Texas A&M, including 107 on six kickoff returns and 28 yards on two punt returns.
QB DYLAN THOMPSON (South Carolina) -- Completed 23-of-41 passes for 310 yards and three touchdowns and added 38 yards on 14 carries at Clemson.
QB TYLER BRAY (Tennessee) -- Completed 20-of-34 passes for 293 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky.
LB A.J. JOHNSON (Tennessee) -- Had 14 tackles, two tackles for loss, including a sack against Kentucky.
SAF HOWARD MATTHEWS (Texas A&M) -- Had game-high 13 tackles, including one for a loss, against Missouri.
RB ZAC STACY (Vanderbilt) -- Rushed for 180 yards and two TDs on 21 carries at Wake Forest.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.