National Sports Headlines
Steelers rally past stunned Texans 30-23
- Ben Roethlisberger passed for two touchdowns and wide receiver Antonio Brown added another on a gadget play during a dizzying stretch late in the first half, helping the Pittsburgh Steelers rally for a 30-23 win over the mistake-prone Houston Texans on Monday night.
Clowney sits again as Texans visit Steelers
- Rookie linebacker Jadeveon Clowney will miss his sixth straight game on Monday night when the Houston Texans play the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Garrett shuns contract talk with hot Dallas start
- Dallas coach Jason Garrett says he isn't thinking about a contract extension with the Cowboys off to their best start since 2007.
Prairie View beats MVSU 52-19
- Jerry Lovelocke threw three touchdowns in Prairie View's 52-19 rout of Mississippi Valley State on Saturday.
Dolphins QB Tannehill probable against Bears
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill is probable for Sunday's game at Chicago because of an ankle injury that briefly limited him in practice this week.
Clowney back at practice, hopes to play Monday
- No. 1 overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney has returned to practice and hopes to play on Monday night when Houston meets the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Brady threw 3 TD passes, Patriots beat Jets 27-25
- Tom Brady threw three touchdown passes and the New England Patriots held off the New York Jets 27-25 when Nick Folk's 58-yard field goal attempt was blocked on the last play Thursday night.
Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Travis Ishikawa hit a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth inning, sending the San Francisco Giants to the World Series with a 6-3 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday night.
Kevin Harvick at ease headed into tense Talladega
- Kevin Harvick is already guaranteed a spot in the third round of NASCAR's playoffs, so he has no reason to race hard Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway.
Rangers hire Pirates' Jeff Banister as new manager
- The Texas Rangers have hired Pittsburgh Pirates bench coach Jeff Banister as their new manager. Banister got the nod over two other finalists, interim manager Tim Bogar and Cleveland Indians bullpen coach Kevin Cash.
Royals hold off Orioles 2-1, finish ALCS sweep
- With more dominant defense, an opportunistic offense that plated two runs in the first inning and a bullpen that shut down the Baltimore Orioles once again, Greg Holland and the Kansas City Royals wrapped up a sweep of the AL Championship Series with a 2-1 victory on Wednesday.
Giants beat Cardinals 6-4, move 1 win from Series
- Buster Posey drove in three runs and the San Francisco Giants took advantage of some clunky defense by St. Louis first baseman Matt Adams, beating the Cardinals 6-4 on Wednesday night to move within one victory of the World Series.
Wambach scores, US beats Trinidad and Tobago 1-0
- Abby Wambach scored in the 55th minute to help the United States beat Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 on Wednesday night in their opening Women's World Cup qualifying game.
NFL suspends Bucs FB Jorvorskie Lane 2 games
- The NFL has suspended Tampa Bay fullback Jorvorskie Lane for two games without pay for the violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Kaepernick's fine cut in half
- San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick's $11,025 fine from the NFL for what a game official called "inappropriate language" during the 49ers' loss to the Chicago Bears last month was cut in half Wednesday.
More National Sports Headlines