National Sports Headlines
Kouzmanoff, Rangers beat Mariners 8-6
Posted: 10:09 PM
- Kevin Kouzmanoff delivered again, doubling twice and scoring two runs as the Texas Rangers beat Seattle Mariners 8-6 Thursday.
Getzlaf plans to play in Ducks' Game 2 vs. Dallas
Posted: 10:06 PM
- A day after Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf took a slap shot to the head, the Ducks had already found the lighter side of a potentially disastrous playoff injury.
Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1
Posted: 10:04 PM
- James Shields struck out 12 in eight innings and the Kansas City Royals completed a three-game sweep of the Houston Astros with a 5-1 win on Thursday night.
Source: Haith front-runner for Tulsa job
Posted: 9:01 PM
- Missouri coach Frank Haith is in position to replace Danny Manning at Tulsa.
Rangers rally for 2 in 9th to beat Mariners 3-2
- Leonys Martin had a game-winning RBI single in the ninth inning as the Texas Rangers scored two unearned runs in a two-out rally against Fernando Rodney, beating the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Wednesday night in a game that started as a battle of aces.
Grizzlies grab 7th seed, beat Dallas 106-105 in OT
- Mike Conley hit two free throws with 1.1 seconds left in overtime, and the Memphis Grizzlies grabbed the Western Conference's No. 7 seed away from Dallas by edging the Mavericks 106-105 on Wednesday night in the regular season finale.
Homer by Moustakas lifts Royals over Astros 6-4
- Mike Moustakas homered in the 11th inning to lift the Kansas City Royals to a 6-4 win over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
Evans leads Pelicans past Rockets, 105-100
- Tyreke Evans had 25 points and 10 assists, and the New Orleans Pelicans closed out a difficult season with a crowd pleasing 105-100 victory over the playoff-bound Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.
Hill leads Lakers over Spurs in finale, 113-100
- Jordan Hill had 18 points and 14 rebounds and the Lakers closed their worst season since they moved to Los Angeles with a 113-100 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night.
Royals down Astros 4-2
- Rookie Yordano Ventura threw seven solid innings for first major league win to lift the Kansas City Royals to a 4-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.
Fielder ends HR drought, Rangers beat M's 5-0
- Prince Fielder and Kevin Kouzmanoff hit back-to-back homers, Robbie Ross limited Seattle to five singles in seven-plus innings and the Texas Rangers beat the Mariners 5-0 Tuesday night.
Astros Open Series vs Royals
- Tonight’s game is the 1st of a brief, 3-game homestand vs. the Kansas City
Jackie Robinson Day, One of the Most Legendary Days in Baseball
- Jackie Robinson is one of the most well-known Major League Baseball Players to ever play the game.
Cal Hires Tennessee's Cuonzo Martin as Coach
- California has hired Tennessee's Cuonzo Martin as its head coach.
Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- Mike Zunino homered an inning before adding an RBI single in Seattle's strange six-run outburst that included three Texas Rangers errors and a replay reversal that gave the Mariners a run in their 7-1 victory Monday night.
More National Sports Headlines
Lady Vikings Win Regular Season Finale To Force Playoff 'Play In' Game
The Bryan Lady Viking softball team beat College Park in its regular season finale 1-0. The victory forces a 'play in' game Monday evening at 6 against the Cavilers for District 14-5A's final playoff spot.
Aggies Host No. 17 Kentucky in Pivotal SEC Weekend
The Aggies embark on pivotal three-game home series against the No. 21 Kentucky Wildcats beginning on Friday. Texas A&M is looking to build on momentum form their series victory over the then No. 7 Vanderbilt Commodores last weekend in Nashville. It marked the first home series loss for the Commodores since April of 2012. The Maroon and White are also coming off their most productive offensive game of the season with their 20-2 win against Abilene Christian on Wednesday.
Bearkats Rally for 9-8 Win Over Lamar
The Sam Houston State Bearkat baseball team overcame an 8-3 Lamar advantage to take game 1 of the Southland Conference Series 9-8. Bearkats scored a pair in the top of the first inning, but gave up 6 runs in home half of the opening stanza to trail 6-2 after one complete.
Aggie Equestrian Ends Season at NCEA Championships
The 12th-seeded Texas A&M equestrian team dropped a narrow, 8-7 meet to No. 5 seed Kansas State in the first round of the National Collegiate Equestrian Association (NCEA) Championships on Thursday at the Extraco Events Center.