National Sports Headlines
Wildcats Advance To Elite Eight With 'Cake Walk' Win Over West Virginia 78-39
- Perfect and pulverizing. Kentucky made West Virginia's press look pathetic. Trey Lyles scored 14 points, Andrew Harrison added 13 and the unbeaten Wildcats, chasing history and a ninth national title, rolled to a 78-39 victory over the Mountaineers on Thursday night in the Midwest Regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
Aggie Khris Middleton's buzzer-beater sends Bucks to 89-88 win over Heat
- Khris Middleton hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer as the Milwaukee Bucks snapped a six-game losing streak with an 89-88 comeback victory over Miami on Tuesday night in a key game for the sixth spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
Ellis has 38 points, Mavericks rally to beat Spurs 101-94
- Monta Ellis matched his season high with 38 points and the Dallas Mavericks rallied in the second half to defeat the San Antonio Spurs 101-94 on Tuesday night.
Browns Expect Manziel On Field in April
- Browns coach Mike Pettine expects quarterback Johnny Manziel to take part in the team's practices next month after leaving rehab.
James Harden's 44 help Rockets send Pacers to sixth straight loss
- James Harden found all the cracks in Indiana's defense Monday night.
Splitter, Leonard lead San Antonio's rout of Hawks
- Tiago Splitter scored a season-high 23 points, Kawhi Leonard added 20 points and the San Antonio Spurs won their third straight game with an easy 103-95 victory Sunday over the Atlanta Hawks.
Howard returns, Rockets beat Pelicans 95-93
- James Harden had 25 points and 10 assists, Dwight Howard had seven rebounds and a block on Anthony Davis in his return from a two-month absence, and the Houston Rockets handed New Orleans its fourth straight loss with a 95-93 victory on Wednesday night.
NFL suspending TV blackouts for 2015 season
- The NFL will not block any games from local television during the 2015 season.
Tip Times and Commentator Teams for NCAA Men's Sweet 16
- Turner Sports and CBS Sports announce tip times, match-ups and commentator teams for its exclusive coverage of the 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Regional Semifinals on Thursday, March 26 and Friday, March 27
Baylor to 7th Sweet 16 in row after 73-44 win over Arkansas
- Nina Davis scored 21 points, Niya Johnson had 12 assists to tie Baylor's career record and the Lady Bears are headed to the NCAA Sweet 16 for the seventh year in a row after a 73-44 win over Arkansas on Sunday.
Two-time MVP Steve Nash announces retirement from NBA
- Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Nash has announced his retirement after a 19-year NBA career that included two MVP awards.
No. 1 Kentucky hammers No. 16 seed Hampton 79-56
- Karl-Anthony Towns bounced back from a mini-slump with 21 points and 11 rebounds, Andrew Harrison added 14 points and No. 1 Kentucky rolled to a 79-56 win over 16th-seeded Hampton Thursday night in its NCAA Tournament opener.
Goodwin, Morris hit big shots, Suns beat Mavs 98-92
- Archie Goodwin sank the go-ahead 3-pointer, Markieff Morris added a critical jumper in the final 30 seconds and the Phoenix Suns pulled out a 98-92 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday night.
Utah holds off Stephen F. Austin 57-50 in Portland
- Jakob Poeltl had 18 points and eight rebounds, and fifth-seeded Utah opened its first NCAA Tournament appearance in five years by holding off Stephen F. Austin for a 57-50 victory on Thursday night.
Butler uses late surge to put away Texas 56-48
- Kellen Dunham scored 20 points, including a pivotal 3-pointer with 1:18 to play, to lift sixth-seeded Butler to a 56-48 victory over 11th-seeded Texas in the NCAA Tournament on Thursday.
More National Sports Headlines