National Sports Headlines
Tarpinian released by Texans on deadline to cut roster to 75
- The Houston Texans have cut 11 players, including linebacker Jeff Tarpinian, and placed rookie linebacker Reshard Cliett on injured reserve on the deadline to reduce rosters to 75 players.
Keuchel's solid start helps Astros over Mariners 8-3
- Dallas Keuchel allowed one run and struck out eight in seven innings to become the American League's first 16-game winner and lead the Houston Astros to 8-3 win over the Seattle Mariners on Monday night.
Arrieta pitches no-hitter for Cubs in 2-0 win over Dodgers
- Jake Arrieta pitched the sixth no-hitter in the majors this season and second against the Los Angeles Dodgers in 10 days, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 2-0 victory Sunday night.
Santana sharp at home in Twins' win over Astros
- Ervin Santana struck out 10 to earn his first home win, Eduardo Nunez and Miguel Sano homered, and the Minnesota Twins survived a ninth-inning rally to beat the Houston Astros 7-5 on Sunday.
Krajicek to Compete at US Open
- Former Texas A&M men's tennis All-American Austin Krajicek is set to compete in both the singles and doubles draw at the US Open Championship held at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, New York starting Monday morning .
Holland Ks 11 for Texas in 6-0 win over O's for 3-game sweep
- Derek Holland struck out every Baltimore batter while throwing a three-hitter for his eighth career shutout, leading the Texas Rangers over the Orioles 6-0 Sunday to complete a three-game sweep.
Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13
- Brian Hoyer led scoring drives on two of his first three series since being named Houston's starting quarterback, and the Texans went on to a 27-13 preseason victory over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
Wilson's RBI fuels Rangers in 4-3 win over Orioles
- Bobby Wilson lined a tie-breaking single with two out in the sixth inning, and Adrian Beltre hit his 13th home run as the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 4-3 on Saturday night.
Astros' Fiers follows no-no with another win, 4-1 over Twins
- Mike Fiers followed his no-hitter with another stellar start for Houston, pitching into the seventh inning with three hits allowed for the first-place Astros in a 4-1 victory Saturday over the Minnesota Twins.
Bridgewater perfect for Vikings, Romo solid for Cowboys
- Tony Romo threw two touchdown passes even as Dez Bryant again sat out for the Dallas Cowboys, who lost 28-14 to the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday night.
Astros place catcher Jason Castro on DL with quad strain
- The Houston Astros have put catcher Jason Castro on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right quadriceps muscle.
Bae tied for lead at Barclays; Aggie Palmer Two Strokes Back
- Bae Sang-moon is making the most of his final weeks before he starts mandatory military service in South Korea.
Houston Texans Stampede Tour Headed to College Station August 30
- The Houston Texans Stampede Tour presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors will visit the College Station area on Aug. 30, the team announced today.
Gallardo wins 100th, Rangers end Toronto's 5-game win streak
- Yovani Gallardo earned his 100th career victory, Delino DeShields had a part in all the Texas runs even without an RBI and the Rangers stopped the Toronto Blue Jays' five-game winning streak, 4-1 Thursday.
Cowboys break camp early but in keeping with routine
- The Cowboys have broken camp in California, technically a day early but in keeping with their routine for preseason games this year.
More National Sports Headlines