National Sports Headlines
Lillard scores 43 as Blazers beat Spurs in 3 OT
- Damian Lillard had a career-high 43 points, including 16 after regulation, and the Portland Trail Blazers handed the San Antonio Spurs their second straight defeat in triple overtime, rallying for a 129-119 victory Friday night.
Davis scores 30, leads New Orleans over Houston
- Anthony Davis had 30 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks to lead the New Orleans Pelicans to a 99-90 win over the Houston Rockets on Thursday night.
Grizzlies outlast Spurs 117-116 in 3 overtimes
- Marc Gasol scored 26 points, including a banked-in 3-pointer as regulation expired, and the Memphis Grizzlies overcame blowing a 23-point lead for a 117-116 triple-overtime victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night.
Parsons scores 32, Mavs beat Pistons 117-106
- Chandler Parsons scored a season-high 32 points and Monta Ellis added 25 as the Dallas Mavericks beat the Detroit Pistons 117-106 Wednesday night.
Newton Returns To Panthers Practice
- Just eight days after being involved in a vehicular accident, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was back at practice today. He took part in all of the team drills and did some throwing.
Former Browns QB Kosar Rips Cleveland Front Office For Starting Manziel
- Bernie Kosar, the Browns' best quarterback in the past 30 years, says the team's front office lacks vision and switching to rookie Johnny Manziel "is a recipe for disaster."
Mavs rout Knicks in Chandler's return to MSG
- Tyson Chandler had three dunks during Dallas' sizzling start to his return to New York, and Dirk Nowitzki scored 16 points to help the Mavericks beat the Knicks 107-87 on Tuesday night.
Houston hires Ohio State's Herman to be head coach
- A person familiar with the situation tells The Associated Press that Houston is negotiating with Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman to be its new head coach.
Texans scramble for QB for Ravens game
- The Texans are scrambling for a quarterback. Coach Bill O'Brien confirmed Monday that Ryan Fitzpatrick suffered a broken leg in Sunday's loss to the Colts and will miss the rest of the season. He also said backup Tom Savage suffered an undisclosed injury of his own and will miss at least this Sunday's game against Baltimore.
Browns' Manziel Humbled by Horrid Debut
- Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel says his disastrous debut as a starter against Cincinnati was "very humbling."
Cowboys DeMarco Murray Has Broken Hand, Needs Surgery
- Vice President Stephen Jones says it is "probably a tough expectation" that he would play Sunday against Indianapolis.
Astros Agree to terms with Jed Lowrie
- The Houston Astros have agreed to terms on a three-year contract with free agent shortstop/infielder Jed Lowrie, General Manager Jeff Luhnow announced today. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Bryant has 3 TD catches, Cowboys beat Eagles 38-27
- Dez Bryant caught a career-best three touchdown catches from Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys rallied to beat the Philadelphia Eagles 38-27 on Sunday night after wasting a 21-0 lead.
Spurs bounce back for 99-91 win over Nuggets
- Kawhi Leonard scored 18 points and the San Antonio beat the banged-up Denver Nuggets 99-91 on Sunday night.
Bengals rough up Manziel, Browns in 30-0 blowout
- Johnny Manziel spent his first NFL start being chased and taunted by Cincinnati defenders as the Bengals rudely welcomed the hyped rookie quarterback to the league with a 30-0 demolition of the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
More National Sports Headlines