National Sports Headlines
Spurs top LeBron again, 92-90
- Tim Duncan and Boris Diaw scored 19 points apiece and the San Antonio Spurs beat Cleveland for the 10th straight time - and got the best of LeBron James again - with a 92-90 win over the Cavaliers on Wednesday night.
Alabama rolls to No. 1 in playoff rankings
- Alabama is the new No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings and Mississippi State is still in the top four after losing to the Crimson Tide.
Bonner scores 18, Spurs beat 76ers 100-75
- Matt Bonner had 18 points and the San Antonio Spurs Big Three got some rest, handing the Philadelphia 76ers a 100-75 loss - their 10 straight loss to open the season - on Monday night.
Mavericks cruise past Hornets 107-80
- Monta Ellis scored 18 points, Chandler Parsons had 17 and the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Charlotte Hornets 107-80 on Monday night for their fourth straight victory.
Conley scores 19 as Grizzlies rout Rockets 119-93
- Mike Conley scored 19 points and the Memphis Grizzlies easily defeated the Houston Rockets 119-93 on Monday night in a matchup of the teams with the NBA's best records.
Harden leads Rockets past Thunder
- James Harden scored 19 points, and the Houston Rockets beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 69-65 on Sunday night for their third consecutive victory.
Evans' 209 yards lead Bucs past Redskins 27-7
- Mike Evans was too big. Too deceptively quick. When the Washington Redskins had a linebacker trail him down the middle of the field in the fourth quarter, it was the biggest no-contest in a game that turned into, well, a no-contest.
Watt dominates as Texans down Browns 23-7
- J.J. Watt caught a 2-yard touchdown pass from Ryan Mallett, dominated on defense and the Houston Texans climbed back to .500 with a 23-7 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
Gordon sets rush record, Wisconsin routs Nebraska
- Melvin Gordon rushed for a major college-record 408 yards and four touchdowns and No. 22 Wisconsin overcame three early turnovers to take control of the Big Ten West division with a 59-24 win Saturday over No. 11 Nebraska.
Texans' Arian Foster out against Browns
- Houston running back Arian Foster will miss Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns with a groin injury.
Harden's late shot lifts Rockets past 76ers, 88-87
- James Harden scored 35 points, including an off-balance layup with 9 seconds left, to lead the Houston Rockets to an 88-87 victory over the winless Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night.
Deng scores 30, Heat roll over Mavs 105-96
- Luol Deng scored a season-high 30 points, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade added 20 apiece and the Miami Heat stayed perfect against Dallas since the 2011 NBA Finals with a 105-96 victory over the Mavericks on Sunday night.
Romo returns, Cowboys beat Jaguars 31-17 in London
- Tony Romo returned from injury and helped the Dallas Cowboys snap a two-game losing streak, throwing three touchdowns passes Sunday in a 31-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Davis hits game-winner, Pelicans beat Spurs 100-99
- Anthony Davis had the game-winning basket, finished with 27 points and 11 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans held on for a 100-99 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday night.
Texans coach says thieves took 3 Super Bowl rings
- Police are investigating a break in at the home of Texans linebackers coach Mike Vrabel, who says that someone took his three Super Bowl rings he won as a player.
More National Sports Headlines