National Sports Headlines
Darlington Raceway gets Labor Day back in 2015
- Darlington Raceway will return to its traditional Labor Day weekend date next season in one of the few significant changes to NASCAR's 2015 Sprint Cup Series schedule.
SMU adds Kevlar-fortified liners to helmets
- SMU has added Kevlar-fortified liners designed to lower the risk of concussions to the inside of its football helmets.
Browns Considering Two-QB System To Utilize Manziel
- Cleveland Browns safety Donte Whitner has seen the two-quarterback system work in the NFL.
With Johnny Manziel serving as the backup quarterback for the Browns, coach Mike Pettine has hinted at developing an offensive package for him. The idea is not unlike what the San Francisco 49ers did in 2012 with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick.
Latest Astrodome proposal: massive indoor park
- The newest proposal for repurposing the Houston Astrodome and saving it from demolition envisions turning the now-empty stadium into the world's largest indoor park.
Cowboys' Spencer will start year on active roster
- Dallas defensive end Anthony Spencer's recovery from microfracture surgery on his left knee is coming along well enough for him to start the season on the active roster.
Carter's HR in 8th leads Astros over A's 4-2
- Chris Carter hit his 32nd homer, a three-run drive in the eighth inning that lifted the Houston Astros over the Oakland Athletics 4-2 on Tuesday night.
Samardzija pitches A's to 8-2 win over Astros
- Jeff Samardzija pitched eight solid innings and Josh Donaldson drove in three runs to lead the Oakland Athletics over the Houston Astros 8-2 Monday night.
Bauer pitches Indians past Astros
- Trevor Bauer took a shutout into the seventh and won for the first time since July 18, leading the Cleveland Indians to a 3-1 victory over the Houston Astros on Sunday.
Rangers avoid sweep with 3-1 win over Royals
- Scott Baker won as a starter for the first time in more than three years and the Texas Rangers beat the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals 3-1 on Sunday to avoid a series sweep.
Bradford hurts knee in Rams' 33-14 win over Browns
- St. Louis quarterback Sam Bradford reinjured the left knee he had surgery on last season and the Rams had four other starters hurt in a 33-14 win over the Cleveland Browns on Saturday night.
Logano edged Keselowski for first win at Bristol
- Joey Logano surged past Matt Kenseth with 44 laps to go and won for the first time in his career at Bristol Motor Speedway, foiling Kenseth's gambling attempt to secure a spot in NASCAR's playoffs.
Singleton, Astros defeat sloppy Indians
- Jon Singleton's homer capped a four-run ninth inning and the Houston Astros took advantage of Cleveland's sloppy defense to defeat the Indians 5-1 on Friday night.
Texans come back to beat Broncos 18-17
- Peyton Manning and Emmanuel Sanders found their rhythm after an early miscue, connecting for two long touchdowns in the final 67 seconds of the first half of the Denver Broncos' 18-17 preseason loss to the Houston Texans on Saturday night.
Mike Evans Scores 1st NFL TD; Buccaneers beat slow-starting Bills 27-14
- Josh McCown directed two first-half touchdown drives, and defensive tackle Clinton McDonald returned a fumble for a score in Tampa Bay's 27-14 preseason win over the slow-starting Buffalo Bills on Saturday.
Romo, Tannehill ready for dress rehearsals
- Tony Romo and Ryan Tannehill both say they're ready for the start of the regular season.
More National Sports Headlines