National Sports Headlines
Eagles roll over Cowboys 33-10 for NFC East lead
Posted: 8:30 PM
- LeSean McCoy ran for 159 yards a touchdown, Mark Sanchez had his first scoring run in almost three years and the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Dallas Cowboys 33-10 in a Thanksgiving battle of NFC East co-leaders Thursday.
Johnson shines in Detroit's 34-17 win over Chicago
Posted: 8:32 PM
- Calvin Johnson caught 11 passes for 146 yards with a pair of first-half touchdowns, and the Detroit Lions boosted their postseason hopes with a 34-17 victory over the Chicago Bears on Thursday.
Harden leads Rockets past Kings 102-89
- James Harden scored 26 points to lead the Houston Rockets to a 102-89 win over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night.
Chandler rules old team as Mavs top Knicks 109-102
- Tyson Chandler set season highs with 17 points and 25 rebounds against his former team Wednesday night, helping the Dallas Mavericks to a 109-102 overtime victory against the New York Knicks, who were missing Carmelo Anthony.
Spurs beat Pacers 106-100 without Popovich
- Manu Ginobili had 28 points and the San Antonio Spurs won without coach Gregg Popovich, rallying for a 106-100 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night.
Bama, FSU, Oregon, Miss St keep playoff rankings
- The top four teams in the College Football Playoff rankings are unchanged - Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Mississippi State - heading into a weekend when just about all the contenders are facing challenging rivals.
Astros Biggio, Bagwell Have Hall Of Fame Credentials
- 2015 Ballot Officially Announced Today by the BBWAA; Biggio Fell Just Two Votes Shy of Induction in 2014
Browns aware of reported Manziel fight
- The Browns say they are aware of an "incident" reportedly involving rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel and a fight at a downtown hotel where he lives.
Houston's Mallett's status unclear for Sunday
- Houston quarterback Ryan Mallett is being evaluated for an undisclosed injury and coach Bill O'Brien says they'll know more about his status later this week.
Spurs top LeBron again, 92-90
- Tim Duncan and Boris Diaw scored 19 points apiece and the San Antonio Spurs beat Cleveland for the 10th straight time - and got the best of LeBron James again - with a 92-90 win over the Cavaliers on Wednesday night.
Alabama rolls to No. 1 in playoff rankings
- Alabama is the new No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings and Mississippi State is still in the top four after losing to the Crimson Tide.
Bonner scores 18, Spurs beat 76ers 100-75
- Matt Bonner had 18 points and the San Antonio Spurs Big Three got some rest, handing the Philadelphia 76ers a 100-75 loss - their 10 straight loss to open the season - on Monday night.
Mavericks cruise past Hornets 107-80
- Monta Ellis scored 18 points, Chandler Parsons had 17 and the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Charlotte Hornets 107-80 on Monday night for their fourth straight victory.
Conley scores 19 as Grizzlies rout Rockets 119-93
- Mike Conley scored 19 points and the Memphis Grizzlies easily defeated the Houston Rockets 119-93 on Monday night in a matchup of the teams with the NBA's best records.
Harden leads Rockets past Thunder
- James Harden scored 19 points, and the Houston Rockets beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 69-65 on Sunday night for their third consecutive victory.
More National Sports Headlines