National Sports Headlines
Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- Leonys Martin ended a scoreless duel with an RBI single in the ninth inning, and the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 2-0 Thursday night behind a dominant pitching performance by Yovani Gallardo and three relievers.
Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been suspended for the first four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Astros Rally To Sweep Royals With 6-5 Win
- Jose Altuve had three hits and scored the tiebreaking run in the seventh inning to help the Houston Astros complete a three-game sweep of a the Kansas City Royals with a 6-5 win on Wednesday night.
Bucks give A&M's Middleton 5 years, $70 million
- A person with direct knowledge of the negotiations tells The Associated Press that the Milwaukee Bucks have reached agreement with restricted free agent Khris Middleton on a five-year, $70 million contract.
Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- Laura Bassett scored into her own net during second-half stoppage time, giving Japan a 2-1 victory over England in a Women's World Cup semifinal.
Orioles hit 2 HRs to back Chen in 4-2 victory over Rangers
- J.J. Hardy hit a tiebreaking two-run homer in the seventh inning to back an effective pitching performance by Wei-Yin Chen and carry the Baltimore Orioles past the Texas Rangers 4-2 on Wednesday night.
Keuchel dominate again to help Astros shut out Royals 4-0
- Dallas Keuchel allowed seven hits in eight innings to lead the Houston Astros a 4-0 win over the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday night.
Moreland hits 2 HRs to lead Rangers past Orioles 8-6
- Mitch Moreland hit two home runs in a second straight game, and the Texas Rangers celebrated the return of Josh Hamilton by defeating the Baltimore Orioles 8-6 on Tuesday night.
US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Carli Lloyd buried a penalty kick, Hope Solo got another shutout and the United States beat top-ranked Germany 2-0 on Tuesday night to advance to the title match at the Women's World Cup.
Josh Hamilton activated from DL by Rangers, Gallo to minors
- Josh Hamilton has been activated from the 15-day disabled list by the Texas Rangers, who placed the outfielder in the starting lineup for Tuesday night's game against the Orioles.
Altuve helps Astros to 6-1 win over Royals
- Chris Carter and Jose Altuve homered to back a solid start by rookie Lance McCullers, and the Houston Astros beat the Kansas City Royals 6-1 on Monday night.
Mitch Moreland hits 2 homers as Rangers beat Orioles 8-1
- Mitch Moreland hit two of the Rangers' four home runs off Bud Norris, and Texas got another winning effort on the road from left-hander Wandy Rodriguez in an 8-1 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night.
Aggie Jeff Maggert wins US Senior Open for 2nd senior major title
- Jeff Maggert won the U.S. Senior Open on Sunday for his second major victory on the Champions Tour this year.
Teixeira's double helps Yankees over Astros 9-6
- Brian McCann hit a grand slam and Chris Young homered to give New York an early lead, and Mark Teixeira had a tiebreaking two-run double in the eighth after the Yankees squandered that cushion in a 9-6 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday.
Maggert, Langer share lead after 3rd round of US Senior Open
- Bernhard Langer and Jeff Maggert shared the lead over a bunched field heading into the final round of the U.S. Senior Open.
More National Sports Headlines