National Sports Headlines
Gray wins 6th straight, A's 4 HRs beat Texas
- Sonny Gray won his sixth straight decision, helped when the Oakland Athletics hit four home runs in a six-batter span to beat the Texas Rangers 5-1 Saturday night.
Stanton, Valdespin power Marlins over Astros 7-3
- Giancarlo Stanton hit a three-run double, and Jordany Valdespin added a two-run home run to power the Miami Marlins to a 7-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Saturday night.
QB McCown likes the way Bucs are coming together
- Josh McCown expects the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to be better this season. He's just reluctant to speculate how much.
Falcons want big improvement from guys up front
- Through the first two days of training camp, the Atlanta Falcons look just fine along the offensive line.
Lynch's absence means opportunities in Seattle
- The absence of Marshawn Lynch from Seattle Seahawks training camp means opportunity for Robert Turbin and Christine Michael.
Opening-Round Groupings and Starting Times Announced for 39th Junior PGA Championship
- The PGA of America has announced the groupings and starting times for the opening round of the 39th Junior PGA Championship presented by Under Armour and Genesis Networks, July 29 – Aug. 1, at Miramont Country Club in Bryan, Texas.
Top pick Clowney on field as Houston opens camp
- Jadeveon Clowney was on the field with the Houston Texans as they opened camp on Saturday.
Browns' Manziel: "I've made rookie mistakes"
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel says he "made some rookie" mistakes during the offseason and vowed to be focused on just football in the future.
Houston WR Andre Johnson reports to camp
- Andre Johnson is back with the Houston Texans, saying he reported to camp simply because he loves the game.
Cowboys' Romo happy to spend hours nursing back
- Tony Romo paused to add up how long it would take to coddle his surgically repaired back on the first day of training camp.
Moss powers A's past Astros
- Brandon Moss hit a grand slam and the Oakland Athletics gave Jeff Samardzija more run support Thursday than he has had all season in a 13-1 victory over the Houston Astros.
Knoblauch charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Former baseball star Chuck Knoblauch has been charged with misdemeanor assault after authorities in Houston say he hit and pushed his ex-wife.
McCarthy, Yankees top Texas for 6th win in 7 games
- Brandon McCarthy threw six more solid innings, fellow newcomer Chase Headley delivered another timely hit and the New York Yankees beat the Texas Rangers 4-2 Thursday for their sixth win in seven games.
Cespedes hits 2 HRs, A's hold off Astros 9-7
- Yoenis Cespedes homered twice and tied a career high with five RBIs before leaving with an apparent right thumb injury, and the Oakland Athletics held off the Houston Astros 9-7 on Wednesday night.
Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from Rangers
- The first-place Detroit Tigers have reinforced the back end of their shaky bullpen, acquiring closer Joakim Soria from the Texas Rangers for minor league pitchers Jake Thompson and Corey Knebel.
More National Sports Headlines
SEC Preview: LSU Tigers
The LSU Tigers are going for their fifth straight season with at least ten wins in 2014, but after losing a number of key players on offense and defense, double-digits might be a challenge.
Jaso has 3 RBIs as A's beat Rangers 9-3
John Jaso drove in three runs, helping Scott Kazmir and the Oakland Athletics beat the Texas Rangers 9-3 Sunday night.
Jones and Ozuna lead Marlins over Astros 4-2
Garrett Jones and Marcell Ozuna homered to lead the Miami Marlins over the Houston Astros 4-2 Sunday and complete a three game sweep.
39th Junior PGA Championship Set to Begin Tuesday at Miramont
The 39th Junior PGA Championship presented by Under Armour and Genesis Networks, one of the nation’s premier events in junior golf, is making its first visit to the state of Texas, as an elite field of 156 junior golfers have descended on Miramont Country Club in Bryan, Texas.