National Sports Headlines
Tannehill says he regrets disparaging 2 teammates
Posted: 12:43 PM
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill says he became frustrated during a recent practice and regrets that he disparaged two teammates.
Keuchel, Astros beat Yankees in AL wild-card game
- Dallas Keuchel pitched three-hit ball for six baffling innings, Colby Rasmus and Carlos Gomez each homered, and the Houston Astros beat the New York Yankees 3-0 Tuesday night in the American League wild-card game.
Hardy returns from 4-game suspension, says focus on football
- Greg Hardy has returned from a four-game suspension over his role in a domestic violence case, and the Dallas defensive end is making it clear that his focus is on football.
CF Gomez in Astros' lineup for wild-card game vs Yanks
- Center fielder Carlos Gomez is in the Houston Astros' starting lineup for the AL wild-card game against the New York Yankees.
Astros 2015 AL Wild Card Game Notes vs Yankees
- This marks the Astros 10th postseason appearance, their 3rd as a Wild Card participant and their 1st since moving to the American League for the 2013 season...the Astros last made the postseason in 2005, advancing to the World Series as a Wild Card participant.
Gallardo, Hamels set to start for Rangers in ALDS Games 1-2
- Yovani Gallardo will start for the Texas Rangers in their ALDS opener Thursday, and ace lefty Cole Hamels will pitch for the AL West champions in the second game at Toronto.
Gomez on roster for Astros in wild-card game
- Center fielder Carlos Gomez, who missed the final regular-season series with a strained left chest muscle, is on the roster for Houston's AL wild-card game against the New York Yankees.
QB Ryan Mallett to start for Texans against Colts
- The Houston Texans are sticking with Ryan Mallett as their starting quarterback despite his recent struggles.
Cowboys RB Dunbar out for season with left knee injury
- Dallas running back Lance Dunbar will miss the rest of the season with what appears to be a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, the latest major injury for an offense already missing stars Tony Romo and Dez Bryant.
Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin; Aggie Dan Campbell named interim head coach
- Joe Philbin has been fired four games into his fourth season as coach of the Miami Dolphins, and one day after a flop on an international stage that helped to seal his fate.
Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates
- The baseball playoffs are set to open Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium when 20-game winner Dallas Keuchel starts for the Houston Astros against New York ace Masahiro Tanaka in the AL wild-card game.
Brees' 400th TD pass lifts Saints over Cowboys, 26-20 in OT
- Drew Brees hit C.J. Spiller with a short pass that the running back turned into an 80-yard touchdown - the 400th of the Saints quarterback's career - on the second play of overtime, and New Orleans won for the first time this season, 26-20 over the injury-decimated Cowboys on Monday night.
Rangers win AL West on final day; Angels' loss puts Astros in playoffs
- Cole Hamels and the Texas Rangers finally clinched the AL West title on the last day of the regular season.
Astros Clinch AL Wild Card Berth
- First Postseason App. in 10 Years; Will Face Yankees on Tuesday in New York
Rangers dismiss staffer for tweeting 'Fire Charlie'
- The Rangers have dismissed a social media staffer who accidentally tweeted on the team's official account that Texas football coach Charlie Strong should be fired.
More National Sports Headlines