National Sports Headlines
Manning, Sanders lead Broncos past Chargers 35-21
- Emmanuel Sanders waited six long weeks to join the list of players who have caught a touchdown pass from Peyton Manning. Now, he has four in less than a week.
Gruden: Redskins still planning to start McCoy
- Colt McCoy remains on pace to start for the Washington Redskins on Monday night against the Dallas Cowboys, although Jay Gruden says he won't make a decision on Robert Griffin III until shortly before kickoff.
Top pick Clowney expects to play Sunday vs Titans
- Top overall pick Jadeveon Clowney says expects to play for the Houston Texans on Sunday against Tennessee.
Titans: Rookie Zach Mettenberger will start at QB
- The Tennessee Titans will start rookie Zach Mettenberger at quarterback against the Houston Texans on Sunday, switching away from Jake Locker who has missed three of the past four games with injuries.
Royals beats Giants 7-2, even World Series 1-all
- Billy Butler hit a tiebreaking single, Salvador Perez and Omar Infante drove in two runs each with big hits in a five-run sixth inning, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-2 Wednesday night to even the World Series at one game apiece.
Bumgarner, Pence lead Giants over Royals 7-1
- Madison Bumganer took a two-hit shutout into the seventh inning, Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer off James Shields in a three-run first and the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 7-1 in Tuesday night's World Series opener.
Steelers rally past stunned Texans 30-23
- Ben Roethlisberger passed for two touchdowns and wide receiver Antonio Brown added another on a gadget play during a dizzying stretch late in the first half, helping the Pittsburgh Steelers rally for a 30-23 win over the mistake-prone Houston Texans on Monday night.
Cowboys release Michael Sam from practice squad
- The Dallas Cowboys have released Michael Sam from the practice squad, another setback as the NFL's first openly gay player tries to make an active roster during the regular season for the first time.
Clowney sits again as Texans visit Steelers
- Rookie linebacker Jadeveon Clowney will miss his sixth straight game on Monday night when the Houston Texans play the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Garrett shuns contract talk with hot Dallas start
- Dallas coach Jason Garrett says he isn't thinking about a contract extension with the Cowboys off to their best start since 2007.
Prairie View beats MVSU 52-19
- Jerry Lovelocke threw three touchdowns in Prairie View's 52-19 rout of Mississippi Valley State on Saturday.
Dolphins QB Tannehill probable against Bears
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill is probable for Sunday's game at Chicago because of an ankle injury that briefly limited him in practice this week.
Clowney back at practice, hopes to play Monday
- No. 1 overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney has returned to practice and hopes to play on Monday night when Houston meets the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Brady threw 3 TD passes, Patriots beat Jets 27-25
- Tom Brady threw three touchdown passes and the New England Patriots held off the New York Jets 27-25 when Nick Folk's 58-yard field goal attempt was blocked on the last play Thursday night.
Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series
- Travis Ishikawa hit a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth inning, sending the San Francisco Giants to the World Series with a 6-3 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday night.
More National Sports Headlines