National Sports Headlines
Warriors dominate Rockets in Houston; take 3-0 series lead
- Stephen Curry scored 40 points and the Golden State Warriors made it look easy, beating the Houston Rockets 115-80 on Saturday night to take a 3-0 lead in the Western Conference finals.
Astros turn 1st triple play since 2004, beat Tigers
- Lance McCullers got Ian Kinsler to ground into a triple play in the fifth inning, and the Houston right-hander went on to earn his first career victory Saturday, leading the Astros over the Detroit Tigers 3-2.
Rangers ride 10-run 3rd inning in 15-4 rout of Yankees
- Shin-Soo Choo hit a go-ahead single and a three-run homer in a 10-run third inning that chased CC Sabathia from his shortest start in six years, and the Texas Rangers routed the reeling Yankees 15-4 Saturday to send New York to its ninth loss in 10 games.
Rockets Have A Chance In Game Two But Don't Shoot Late As Golden State Prevails 99-98
- Stephen Curry scored 33 points to turn back another spectacular performance by James Harden, and the Golden State Warriors held off the Houston Rockets 99-98 on Thursday night to take a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference finals.
Closing birdie for Spieth to share Colonial 1st-round lead
- Masters champion Jordan Spieth made a 20-foot birdie putt on the final hole with darkness falling Thursday, grabbing a share of the first-round lead in the rain-delayed Colonial.
McCann hits leadoff HR in 11th, sends Tigers over Astros
- James McCann hit a leadoff home run in the bottom of the 11th inning Thursday, lifting the Detroit Tigers over the Houston Astros 6-5 Thursday.
Klein wins 1st major league start, Rangers top Red Sox 2-1
- Phil Klein allowed one run in his first major league start, Robinson Chirinos hit a solo homer and the Texas Rangers beat the Boston Red Sox 2-1 on Wednesday night.
Klein recalled, faces Red Sox in 1st major league start
- The Texas Rangers have recalled right-hander Phil Klein and given him his first major league start. Klein was called up Wednesday from Triple-A Round Rock and pitched against the Boston Red Sox. Texas designated for assignment outfielder Carlos Peguero and sent right-hander Stolmy Pimentel to Round Rock.
Keuchel solid again to help Astros over A's 6-1
- Evan Gattis hit a two-run homer to help Dallas Keuchel earn his eighth straight win, and the Houston Astros kept rolling with a 6-1 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday.
Cowboys sign second-round pick Randy Gregory
- The Cowboys have signed Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory, who was projected as a high draft pick but slid to near the end of the second round because of issues off the field.
Warriors rally past Rockets 110-106 in Game 1 of West finals
- Stephen Curry hit two free throws in the final seconds to finish with 34 points, and the Golden State Warriors rallied from 16 points down in the second quarter to beat the Houston Rockets 110-106 on Tuesday night in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.
Ortiz, Napoli homer as Red Sox top Rangers 4-3
- David Ortiz and Mike Napoli each homered and drove in two runs, Wade Miley pitched seven strong innings and the Boston Red Sox beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 on Tuesday night.
Wacha Gets Sixth Win as Cardinals Beat Mets
- Randal Grichuk had three extra base hits and drove in three runs a night after striking out five times, Mark Reynolds homered among his three hits and the St. Louis Cardinals teed off on Mets starter Jonathon Niese for a 10-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night.
NFL to change extra-point kicks to longer distance
- The NFL is moving back extra-point kicks and allowing defenses to score on 2-point conversion turnovers.
Rockets and Warriors Tip-Off Western Conference Finals Tonight
- The MVP race was decided weeks ago. Newly crowned Stephen Curry and runner-up James Harden insist there's a bigger prize they've wanted all along.
More National Sports Headlines