National Sports Headlines
Vogt, unusually wild Gray carry A's past Rangers 7-1
- Stephen Vogt homered twice, Sonny Gray took a shutout into the seventh inning while mixing 10 strikeouts with a career-high seven walks, and the Oakland A's beat the Texas Rangers 7-1 Sunday.
Warriors star Stephen Curry to be named NBA MVP
- A person familiar with the decision says Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry has won the NBA's Most Valuable Player award.
Astros win 10th in row, Gattis homers twice to beat Mariners
- Evan Gattis homered twice and the Houston Astros won their 10th straight game, boosting the best record in the American League by beating the Seattle Mariners 7-6 Sunday.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruises to 1st Talladega win since 2004
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruised to his first win of the season at an old familiar place that has always been good to his family.
Paul lifts Clippers past Spurs, 111-109 in Game 7
- Chris Paul banked in a shot over Tim Duncan with a second left to lift the Los Angeles Clippers to a 111-109 victory over the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs in Game 7 on Saturday night for a wild finish to an entertaining first-round series.
Astros hit 3 HRs to beat Mariners 4-3 for 8th straight win
- Evan Gattis, Jake Marisnick and George Springer all homered to lead the Houston Astros to a 4-3 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night.
Astros win 9th in row, McHugh gets HR help to beat Mariners
- The surprising Houston Astros matched their longest winning streak in nine years by posting their ninth straight victory Saturday night, 11-4 over the Seattle Mariners behind Collin McHugh and a lot of home-run support.
Texans add 2 players on offense, 2 on defense as draft wraps
- The Houston Texans added two players on offense and two on defense on the last day of the NFL draft on Saturday.
No bluffing: Cowboys stick with defense as draft nears close
- The Cowboys kept the focus on defense on the final day of the draft.
Cowboys get tackle Chaz Green from Florida in 3rd round
- The Cowboys have taken tackle Chaz Green of Florida with the 91st overall pick in the draft.
Texans draft WR Strong in third round
- The Houston Texans have selected Arizona State receiver Jaelen Strong with the 70th overall pick.
Texans select LB Bernardrick McKinney in second round
- The Houston Texans have selected Mississippi State linebacker Benardrick McKinney with the 43rd overall pick in the NFL draft.
Cowboys grab sliding pass rusher Randy Gregory in 2nd round
- The Cowboys have taken Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory with the 60th overall pick in the draft.
Astros Post Best April Record Since 1986
- Month highlighted by historic road trip, current 7-game win streak
Altuve's RBI single in 10th lifts Astros past Mariners
- Jose Altuve's RBI single in the 10th inning lifted the Houston Astros to their seventh straight victory, 3-2 over the Seattle Mariners on Thursday night.
More National Sports Headlines