IRVING, Texas (AP) - Dallas defensive end Anthony Spencer is likely to play a second straight season under a one-year contract after talks with the Cowboys failed to produce a long-term deal.
Spencer's agent, Jordan Woy, said Tuesday that both sides are happy even without a deal. Spencer said earlier this month he wasn't worried about his contract situation. He can't sign a multiyear deal after July 15.
The 29-year-old Spencer signed a $10.6 million tender in March after Dallas put the franchise tag on him for the second year in a row. Spencer made $8.8 million in 2012, when he led the Cowboys with a career-high 106 tackles and had his first double-digit sack season with 11.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.