National Sports Headlines
Dallas Cowboys still have questions on defense
- Coach Jason Garrett is still having to answer questions about the Dallas Cowboys defense.
Jennings rushes for 176 yards, Giants beat Texans
- Rashad Jennings ran for a career-high 176 yards and a touchdown and Eli Manning threw two TD passes as the New York Giants overcame some early mistakes and beat the suddenly error-prone Houston Texans 30-17 on Sunday.
Cowboys erase 21-point deficit, beat Rams 34-31
- Terrance Williams scored the go-ahead touchdown late in the fourth quarter, and Bruce Carter returned an interception 25 yards for a TD on the next snap, capping the Dallas Cowboys' comeback from a 21-0 deficit to stun the St. Louis Rams 34-31 on Sunday.
Manziel fools Ravens with trick play
- Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel fooled Baltimore's defense with a trick play, but had his big gain called back by a penalty.
Florida State Suspends Jamieis Winston For Entire Game
- Winston was originally suspended for just the first half after making "offensive and vulgar" comments about female anatomy on campus Tuesday. Stokes and Wilcox announced the extended punishment late Friday night.
Cowboys linebacker McClain doubtful for Sunday
- The Dallas Cowboys will likely be without middle linebacker and leading tackler Rolando McClain for Sunday's game at St. Louis.
Athletics out of top wild-card spot, Texas sweeps
- Sonny Gray and the Oakland Athletics kept sliding, falling out of the top AL wild-card spot with a 7-2 loss to Texas on Thursday that gave the Rangers a three-game sweep.
Falcons romp to 56-14 win over hapless Buccaneers
- Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and high-stepping Devin Hester led the Atlanta Falcons to one of the biggest wins in franchise history.
No. 5 Auburn holds off No. 20 K-State, 20-14
- Nick Marshall threw two touchdown passes, Auburn forced three turnovers and the fifth-ranked Tigers held on to beat mistake-prone No. 20 Kansas State 20-14 on Thursday night.
Devin Hester sets NFL record with 20th TD return
- Devin Hester has set an NFL record with his 20th return for a touchdown, breaking the mark he shared with Deion Sanders.
Ex Rangers manager apologizes for infidelity
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington says he is embarrassed for being unfaithful to his wife of 42 years. While offering no details, Washington publicly apologized to his wife and the Rangers during a 3 1/2-minute statement Thursday. It was his first public comment since abruptly resigning 13 days earlier.
Police: Cardinals RB Dwyer head-butted wife
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer head-butted his wife and broke her nose after she refused his sexual advances, and punched her in the face the next day, police said Thursday.
Texas QB, David Ash, Ends Playing Career
- Texas coach Charlie Strong says quarterback David Ash is giving up football after struggling with the effects of multiple concussions.
Carrasco Ks 12 in 2-hitter, Indians top Astros 2-0
- Carlos Carrasco threw a two-hitter with a career-high 12 strikeouts to lead the Cleveland Indians over the Houston Astros 2-0 Wednesday night.
Cardinals RB Arrested on Assault Charges
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer has been arrested on aggravated assault charges in connection with two altercations at his home in late July involving a 27-year-old woman and an 18-month-old child.
More National Sports Headlines