National Sports Headlines
Pitching-depleted Rangers get lefty Freeman from Cardinals
Posted: 2:50 PM
- The pitching-depleted Texas Rangers acquired left-hander Sam Freeman from the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday for a player to be named or cash considerations.
UConn steamrolls past Texas 105-54, reach regional final
Posted: 2:29 PM
- Breanna Stewart had 31 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists to help UConn rout Texas 105-54 Saturday in the Sweet 16, earning coach Geno Auriemma his 100th NCAA Tournament win.
Harden scores 33 as Rockets beat Wolves, clinch playoff spot
- James Harden had 33 points and eight assists as the Houston Rockets clinched a playoff spot with a 120-110 victory over the short-handed Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.
Diaw scores 19 to lead Spurs in 94-76 win over Mavericks
- Boris Diaw scored 19 points, helping the San Antonio Spurs pull away for a 94-76 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night.
Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Sune Agbuke had a career-high 23 points and Baylor advanced to the NCAA Tournament's Elite Eight for the fifth time in six years with an 81-66 win over Iowa on Friday night.
Former Vandy coach to replace Manning on playoff committee
- Archie Manning is leaving the College Football Playoff selection committee and will be replaced by former Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson.
Durant to have another surgery, will miss rest of season
- Reigning MVP Kevin Durant will have bone graft surgery next week to deal with a fractured bone in his right foot, and he will miss the rest of the season, the Oklahoma City Thunder announced Friday.
Wildcats Advance To Elite Eight With 'Cake Walk' Win Over West Virginia 78-39
- Perfect and pulverizing. Kentucky made West Virginia's press look pathetic. Trey Lyles scored 14 points, Andrew Harrison added 13 and the unbeaten Wildcats, chasing history and a ninth national title, rolled to a 78-39 victory over the Mountaineers on Thursday night in the Midwest Regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
Aggie Khris Middleton's buzzer-beater sends Bucks to 89-88 win over Heat
- Khris Middleton hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer as the Milwaukee Bucks snapped a six-game losing streak with an 89-88 comeback victory over Miami on Tuesday night in a key game for the sixth spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
Ellis has 38 points, Mavericks rally to beat Spurs 101-94
- Monta Ellis matched his season high with 38 points and the Dallas Mavericks rallied in the second half to defeat the San Antonio Spurs 101-94 on Tuesday night.
Browns Expect Manziel On Field in April
- Browns coach Mike Pettine expects quarterback Johnny Manziel to take part in the team's practices next month after leaving rehab.
James Harden's 44 help Rockets send Pacers to sixth straight loss
- James Harden found all the cracks in Indiana's defense Monday night.
Splitter, Leonard lead San Antonio's rout of Hawks
- Tiago Splitter scored a season-high 23 points, Kawhi Leonard added 20 points and the San Antonio Spurs won their third straight game with an easy 103-95 victory Sunday over the Atlanta Hawks.
Howard returns, Rockets beat Pelicans 95-93
- James Harden had 25 points and 10 assists, Dwight Howard had seven rebounds and a block on Anthony Davis in his return from a two-month absence, and the Houston Rockets handed New Orleans its fourth straight loss with a 95-93 victory on Wednesday night.
NFL suspending TV blackouts for 2015 season
- The NFL will not block any games from local television during the 2015 season.
More National Sports Headlines