National Sports Headlines
Brewer's big 4th quarter helps Rockets beat Clippers 110-105
- James Harden had 21 points, Corey Brewer scored 13 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter and the Houston Rockets snapped a six-game skid to the Los Angeles Clippers with a 110-105 win on Wednesday night.
Hawks charge past short-handed Mavericks 104-87
- The Atlanta Hawks took the lead with a 13-0 run in the third quarter and went on to a 104-87 victory Wednesday night over the Dallas Mavericks, who were without suspended guard Rajon Rondo.
AP source: Manning, Broncos talking about reworking contract
- A person with knowledge of the negotiations confirms the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning's representatives are discussing ways to revise his contract and give the team more flexibility in free agency.
Trey Burke, defense leads Jazz to 90-81 win over Spurs
- Trey Burke scored 23 points and the Utah Jazz beat San Antonio 90-81 on Monday night, extending the Spurs' losing streak to three since returning from the All-Star break.
Harden's triple-double helps Rockets over Wolves, 113-102
- James Harden had 31 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists for his second triple-double this season, leading the Houston Rockets to a 113-102 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night.
Monta Ellis leads Mavericks past Hornets, 92-81
- Monta Ellis scored 15 of his 23 points in the fourth quarter and Amare Stoudemire had 14 points in 11 minutes in his Dallas debut in the Mavericks' 92-81 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday night.
Joey Logano gives Roger Penske another Daytona 500 win
- Joey Logano, the driver who seemed washed up at 22 years old, has won his first career Daytona 500.
Harris, Aminu lead as balanced Mavs hold off Rockets 111-100
- Devin Harris scored 17 points, Al-Farouq Aminu set season highs with 17 points and 12 rebounds, and the balanced Dallas Mavericks held on to beat the Houston Rockets 111-100 Friday night.
NASCAR suspends driver Kurt Busch just before Daytona 500
- NASCAR suspended Kurt Busch on Friday, just two days before the Daytona 500, hours after a Delaware judge said the former champion committed an act of domestic violence against an ex-girlfriend and there was a "substantial likelihood" of him doing it again.
Knicks send Prigioni to Houston for Shved, 2 second-rounders
- The New York Knicks traded guard Pablo Prigioni to the Houston Rockets on Thursday for guard Alexey Shved and two second-round picks, taking another veteran off their roster.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins qualifying race for Daytona 500
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won the first of two qualifying races to set up a 1-2-3 start for Hendrick Motorsports in the Daytona 500.
Groom Named to United States U23 Squad
- Texas A&M All-American Shea Groom was one of 22 players selected to the United States U23 Women’s National Team that will travel to La Manga, Spain from February 21-March 3 for the Six Nations Tournament.
Former Trail Blazer/Spur player Jerome Kersey dies at 52
- Jerome Kersey, the small forward who played his first 11 NBA seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers and helped the San Antonio Spurs win the 1999 title, has died. He was 52.
Browns Coach: Manziel in 'Better Place' Than Before Program
- Browns coach Mike Pettine says Johnny Manziel is in a "much better place" than he was earlier this month when he entered a treatment program.
Tail-wagging beagle wins best in show at Westminster
- A beagle wagging her tail a mile a minute has become America's top dog. Miss P pulled an upset, winning best in show Tuesday night at the 139th Westminster Kennel Club at Madison Square Garden.
More National Sports Headlines