National Sports Headlines
LeBron James' marketing group cuts ties with Johnny Manziel
- LeBron James and his business partners will no longer work with Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Griffey elected to Hall with highest percentage, Piazza in - Bagwell misses by 15 votes
- Ken Griffey Jr. has been elected to the baseball Hall of Fame with the highest voting percentage ever, and Mike Piazza also is headed to Cooperstown.
Texans sign tackle Still to future contract
- The Houston Texans have signed defensive end Devon Still to a future contract for next season.
Harden scores 30, Rockets rally for 93-91 win over Jazz
- James Harden scored 30 points and the Houston Rockets rallied in the fourth quarter to beat the Utah Jazz 93-91 on Monday night, ending their longest losing streak of the season at four games.
Jayhawks Win 1 vs 2 Showdown In Triple Overtime 109-106
- Perry Ellis had 27 points and 13 rebounds, Devonte Graham hit the go-ahead free throw in the third overtime and top-ranked Kansas outlasted Buddy Hield and second-ranked Oklahoma 109-106 on Monday night in an early showdown of Final Four contenders.
Texans look to derail Kansas City's winning streak
- The Texans are in the playoffs for the first time since 2012.
Leonard scores 24, Spurs beat Bucks 123-98
- Kawhi Leonard scored 10 of his 24 points in the decisive third quarter and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Milwaukee Bucks 123-98 on Monday night for their fifth straight victory.
Cowboys' Romo takes optimistic view after lost 2015 season
- Tony Romo anticipates getting a "head start" on the offseason after missing most of 2015 with a twice-broken left collarbone that helped send the Cowboys from first to worst in the NFC East.
Texans clinch division title with 30-6 win over Jags
- J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus led the defense and Jonathan Grimes scored twice to help the Houston Texans clinch the AFC South with a 30-6 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
Cousins, Redskins top Cowboys 34-23 in playoff tuneup
- Kirk Cousins threw for three touchdowns before leaving late in the first half of a playoff tuneup, and the Washington Redskins finished the regular season with a 34-23 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
Browns not commenting on report of Manziel trip to Vegas
- The Browns are not commenting on a report that quarterback Johnny Manziel went to Las Vegas on the day before the season finale.
No. 11 TCU roars back to beat No. 15 Oregon 47-41 in 3OT
- Bram Kohlhausen's 8-yard touchdown run in the third overtime carried No. 11 TCU to a wild 47-41 victory over No. 15 Oregon in the Alamo Bowl on Saturday night as the Horned Frogs stormed back from a 31-0 halftime deficit behind a backup quarterback.
Texas Tech wins 10th in row, tops Texas 82-74
- Devaugntah Williams' 23 points led Texas Tech to an 82-74 win against Texas Saturday afternoon, its first win in a Big 12 home opener since 2007 and 10th win in a row.
Rebels Roll With 48-20 Sugar Bowl Win Over Oklahoma State
- Chad Kelly threw for 302 yards and four touchdowns - three to Laquon Treadwell - and No. 16 Mississippi beat No. 13 Oklahoma State 48-20 in the Sugar Bowl on Friday night.
Whiteside scores 25, Heat roll past Mavericks 106-82
- Hassan Whiteside had 25 points and 19 rebounds, Gerald Green added 19 points off the bench and the Miami Heat rolled past the Dallas Mavericks 106-82 on Friday night.
More National Sports Headlines