National Sports Headlines
Houston Texans Stampede Tour Headed to College Station August 30
- The Houston Texans Stampede Tour presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors will visit the College Station area on Aug. 30, the team announced today.
Gallardo wins 100th, Rangers end Toronto's 5-game win streak
- Yovani Gallardo earned his 100th career victory, Delino DeShields had a part in all the Texas runs even without an RBI and the Rangers stopped the Toronto Blue Jays' five-game winning streak, 4-1 Thursday.
Cowboys break camp early but in keeping with routine
- The Cowboys have broken camp in California, technically a day early but in keeping with their routine for preseason games this year.
Manziel to miss Browns' final 2 exhibitions with elbow issue
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel will not play in Cleveland's last two exhibition games because of lingering soreness in his right elbow.
Texans QB Mallett misses practice for personal issue
- Houston Texans backup quarterback Ryan Mallett missed practice on Thursday for what coach Bill O'Brien called a personal issue.
Encarnacion helps Price celebrate 30th, Jays top Texas 12-4
- Edwin Encarnacion hit a grand slam to extend his hitting streak to 21 games, helping David Price get a win on his 30th birthday in Toronto's 12-4 victory against the Texas Rangers on Wednesday night.
Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2
- Evan Gattis hit two home runs, Collin McHugh excelled once again and the Houston Astros exceeded last season's win total, beating the New York Yankees 6-2 Wednesday.
Johnny Manziel's elbow still sore, likely to miss exhibition
- Johnny Manziel's sore right elbow has not responded to rest and the Browns quarterback will likely sit out an exhibition Saturday at Tampa Bay.
Clowney should be ready for Texans' season opener
- Jadeveon Clowney is expected to play in Houston's season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 13.
AL East-leading Blue Jays rally in 9th to beat Rangers 6-5
- Troy Tulowitzki had a game-tying RBI single in the ninth inning before Adrian Beltre's throwing error allowed another Toronto run to score as the AL East-leading Blue Jays rallied for a 6-5 victory over the Texas Rangers on Tuesday night.
Gomez, Gattis lead Keuchel and Astros to testy rout of Yanks
- Carlos Gomez and Evan Gattis both homered and drove in four runs, sending Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros to a 15-1 blowout of the New York Yankees that briefly got testy Tuesday night.
Cowboys' Scandrick injured, tells coach it's torn right ACL
- Dallas cornerback Orlando Scandrick left practice at training camp with what he told his secondary coach he believed was a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
Reasons for Bo Graham's decision to leave ASU still unclear
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham said his son is pursuing an "exciting opportunity" but did not offer any other details on why Bo Graham left the program less than two weeks before the Sun Devils' first game.
NBA fines Clippers $250,000 because of DeAndre Jordan pitch
- The NBA has fined the Los Angeles Clippers $250,000 after an investigation found the team had violated league rules while trying to re-sign DeAndre Jordan last month.
Texans' QB Mallett stung by losing starting job to Hoyer
- Ryan Mallett was still seething on Tuesday, a day after Brian Hoyer beat him out to earn Houston's starting quarterback job.
More National Sports Headlines