National Sports Headlines
Rockets rally for 118-113 OT win over Blazers
- James Harden scored 41 points, Jeremy Lin had 26 and the Houston Rockets rallied for a 118-113 overtime win against the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday night.
Reed, Dressed Like Tiger, Gets a Big Win at Doral
29 mins ago
- Reed was dripping with confidence even before the final round of the Cadillac Championship.
Mavs extend Pacers' skid to 4 with 105-94 win
- Monta Ellis and Devin Harris scored 20 points apiece and the Dallas Mavericks extended Indiana's season-long losing streak to four games with a 105-94 victory against the Pacers on Sunday night.
Keselowski edges Junior on last lap in Las Vegas
- Brad Keselowski surged ahead on the final lap when Dale Earnhardt Jr. ran out of fuel, claiming a dramatic victory Sunday in the NASCAR race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Nuggets end skid by beating Mavericks 115-110
- Wilson Chandler scored 21 points, Ty Lawson had 20, and the Denver Nuggets snapped a six-game losing streak by beating the Dallas Mavericks 115-110 on Wednesday night.
10-Second Rule to Go Up for NCAA Approval Thursday
- A proposed rule change that would penalize college football offenses for snapping the ball before 10 seconds had run off the 40-second play clock is scheduled to be reviewed one last time by an NCAA committee on Wednesday.
Howard, Harden lead Rockets over Heat 106-103
- Dwight Howard had 22 points and 16 rebounds, James Harden added 21 points and the Houston Rockets held LeBron James in check Tuesday night in a 106-103 win over the Miami Heat.
Mavs' Mekel goes to D-League in return from injury
- Mavericks rookie guard Gal Mekel is ready to return after missing nearly two months with a knee injury and will play at least two games in the NBA Development League.
Green scores 24, Spurs beat Cavaliers 122-101
- Danny Green scored 24 points and the San Antonio Spurs turned to their 3-point shooting to shake off a sluggish start in a 122-101 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night.
History! LeBron Nets 61, Heat Top Bobcats 124-107
- LeBron James scored a career-high 61 points, breaking Glen Rice's franchise record, and the Miami Heat defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 124-107 on Monday night.
Florida stays No. 1 in AP poll
- Florida, Wichita State and Arizona are the top three teams in The Associated Press college basketball poll for the second straight week.
Mavs need to beat best of West in playoff pursuit
- Dirk Nowitzki joked after a loss to San Antonio that the Mavericks don't "want to see anyone" in the playoffs with their recent record against winning teams.
Parker returns, leads Spurs over Mavs 112-106
- Tony Parker had 22 points and seven assists in his return from a six-game absence, leading the San Antonio Spurs' balanced attack in a 112-106 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday night.
Henley wins playoff at Honda Classic
- Russell Henley made good on his second chance at the 18th hole Sunday and won the Honda Classic in a four-man playoff.
Rockets start fast, beat Pistons 118-110
- Terrence Jones had 22 points and 10 rebounds, and the Houston Rockets opened a big early lead and beat the Detroit Pistons 118-110 on Saturday night for their third win in four games.
More National Sports Headlines