National Sports Headlines
Matt Kenseth ends 51-race drought with win at rainy Bristol
- Matt Kenseth ended a 51-race drought Sunday night at rain-soaked Bristol Motor Speedway.
Cruz drives in 5 runs as Seattle beats Texas 11-10
- Nelson Cruz showed power early on Sunday with two home runs, and patience and resiliency late coming through with the winning hit in the ninth inning after three strikeouts.
Feldman bounces back, Astros defeat Angels
- Scott Feldman bounced back with six solid innings and the Houston Astros took advantage of a wild throw by catcher Drew Butera to beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-3 Sunday.
Keuchel, 3 Astros relievers combine to 3-hit Angels 4-0
- Dallas Keuchel combined with three relievers on a three-hitter, Robbie Grossman and George Springer homered and the Houston Astros beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-0 Saturday night.
Tim Tebow expected to sign with Eagles on Monday
- Tim Tebow is expected to sign a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday, according to three people familiar with the deal.
Trout hits 2 HRs to lead Angels past Astros, 6-3
- Mike Trout homered twice to become the youngest player in history with 100 home runs and 100 stolen bases, and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Astros 6-3 on Friday night.
Harden has 24 points, Rockets beat Mavs 118-108 in Game 1
- James Harden had 24 points and Corey Brewer scored 13 of his 15 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Houston Rockets to a 118-108 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night in Game 1 of their Western Conference series.
Matt Kenseth wins pole at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Matt Kenseth, a three-time winner at Bristol Motor Speedway, has won the pole for Sunday's race.
Masters Champion Spieth Bounces Back With 62 Today
- Troy Merritt shot a 10-under 61 on Friday to tie the course record at the RBC Heritage only a few hours after Masters champion Jordan Spieth wowed the gallery with a bounce-back 62.
2 minor league baseball teams to test game with 5-pitch rule
- This isn't your grandparents' baseball game.
Johnny Manziel Apologizes to Team and Fans
- Manziel says he takes "full responsibility for my actions" and he intends to "work very hard to regain everyone's trust and respect."
Spieth Stuggles At RBC Heritage
- Jordan Spieth (speeth) has followed his incredible Masters run by ending a string of 16 straight rounds under par. The 21-year old Spieth opened with a 3-over-par 74 at the RBC Heritage on Thursday, putting him in danger of missing the cut just a week after donning the green jacket.
NFL Reinstates Adrian Peterson From Suspension
- The NFL has reinstated Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, clearing the way for him to return after missing most of last season while facing child abuse charges in Texas.
McHugh Ks 11 in Astros' 6-1 win over Athletics
- Collin McHugh struck out 11, and Jed Lowrie hit one of three homers for the Houston Astros in a 6-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday night.
Mavs top Blazers 114-98, learn Rockets will be playoff foe
- Tyson Chandler had 22 points and 15 rebounds and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Portland Trail Blazers 114-98 on Wednesday night while learning they will play Houston in the first round of the playoffs.
More National Sports Headlines