National Sports Headlines
Mavericks sign 1st-round pick Justin Anderson
- The Dallas Mavericks signed first-round draft pick Justin Anderson on Saturday.
Conger, Correa both hit 2 homers as Astros down DBacks 9-2
- Hank Conger hit two homers, including his first career grand slam, and rookie Carlos Correa also homered twice to help the Houston Astros to a 9-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night.
Cowboys welcome McClain despite issues with knee, suspension
- Rolando McClain's surgically repaired right knee isn't ready for training camp, and the Dallas linebacker will miss the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
Early homers for Rangers in 6-3 win over Giants, Bumgarner
- Elvis Andrus and Adrian Beltre homered as the Rangers beat San Francisco 6-3 Friday night in the Giants' first visit since clinching the 2010 World Series in Texas.
Texans report to camp with many questions on offense
- The Houston Texans know they'll have a solid defense led by J.J. Watt.
Cowboys' Romo misses camp practice with sty in left eye
- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo missed the second full practice of training camp Friday because of a sty in his left eye.
Cowboys re-sign Keith Smith to shore up linebackers in camp
- The Cowboys have brought back linebacker Keith Smith and moved center Shane McDermott off the non-football injury list.
Bennett shows, Chancellor holds out to start Seahawks camp
- Unhappy with his contract, Michael Bennett decided to show and avoid the fines. Kam Chancellor decided the best way to get his point across was to hold out.
Reliever Sam Dyson sent to Rangers by Marlins
- The Miami Marlins traded right-handed reliever Sam Dyson to the Texas Rangers on Friday for catcher Tomas Telis and a minor league pitcher.
Castro's 9th-Inning Homer Gives Astros 3-0 Win Over Angels
- Jason Castro hit a three-run homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give the Houston Astros a 3-0 victory and a three-game sweep of the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday night.
Hamilton's Game-Ending Hit Gives Texas 7-6 Win Over Yankees
- Josh Hamilton delivered a game-ending RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning and the Texas Rangers beat the AL East-leading New York Yankees 7-6 on Thursday night.
Cowboys' McFadden starts training camp on injured list
- Cowboys running back Darren McFadden will start training camp on the physically unable to perform list because of a hamstring injury that also bothered him in the offseason.
Colby Lewis gets 11th win as Rangers beat Yankees 5-2
- Colby Lewis went six innings for his 11th victory and the Texas Rangers snapped a three-game losing streak with a 5-2 win over the AL East-leading New York Yankees on Wednesday night.
Astros regain lead in AL-West with 6-3 win over Angels
- Rookie Lance McCullers pitched seven solid innings and Preston Tucker and Jon Singleton both homered to help the Houston Astros to a 6-3 win over the Los Angeles Angels on Wednesday night to regain first place in the American League West.
Cowboys' Jones not talking Super Bowl, but optimism shows
- Even if he's not talking Super Bowl, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones also isn't hiding his optimism going into training camp.
More National Sports Headlines