National Sports Headlines
Astros Name A.J. Hinch as New Manager
- The Houston Astros have named A.J. Hinch as the 18th manager in franchise history, General Manager Jeff Luhnow announced today.
Romo, Murray lead Cowboys past Saints 38-17
- Tony Romo threw three touchdowns passes - two to Terrance Williams - and DeMarco Murray ran for a pair of scores in another 100-yard game and the Dallas Cowboys beat the New Orleans Saints 38-17 on Sunday night.
Harden, Rockets focus on defensive improvement
- James Harden was the target of plenty of criticism for his defense after the Houston Rockets were bounced from the playoffs in the first round last season on a last-second shot by Portland's Damian Lillard.
Derek Jeter has RBI Single in Last At-Bat
- Red Sox Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski has seen the rivalry with the Yankees at the low points, at least from the Boston side: He was the left fielder who watched Bucky Dent's popup settle into the net above the Green Monster in a one-game playoff to settle the 1978 AL East title.
Gordon wins at Dover in Chase elimination race
- Jeff Gordon has won the third race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship and is part of a 12-driver field that advanced to the next round.
A's clinch AL wild card with 4-0 win at Texas
- The Oakland Athletics finally clinched their third consecutive playoff berth - on the last day of the regular season after a prolonged slump.
Major League Baseball Postseason Schedule
- All ten major league baseball postseason spots have been filled after action Sunday.
Altuve wins batting crown; Abreu sparks Mets, 8-3
- Jose Altuve talked his way into the lineup and wrapped up the American League batting title with two more hits for the Houston Astros, beaten 8-3 by the New York Mets after Bobby Abreu sparked the decisive rally Sunday with a base hit in his final big league at-bat.
No. 24 Oklahoma State beats Texas Tech 45-35
- Daxx Garman threw for 370 yards and four touchdowns to help No. 24 Oklahoma State beat Texas Tech 45-35 on Thursday night.
Watt leads Houston to 23-17 win over Buffalo
- J.J. Watt had another highlight-reel play to help the Houston Texans overcome a tough day offensively for a 23-17 win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
Beltre homer in 9th sends Rangers past A's 2-1
- Adrian Beltre hit a walk-off homer in the ninth inning, and the Texas Rangers kept Oakland from getting closer to clinching an AL wild-card spot with a 2-1 victory against the Athletics on Thursday night.
Donnell catches on as Giants rout Redskins 45-14
- Larry Donnell caught three of Eli Manning's four touchdown passes, and the New York Giants moved to .500 with a 45-14 victory over the Washington Redskins on Thursday night.
Derek Leaves Yankee Stadium In Typical Jeter Style - Game Winning Hit
- Derek Jeter capped his Yankee Stadium farewell with a game-winning single in the bottom of the ninth inning, the latest storybook moment in a charmed and illustrious career, to give New York a 6-5 victory Thursday night over the Baltimore Orioles.
AP Source: Video addressed to NFL security chief
- A law enforcement official says he sent the video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to NFL headquarters to the attention of league security chief Jeffrey Miller in April.
O'Brien puts his mark on Texans in 1st season
- After spending his entire 12-year NFL career in Houston there are few things that could surprise Andre Johnson anymore.
More National Sports Headlines