National Sports Headlines
Rockets Eliminated In NBA Playoffs Following 104-90 Loss In Game 5 vs Golden State
- Stephen Curry had 26 points and eight rebounds, Harrison Barnes added 24 points and the Golden State Warriors advanced to the NBA Finals for the first time in 40 years with a 104-90 victory over the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.
Howard could face suspension if Rockets force Game 6
- Dwight Howard could miss Houston's next playoff game after picking up his seventh technical foul of the playoffs.
Davis hits 2 homers, Orioles beat Astros 5-4
- Chris Davis hit two homers, including a go-ahead solo shot in the eighth inning, to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 5-4 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.
New Orleans among 9 bidding to host playoff championship
- New Orleans is among nine cities and regions bidding to host College Football Playoff championship games.
"Hard Knocks" coming to Houston
- The Houston Texans will be the stars of this season of "Hard Knocks."
The popular HBO reality series picks one team each season to follow during training camp. This year, viewers will get an inside look at the team with Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt and last year's No. 1 overall pick, Jadeveon Clowney, who is recovering from microfracture surgery.
Rangers 7 Game Winning Streak Haulted With 12-3 Loss To Cleveland
- Carlos Santana capped and eight-run third inning with a three-run homer, leading the Cleveland Indians past Texas 12-3 on Wednesday to end the Rangers' seven-game winning streak.
Moreland, Fielder lead Rangers to 7th straight win
- Mitch Moreland hit a tiebreaking homer in the eighth inning, and the Texas Rangers beat the Cleveland Indians 4-3 on Tuesday night for their seventh consecutive victory.
LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks
- LeBron James scored 23 points, Kyrie Irving returned after missing two games and the Cleveland Cavaliers reserved a spot in the NBA Finals with a 118-88 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night to win the Eastern Conference title.
Feldman, Astros defeat Orioles 4-1
- Scott Feldman outpitched Chris Tillman, Chris Carter keyed a seventh-inning rally and the Houston Astros beat the Baltimore Orioles 4-1 on Tuesday night for their 10th win in 13 games.
Rockets' Howard won't be suspended for Game 5 vs Warriors
- Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard will not be suspended for Game 5 of the Western Conference finals against the Golden State Warriors after the NBA decided to uphold his flagrant 1 foul.
All eyes on Johnny as Manziel practices with Browns
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel is on the practice field in front of journalists for the first time since his release from rehab.
Rockets Avoid Western Conference Sweep With Game 4 Win Over Golden State 128-115
- James Harden scored a playoff career-high 45 points and the Houston Rockets led from start to finish to avoid elimination in the Western Conference finals with a 128-115 victory over the Golden State Warriors in Game 4 on Monday night.
Hamilton hitless in return, Texas wins 6th in a row
- Josh Hamilton was hitless in his return to the majors, but reached on a key error that sent the Texas Rangers over Cleveland 10-8 Monday for their sixth straight win.
Orioles beat Astros 4-3, hand Keuchel 1st loss
- Caleb Joseph and Steve Pearce hit two-run homers off Dallas Keuchel, and the Baltimore Orioles dealt the left-hander his first loss in a 4-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Monday.
Rangers beat Yanks 5-2 for New York's 10th loss in 11 games
- Adam Rosales hit a two-run homer off Chris Capuano that bounced off the top of the left-field wall, Yovani Gallardo won for the second time since mid-April and the Texas Rangers sent the New York Yankees to their 10th loss in 11 games with a 5-2 victory Sunday night.
More National Sports Headlines