National Sports Headlines
AP Source: Rockets reach agreement for Jason Terry
- A person with knowledge of the deal says the Houston Rockets will acquire guard Jason Terry in a trade with Sacramento.
Stewart's return to track marred by collision
- Tony Stewart's return to the track has been marred by a collision with Kyle Busch that sent the No. 14 car into the wall at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Texas Southern beats Prairie View 37-35
- Homer Causey ran for one touchdown and threw for another and Texas Southern beat Prairie View A&M 37-35 in both team's season opener on Sunday.
Dominguez, Altuve team up, lead Astros over Texas
- Matt Dominguez hit a tying homer and Jose Altuve's fourth hit drove in the go-ahead run as the Houston Astros rallied in the eighth inning to beat the Texas Rangers 3-2 on Sunday.
Pats trade Ryan Mallett to Texans
- The Houston Texans have acquired quarterback Ryan Mallett from the New England Patriots for a conditional draft pick, sources confirmed to ESPN.
Texas wins Strong debut 38-7 over North Texas
- David Ash passed for one touchdown and ran for another and Texas started the Charlie Strong era with an overpowering 38-7 win over North Texas in the season-opener for both teams on Saturday night.
Cowboys cut RB Williams, get DE Edwards in trade
- The Dallas Cowboys have waived running back Ryan Williams and receivers LaRon Byrd and Jamar Newsome while acquiring defensive end Lavar Edwards in a trade with Tennessee.
Texans coach O'Brien plans to keep 3 QBs on roster
- Texans coach Bill O'Brien still doesn't know who his backup quarterback will be.
Alabama opens vs West Virginia with QB questions
- Time to get some answers about Alabama's quarterback competition.
Broncos top Cowboys 27-3 in preseason finale
- Brock Osweiler led four scoring drives in the final tuneup for his third season as Peyton Manning's backup, and the Denver Broncos beat Dallas 27-3 Thursday night.
Borland returns pick for TD, 49ers beat Texans
- Rookie linebacker Chris Borland returned an interception 34 yards for a touchdown, third-string quarterback Josh Johnson threw three TD passes and the San Francisco 49ers beat the Houston Texans 40-13 on Thursday night.
Castro's slam sends McHugh, Astros over Rangers
- Jason Castro hit a grand slam, Collin McHugh threw seven solid innings and the Houston Astros beat the Texas Rangers 4-2 Thursday night.
Stewart to return to competition Sunday
- Tony Stewart will return to Sprint Cup competition Sunday night at Atlanta Motor Speedway, ending a three-race hiatus after his car struck and killed a fellow driver during a dirt-track race.
Hoyer, Manziel lead Browns over Bears 33-13
- Brian Hoyer drove Cleveland's starting offense to a rare preseason touchdown before turning things over to rookie Johnny Manziel in the Browns' 33-13 exhibition win over the Chicago Bears on Thursday night.
Darlington Raceway gets Labor Day back in 2015
- Darlington Raceway will return to its traditional Labor Day weekend date next season in one of the few significant changes to NASCAR's 2015 Sprint Cup Series schedule.
More National Sports Headlines