National Sports Headlines
Gasol's last-second shot lifts Memphis over Rockets 102-100
- Marc Gasol made a jumper with 0.1 seconds left to give the Memphis Grizzlies a 102-100 victory over the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.
Jefferson keys 3rd-quarter spurt, Mavs beat Pelicans 102-93
- Richard Jefferson tied his season high with 16 points, seven during a 16-0 Dallas run early in the third quarter, and the Mavericks raced past the New Orleans Pelicans 102-93 on Monday night.
Texas Keeps NCAA Hopes Alive With 61-59 Win Over No. 14 Baylor
- Isaiah Taylor made a tear-drop shot in the lane with 4.8 seconds remaining to give Texas a 61-59 victory over No. 14 Baylor in overtime, snapping the Bears' four-game winning streak and the Longhorns' four-game losing streak.
Harden suspended 1 game for kicking James in the groin
- The NBA has suspended Houston star James Harden one game without pay for kicking LeBron James in the groin.
Cowboys put franchise tag worth $12.8 million on Dez Bryant
- Dez Bryant will get four more months to work on a long-term deal with the Cowboys and make $12.8 million next year after the team used its franchise tag on the star wide receiver.
Harden's 33 points leads Rockets over Cavs 105-103 in OT
- James Harden scored 33 points for Houston and Cleveland star LeBron James missed a pair of free throws with 4.2 seconds left in overtime, helping the Rockets hold on for a 105-103 win over the Cavaliers on Sunday.
Jimmie Johnson pulls away for another Atlanta Sprint Cup win
- Jimmie Johnson pulled away after the final restart with 13 laps to go Sunday, winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Jones has season-best 26 points as Rockets beat Nets 102-98
- Terrence Jones scored a season-high 26 points, James Harden made the tiebreaking free throw with 43 seconds left and followed that with a jumper, and the Houston Rockets beat the Brooklyn Nets 102-98 on Friday night.
Brewer's big 4th quarter helps Rockets beat Clippers 110-105
- James Harden had 21 points, Corey Brewer scored 13 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter and the Houston Rockets snapped a six-game skid to the Los Angeles Clippers with a 110-105 win on Wednesday night.
Hawks charge past short-handed Mavericks 104-87
- The Atlanta Hawks took the lead with a 13-0 run in the third quarter and went on to a 104-87 victory Wednesday night over the Dallas Mavericks, who were without suspended guard Rajon Rondo.
AP source: Manning, Broncos talking about reworking contract
- A person with knowledge of the negotiations confirms the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning's representatives are discussing ways to revise his contract and give the team more flexibility in free agency.
Trey Burke, defense leads Jazz to 90-81 win over Spurs
- Trey Burke scored 23 points and the Utah Jazz beat San Antonio 90-81 on Monday night, extending the Spurs' losing streak to three since returning from the All-Star break.
Harden's triple-double helps Rockets over Wolves, 113-102
- James Harden had 31 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists for his second triple-double this season, leading the Houston Rockets to a 113-102 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night.
Monta Ellis leads Mavericks past Hornets, 92-81
- Monta Ellis scored 15 of his 23 points in the fourth quarter and Amare Stoudemire had 14 points in 11 minutes in his Dallas debut in the Mavericks' 92-81 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday night.
Joey Logano gives Roger Penske another Daytona 500 win
- Joey Logano, the driver who seemed washed up at 22 years old, has won his first career Daytona 500.
More National Sports Headlines