National Sports Headlines
TCU's Fields investigated for alleged assault
Posted: 8:04 PM
- TCU has suspended defensive end Devonte Fields pending results of a police investigation into whether he punched a former girlfriend in the head and threatened her with a gun.
Rivers Says He'll Quit If Sterling Remains Clippers Owner
Posted: 8:01 PM
- Los Angeles Clippers interim CEO Richard Parsons says coach Doc Rivers has told him he'll quit if Donald Sterling remains owner of the team.
Mikolas pitches Rangers past sloppy Yankees 4-2
- Miles Mikolas earned his first win as a starter, pitching into the eighth inning Monday night and leading the Texas Rangers to a 4-2 victory over the sloppy New York Yankees.
NFL's top-selling jersey belongs to Manziel
- Johnny Manziel is No. 2 on Cleveland's depth chart but No. 1 as the NFL's top-selling jersey.
Mavs sign Jefferson after losing Carter to Memphis
- The Dallas Mavericks have signed free agent forward Richard Jefferson as a possible replacement for Vince Carter off the bench.
Matt Bonner re-signs with San Antonio Spurs
- The Red Rocket is coming back to San Antonio.
Romo ready, has large task leading Cowboys in 2014
- Dallas quarterback Tony Romo probably won't have to sneak into competitive situations when the Cowboys hold their first training camp practice this week.
McIlroys have double success at British Open
- Rory McIlroy was not the only winner at the British Open on Sunday.
Cabrera leads Blue Jays to 9-6 win over Rangers
- Melky Cabrera hit a tiebreaking homer in the seventh inning, and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Texas Rangers 9-6 on Sunday.
Rory McIlroy wins British Open for 3rd major
- Rory McIlroy completed a wire-to-wire victory Sunday in the British Open to capture the third leg of the career Grand Slam.
Astros' Springer sits out, expects to play Tuesday
- Houston outfielder George Springer sat out the Astros' 11-7 win over the Chicago White Sox because of soreness in his right quad and knee.
Iola Native Chris Andersen Re-Signs with Miami
- Andersen made it official when he signed a two-year, $10 million contract late Friday night to remain with the Heat.
Flowers' 3 hits, go-ahead RBI lead White Sox
- Tyler Flowers had three hits and drove in the go-ahead run in the fifth inning to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 4-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Saturday night.
McIlroy Grabs Early Lead At British Open
- Tiger Woods had an up-and-down first round at the 143rd British Open but finished with a 3-under 69. Playing in just his first major tournament since back surgery last March, the former world No. 1 bogeyed the first two holes. He then finished with six birdies and another bogey over the remaining 16 holes of play at Royal Liverpool in Hoylake, England. Woods, who has gone six years without winning a major championship, played the back nine in 4-under 33.
Storms hold off, McIlroy holds off all challengers
- Rory McIlroy put a stranglehold on his third major championship with a 4-under 68 Saturday, heading to the final round of the British Open with a six-shot lead.
More National Sports Headlines
No Items Retrieved from Feed.