National Sports Headlines
Buchholz tosses complete game, Red Sox beat Astros 6-1
Posted: 4:14 PM
- Clay Buchholz pitched a six-hitter to win his fourth straight start, coming within one out of a shutout as the Boston Red Sox rebounded from a tough loss with a 6-1 victory over the Houston Astros on Saturday.
LaMarcus Aldridge chooses the San Antonio Spurs
Posted: 2:50 PM
- Prized free agent LaMarcus Aldridge says he has chosen to join the San Antonio Spurs.
Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
Posted: 4:22 PM
- Matt "Megatoad" Stonie shocked the competitive eating world Saturday by upsetting Joey "Jaws'' Chestnut at the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island, ending Chestnut's bid for a ninth straight victory.
Angels Smash the Rangers 8-2
- Angels win 8-2 in 1st game vs. Texas since trading Hamilton
Astros Win In Extra Innings Over Boston 12-8
- First baseman Mike Napoli allowed Preston Tucker's hard grounder to bounce past him for an error, and Carlos Correa followed with a tiebreaking single in a four-run 10th inning that lifted the Houston Astros over the Boston Red Sox on Friday night for their fifth straight win.
US blanks Guatemala in friendly match
- Clint Dempsey converted a penalty kick in his return from a suspension for a confrontation with a referee, Timmy Chandler scored his first international goal and the United States routed Guatemala 4-0 in an exhibition ahead of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
AP sources: Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan agree to 4-year deal
- DeAndre Jordan has chosen the Mavericks over the Los Angeles Clippers in what turned into a tense boom-or-bust wait for Dallas in pursuit of the free-agent center.
Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- Leonys Martin ended a scoreless duel with an RBI single in the ninth inning, and the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 2-0 Thursday night behind a dominant pitching performance by Yovani Gallardo and three relievers.
Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been suspended for the first four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Astros Rally To Sweep Royals With 6-5 Win
- Jose Altuve had three hits and scored the tiebreaking run in the seventh inning to help the Houston Astros complete a three-game sweep of a the Kansas City Royals with a 6-5 win on Wednesday night.
Bucks give A&M's Middleton 5 years, $70 million
- A person with direct knowledge of the negotiations tells The Associated Press that the Milwaukee Bucks have reached agreement with restricted free agent Khris Middleton on a five-year, $70 million contract.
Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- Laura Bassett scored into her own net during second-half stoppage time, giving Japan a 2-1 victory over England in a Women's World Cup semifinal.
Orioles hit 2 HRs to back Chen in 4-2 victory over Rangers
- J.J. Hardy hit a tiebreaking two-run homer in the seventh inning to back an effective pitching performance by Wei-Yin Chen and carry the Baltimore Orioles past the Texas Rangers 4-2 on Wednesday night.
Keuchel dominate again to help Astros shut out Royals 4-0
- Dallas Keuchel allowed seven hits in eight innings to lead the Houston Astros a 4-0 win over the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday night.
Moreland hits 2 HRs to lead Rangers past Orioles 8-6
- Mitch Moreland hit two home runs in a second straight game, and the Texas Rangers celebrated the return of Josh Hamilton by defeating the Baltimore Orioles 8-6 on Tuesday night.
More National Sports Headlines