National Sports Headlines
Nowitzki, Mavs top Jazz 120-102 in home opener
Posted: 10:10 PM
- Dirk Nowitzki scored 21 points and the Dallas Mavericks celebrated the return of two key pieces from the franchise's only championship team in a 120-102 victory over the Utah Jazz in their home opener Thursday night.
NASCAR A Real Boone For Former Texas A&M, NFL Long Snapper
Posted: 2:32 PM
- Boone Stutz, a former tight end and long snapper at Texas A&M and Arlington native, reached the pinnacle of his football career with a brief stint in the NFL, but now finds himself with the rare opportunity of embarking on yet another professional sports career.
Rockets spoil Snyder's NBA coaching debut
- Dwight Howard had 22 points and 10 rebounds and the Houston Rockets beat the Utah Jazz 104-93 on Wednesday night to spoil Quin Snyder's NBA coaching debut.
Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Madison Bumgarner pitched five innings of near-perfect relief and the San Francisco Giants held off the Kansas City Royals 3-2 Wednesday night in Game 7 of the World Series for their third championship in five seasons.
Jaguars' Joeckel has chance to play at Bengals
- The Jacksonville Jaguars could have left tackle Luke Joeckel back Sunday at Cincinnati.
Royals rout Giants 10-0 to force Game 7 in Series
- Lorenzo Cain looped a two-run single and Eric Hosmer chopped a two-run double over shortstop in a seven-run second inning as the Kansas City Royals battered the San Francisco Giants 10-0 Tuesday night to force a decisive Game 7 in the World Series.
Parker helps Spurs edge Mavs 101-100 in opener
- Tony Parker scored 23 points, Manu Ginobili had 20 and the San Antonio Spurs opened their title defense with a thrilling 101-100 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday night.
Mississippi State, Florida State top playoff list
- Mississippi State, Florida State, Auburn and Mississippi are the top four teams in the first College Football Playoff rankings.
Cowboys awaiting word on latest Romo back injury
- Dallas coach Jason Garrett says Tony Romo's latest back injury is unrelated to the herniated disk he sustained last season and the team is waiting on further testing to see if the quarterback will be available Sunday against Arizona.
Redskins end Cowboys' 6-game streak, 20-17 in OT
- Colt McCoy directed Washington to Kai Forbath's 40-yard field goal in overtime and Dallas was unable to answer after Tony Romo returned from an apparent injury, sending the Redskins to a 20-17 victory on Monday night that snapped the Cowboys' six-game winning streak.
Romo leaves with apparent injury against Redskins
- Tony Romo has left Dallas' game against Washington with an apparent injury after he was sacked in the third quarter.
Singer Aaron Lewis apologizes for botching anthem
- Aaron Lewis has apologized for botching the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner" during his performance before Game 5 of the World Series.
Miss State, FSU, Alabama, Auburn in AP poll top 4
- Mississippi's first loss of the season dropped the Rebels four spots in The Associated Press college football poll to No. 7 and left Mississippi State, Florida State, Alabama and Auburn in the top four as the College Football Playoff selection committee prepares its first rankings.
Foster scores 3 TDs as Texans beat Titans 30-16
- Arian Foster ran for 151 yards and two touchdowns and also caught a pass for a score, and the Houston Texans beat the Tennessee Titans 30-16 Sunday for a win in the franchise's 200th game.
Earnhardt wins at Martinsville Speedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. won at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday a week after he was eliminated from the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
More National Sports Headlines