National Sports Headlines
Broncos' New Pass-Rush Tandem on Comeback Trail
- Denver Broncos pass-rushers DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller are a lot alike.
David Moyes Out as Manchester United Manager
- The so-called impossible job proved to be just that for David Moyes.
Grizzlies beat Thunder 111-105 in OT to tie series
- Zach Randolph scored 25 points to help the Memphis Grizzlies defeat the Oklahoma City Thunder 111-105 in overtime on Monday night and tie their first-round playoff series at one game apiece.
Astros put Feldman on DL with biceps tendinitis
- Right-hander Scott Feldman has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Houston Astros due to biceps tendinitis, a move retroactive to Friday.
Longtime FBI employee hired by Dolphins
- A longtime FBI employee has been hired by the Miami Dolphins to oversee security in the wake of last year's bullying scandal. Joe Cicini spent 23 years in the Miami division of the FBI, where he worked with the joint terrorism task force and special events task force. He has provided crisis management training to the NFL, MLB, NBA, colleges and universities.
Houston's Beverley cleared for Game 2
- Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley has been cleared to play in Game 2 on Wednesday night after injuring his right knee in the opening game of the first-round playoff series against Portland.
Manning says he and Gase didn't break NFL rules
- Peyton Manning insists that he and Denver offensive coordinator Adam Gase didn't break any NFL rules when they met with Alabama coach Nick Saban earlier this month.
Six-run 3rd inning lifts Orioles over Red Sox 7-6
- The Baltimore Orioles scored six runs off Clay Buchholz in the third inning then held on to spoil Boston's Patriots' Day morning game a year after the Boston Marathon bombings with a 7-6 win over the Red Sox on Monday.
American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon
- American Meb Keflezighi has won the Boston Marathon, a year after a bombing at the finish line left three dead and more than 260 people injured.
Kenya's Rita Jeptoo wins Boston Marathon again
- Rita Jeptoo of Kenya successfully defended the Boston Marathon title she said she could not enjoy a year ago after the fatal bombings.
Lewis gets 1st win in 2 years, Texas 6-3 over White Sox
- olby Lewis pitched into the sixth inning for his first win in nearly two years, Prince Fielder homered and the Texas Rangers beat the Chicago White Sox 6-3 on Saturday night.
A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Josh Reddick hit an RBI single that capped a three-run rally in the ninth inning, lifting the Oakland Athletics over the Houston Astros 4-3 on Saturday.
Rockets host Portland in first-round of playoffs
- The Houston Rockets were happy simply to return to the playoffs last season.
Rangers Shut Out White Sox In Series Opener
- Martin Perez pitched a three-hitter for his first career shutout, Leonys Martin drove in four runs and the Texas Rangers routed the Chicago White Sox 12-0 Friday night.
Astros Start Six-Game Road Trip in Oakland
- Tonight’s game marks the first of a six-game, west coast road trip for the Astros as they take on the A’s in Oakland (Fri-Sun) and the Mariners in Seattle (Mon-Wed).
More National Sports Headlines