National Sports Headlines
Altuve's big game lifts Astros over Indians 3-1
- Jose Altuve had three hits to give him 209 this season and drove in two runs, leading the Houston Astros to a 3-1 win over the Cleveland Indians on Monday night.
Watt's TD Catch Fuels Texans' 30-14 Win vs Raiders
- J.J. Watt caught a 1-yard touchdown pass, Arian Foster ran for 138 yards and a score and the Houston Texans won their second straight game to open the season, beating the Oakland Raiders 30-14 Sunday.
Johnny Manziel makes NFL debut for Browns
- Johnny Manziel has made his NFL regular-season debut, coming off the bench for the Cleveland Browns in the third quarter Sunday against New Orleans.
Keselowski Wins Opening Round of NASCAR's Chase
- Brad Keselowski has won the opening race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, a victory that automatically advances him into the second round.
Kyle Busch gets pole for Chase opener at Chicago
- Kyle Busch will start the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship on the pole for Sunday's opening race at Chicagoland Speedway.
Keuchel, Astros end Angels' 10-game win streak 6-1
- Dallas Keuchel took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning, and the Houston Astros ended the Los Angeles Angels' 10-game winning streak with a 6-1 victory Sunday.
Attorney: Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse
- The Minnesota Vikings benched Adrian Peterson for Sunday's game after his attorney said he had been indicted by a Texas grand jury on a charge of child abuse.
Falcons: LT Matthews will miss game vs. Bengals
- Falcons coach Mike Smith says rookie left tackle Jake Matthews has been ruled out for Sunday's game at Cincinnati with a sprained ankle.
Flacco, Ravens beat Steelers 26-6 without Rice
- Playing three days after running back Ray Rice was released, the Ravens got a pair of touchdown passes from Joe Flacco and rolled past the rival Pittsburgh Steelers 26-6 on Thursday night.
Aybar leads surging Angels beat Rangers, 7-3
- Erick Aybar hit a two-run home run early and eight Angels pitchers combined for a 7-3 victory over the Texas Rangers on Thursday night, giving Los Angeles its eighth straight win.
QB Hill leads No. 25 BYU past Houston 33-25
- Taysom Hill threw for 200 yards and a touchdown while running for 160 yards and another score, and No. 25 BYU beat Houston 33-25 on Thursday night.
UNC completes probe into alleged hazing incident as Fedora suspends four
- North Carolina has completed an internal investigation into an alleged hazing incident involving football players. In Thursday's statement, the school said information was sent to the student attorney general, who will decide whether to pursue charges through the honor court.
Healthy Murray clear leader of Cowboys' run game
- After DeMarco Murray fumbled his first carry of the season, the Dallas Cowboys sure didn't stop giving him the ball.
They didn't even hand off to another running back.
Judge removes Penn St. trustees from NCAA lawsuit
- A Pennsylvania judge is removing three Penn State trustees as well as some university faculty and former Nittany Lions players from a lawsuit by Joe Paterno's estate against the school and the NCAA.
San Antonio officials woo Final Four committee
- San Antonio officials are planning a full blown public rally to persuade the men's basketball Final Four selection committee to choose the Alamodome as a venue for the tournament.
More National Sports Headlines