National Sports Headlines
Lewis gets 1st win in 2 years, Texas 6-3 over White Sox
- olby Lewis pitched into the sixth inning for his first win in nearly two years, Prince Fielder homered and the Texas Rangers beat the Chicago White Sox 6-3 on Saturday night.
A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Josh Reddick hit an RBI single that capped a three-run rally in the ninth inning, lifting the Oakland Athletics over the Houston Astros 4-3 on Saturday.
Rockets host Portland in first-round of playoffs
- The Houston Rockets were happy simply to return to the playoffs last season.
Rangers Shut Out White Sox In Series Opener
- Martin Perez pitched a three-hitter for his first career shutout, Leonys Martin drove in four runs and the Texas Rangers routed the Chicago White Sox 12-0 Friday night.
Astros Start Six-Game Road Trip in Oakland
- Tonight’s game marks the first of a six-game, west coast road trip for the Astros as they take on the A’s in Oakland (Fri-Sun) and the Mariners in Seattle (Mon-Wed).
Rangers' Scheppers headed to DL with elbow issue
- Texas Rangers right-hander Tanner Scheppers has been put on the disabled list because of elbow inflammation after moving into the rotation from the bullpen and making four starts.
NBA playoffs looking more wide-open than expected
- Before the season started, a poll suggested that the Miami Heat were the overwhelming favorite to win the NBA title, collecting a whopping 76 percent of ballots cast.
Tulsa hires Frank Haith as new hoops coach
- Tulsa has hired Frank Haith as its men's basketball coach after he spent the last three years at Missouri.
Kouzmanoff, Rangers beat Mariners 8-6
- Kevin Kouzmanoff delivered again, doubling twice and scoring two runs as the Texas Rangers beat Seattle Mariners 8-6 Thursday.
Strong makes Texas debut with spring scrimmage
- For the first time since 1997, the Texas Longhorns will suit up for a game without Mack Brown on the sideline.
Getzlaf plans to play in Ducks' Game 2 vs. Dallas
- A day after Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf took a slap shot to the head, the Ducks had already found the lighter side of a potentially disastrous playoff injury.
Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1
- James Shields struck out 12 in eight innings and the Kansas City Royals completed a three-game sweep of the Houston Astros with a 5-1 win on Thursday night.
Source: Haith front-runner for Tulsa job
- Missouri coach Frank Haith is in position to replace Danny Manning at Tulsa.
Rangers rally for 2 in 9th to beat Mariners 3-2
- Leonys Martin had a game-winning RBI single in the ninth inning as the Texas Rangers scored two unearned runs in a two-out rally against Fernando Rodney, beating the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Wednesday night in a game that started as a battle of aces.
Grizzlies grab 7th seed, beat Dallas 106-105 in OT
- Mike Conley hit two free throws with 1.1 seconds left in overtime, and the Memphis Grizzlies grabbed the Western Conference's No. 7 seed away from Dallas by edging the Mavericks 106-105 on Wednesday night in the regular season finale.
More National Sports Headlines