National Sports Headlines
Hamilton given back to Texas after troubled Angels stint
Posted: 2:44 PM
- Josh Hamilton is back with the Texas Rangers.
Leonard leads Spurs to 100-73 win over Spurs and 2-1 lead
- Kawhi Leonard had a postseason career-high 32 points and the San Antonio Spurs never trailed in dominating the Los Angeles Clippers 100-73 on Friday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series.
Harden, Howard lead Rockets to 130-128 win, 3-0 lead on Mavs
- James Harden scored a playoff career-high 42 points, Dwight Howard had his postseason best with 26 rebounds and the Houston Rockets beat the Dallas Mavericks 130-128 on Friday night for a 3-0 lead in their first-round series.
The NFL Suspends Cowboys Hardy for 10 Games
- The NFL has suspended Dallas defensive end Greg Hardy for 10 games without pay Wednesday for conduct detrimental to the league. The NFL concluded there was "credible evidence" Hardy roughed up his ex-girlfriend nearly a year ago when he was a member of the Carolina Panthers.
Thunder fires coach after 7 years
- The Oklahoma City Thunder have fired coach Scott Brooks. The team made the announcement Wednesday.
CBS Network Announces 2015 'NFL on CBS' Broadcast Schedule
- The CBS Television Network, home of Super Bowl 50, marks its 56th year broadcasting the NFL headlined by Super Bowl 50 on February 7, 2016...
Howard and Harden lead Rockets over Mavericks 111-99
- Dwight Howard scored 28 points and James Harden added 24 to help the Houston Rockets coast to a 111-99 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday night to take a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference playoff series.
Houston Texans 2015 schedule released
- The Houston Texans 2015 regular season schedule features two primetime games in Weeks 5 and 10. Houston takes on AFC South rival Indianapolis Colts on Thursday, Oct. 8 and hits the road to take on the Cincinnati Bengals on Nov. 16 as part of ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
Cowboys open with Giants again, will see Murray in Week 2
- The Cowboys are opening against the New York Giants again, and will see old friend DeMarco Murray a week later.
Cowboys officially re-sign running back Dunbar, punter Jones
- The Cowboys have re-signed running back Lance Dunbar and punter Chris Jones to one-year contracts worth $1.5 million. Both were restricted free agents.
Johnny Manziel tries to earn back Browns' trust after rehab
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel did not address his teammates as a group following his release from rehab, but he's already shown them he's hoping to win back their trust.
Matt Kenseth ends 51-race drought with win at rainy Bristol
- Matt Kenseth ended a 51-race drought Sunday night at rain-soaked Bristol Motor Speedway.
Cruz drives in 5 runs as Seattle beats Texas 11-10
- Nelson Cruz showed power early on Sunday with two home runs, and patience and resiliency late coming through with the winning hit in the ninth inning after three strikeouts.
Feldman bounces back, Astros defeat Angels
- Scott Feldman bounced back with six solid innings and the Houston Astros took advantage of a wild throw by catcher Drew Butera to beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-3 Sunday.
Keuchel, 3 Astros relievers combine to 3-hit Angels 4-0
- Dallas Keuchel combined with three relievers on a three-hitter, Robbie Grossman and George Springer homered and the Houston Astros beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-0 Saturday night.
More National Sports Headlines