National Sports Headlines
Blue Jays force Game 5 in ALDS with 8-4 win at Texas
- Josh Donaldson and Chris Colabello hit home runs before 40-year-old knuckleballer R.A. Dickey threw his first postseason pitch, and the Toronto Blue Jays forced a deciding Game 5 in the AL Division Series with an 8-4 win over the Texas Rangers on Monday.
Royals rally on Correa's error, beat Astros 9-6 to even ALDS
- Astros shortstop Carlos Correa couldn't handle a deflected grounder that might have been a double-play ball, helping the Kansas City Royals rally for five runs in the eighth inning to beat Houston 9-6 Monday and force their playoff series to a decisive Game 5.
Cubs hit 6 home runs, top Cardinals 8-6 for 2-1 lead in NLDS
- Kris Bryant and Jorge Soler each hit two-run drives and the Chicago Cubs connected for a postseason franchise-record six homers in an 8-6 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 3 of the NL Division Series on Monday.
Tulo-led Blue Jays avoid ALDS elimination, beat Texas 5-1
- Troy Tulowitzki drove in four runs, including a three-run homer for his first hit this postseason, and the Toronto Blue Jays avoided elimination in the AL Division Series with a 5-1 win over the Texas Rangers in Game 3 on Sunday night.
Astros take 2-1 series lead over Royals with 4-2 win
- Dallas Keuchel remained perfect at home with seven gutsy innings and Chris Carter homered Sunday, leading the Houston Astros to a 4-2 win over the Kansas City Royals to take a 2-1 lead in the American League Division Series.
Brady, Patriots pull away from Romo-less Cowboys 30-6
- Tom Brady threw for two touchdowns, with a 1-yard plunge for another score, and the New England Patriots pulled away from a powerless Dallas offense missing Tony Romo and Dez Bryant for a 30-6 victory over the Cowboys on Sunday.
Cubs put squeeze on Cardinals, even NLDS with 6-3 win
- Kyle Hendricks and Addison Russell had successful squeeze bunts and Jorge Soler capped a five-run second with a two-run homer, and the Chicago Cubs held off the St. Louis Cardinals 6-3 on Saturday night to even their NL Division series at a game apiece.
Royals rally, beat Astros 5-4 to even ALDS at 1 game each
- Ben Zobrist hit a go-ahead single in the seventh inning, reliever Wade Davis got replay help for a key pickoff in the ninth and the Kansas City Royals rallied from a three-run hole to beat the Houston Astros 5-4 on Friday, evening their AL Division Series at a game apiece.
Alberto, Rangers beat Blue Jays in 14th, lead ALDS 2-0
- Backup infielder Hanser Alberto singled home the go-ahead run in the 14th inning and the Texas Rangers beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-4 Friday for a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five American League Division Series.
Brian Hoyer gets starting QB job back for scuffling Texans
- Brian Hoyer has his job back as Houston's starting quarterback.
McHugh pitches Astros to 5-2 win over Royals to open ALDS
- The Houston Astros beat the Kansas City Royals at their own game Thursday night, relying on sharp pitching from Collin McHugh and stingy defense behind him for a 5-2 victory in the opener of their AL Division Series.
Johnson has 2 TD receptions, leads Colts over Texans 27-20
- Andre Johnson had two touchdown catches against his former team to help the Indianapolis Colts beat the Houston Texans 27-20 on Thursday night.
Chirinos 2-run homer leads Rangers over Blue Jays 5-3
- Robinson Chirinos hit a two-run homer against David Price, Rougned Odor had a solo shot and the Texas Rangers beat the Blue Jays 5-3 Thursday in an AL Division Series opener as postseason baseball returned to Toronto for the first time in 22 years.
Dolphins replace defensive coordinator Coyle with Anarumo
- Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle has been fired by new interim coach Dan Campbell.
Martin Perez to start Game 3 for Rangers
- Texas Rangers left-hander Martin Perez will start Game 3 of the ALDS against the Toronto Blue Jays, manager Jeff Banister said Thursday.
More National Sports Headlines