National Sports Headlines
Michael Sam: There are "a lot" of Gay Players in the NFL
Posted: 7:44 AM
- On the subject of other gay NFL players, Sam said: "I'm just saying there is a lot of us."
Astros Reassign Five Players, Option Three to Minor League Camp
- Four will remain with Major League club thru exhibition season
Duke back in Final Four after 66-52 win over Gonzaga
- A special group of freshmen is taking Duke and Coach K back to the NCAA Final Four.
James Harden's 24 points help Rockets beat Wizards 99-91
- One game after clinching a playoff berth, the Rockets delayed the Wizards' bid to secure their own spot, beating Washington 99-91 Sunday behind James Harden's 24 points.
Spartans Final Four-bound after 76-70 OT win over Louisville
- Coach Tom Izzo and the Michigan State Spartans capped an improbable run to the Final Four with an overtime win.
AP sources: Texas fires coach Barnes after 17 years
- Texas has fired coach Rick Barnes after 17 seasons, people with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press.
Pitching-depleted Rangers get lefty Freeman from Cardinals
- The pitching-depleted Texas Rangers acquired left-hander Sam Freeman from the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday for a player to be named or cash considerations.
Leonard has double-double to lead Spurs past Grizzlies
- Kawhi Leonard had 25 points and 10 rebounds, and the San Antonio Spurs cruised to a 103-89 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday.
UConn steamrolls past Texas 105-54, reach regional final
- Breanna Stewart had 31 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists to help UConn rout Texas 105-54 Saturday in the Sweet 16, earning coach Geno Auriemma his 100th NCAA Tournament win.
Harden scores 33 as Rockets beat Wolves, clinch playoff spot
- James Harden had 33 points and eight assists as the Houston Rockets clinched a playoff spot with a 120-110 victory over the short-handed Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.
Diaw scores 19 to lead Spurs in 94-76 win over Mavericks
- Boris Diaw scored 19 points, helping the San Antonio Spurs pull away for a 94-76 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night.
Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Sune Agbuke had a career-high 23 points and Baylor advanced to the NCAA Tournament's Elite Eight for the fifth time in six years with an 81-66 win over Iowa on Friday night.
Former Vandy coach to replace Manning on playoff committee
- Archie Manning is leaving the College Football Playoff selection committee and will be replaced by former Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson.
Durant to have another surgery, will miss rest of season
- Reigning MVP Kevin Durant will have bone graft surgery next week to deal with a fractured bone in his right foot, and he will miss the rest of the season, the Oklahoma City Thunder announced Friday.
Wildcats Advance To Elite Eight With 'Cake Walk' Win Over West Virginia 78-39
- Perfect and pulverizing. Kentucky made West Virginia's press look pathetic. Trey Lyles scored 14 points, Andrew Harrison added 13 and the unbeaten Wildcats, chasing history and a ninth national title, rolled to a 78-39 victory over the Mountaineers on Thursday night in the Midwest Regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
More National Sports Headlines