- The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is proposing fishing regulation changes that will affect both salt and freshwater anglers. Some of the most noteworthy include changes to harvest regulations for flounder and spotted seatrout, the rainbow trout fishery on the Guadalupe River below Canyon Lake dam, and additional restrictions on the harvest of alligator gar during critical periods of spawning.
- Rip van Winkle slept for 20 years. Lake Athens snoozed for 25. Then the 1,799-acre lake near the East Texas town of the same name awoke from its slumber and began spitting out 13-pound bass.
- ATHENS—Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s popular rainbow trout stocking program will kick off November 27 with the first deliveries of fish to selected lakes in the Neighborhood Fishin’ program.
- ATHENS—Every year Toyota ShareLunker program coordinator Juan Martinez talks to anglers still excited and shaking from the experience of landing a 13-pound or bigger largemouth bass
- The Central Texas Miniature Horse Club will present the Showcase of the Mini’s, Friday, May 24 through Sunday, May 26, at the Brazos County Expo. The shows will begin at 8 a.m. each day.