Kats dominate in 80-61 win over UNO
- Juniors Michael Holyfield and Kaheem Ransom shined on senior day to send off four Bearkat seniors in their final game at Johnson Coliseum. Sam Houston State (21-9, 13-5) beat New Orleans 80-61 on the back of 17-point performances from Holyfield and Ransom.
Azar homer clinches series win for SHSU baseball
- A two-run home run in the first inning by senior catcher Anthony Azar was all the Kats needed to beat Cal State Northridge 2-1 and claim the series with Sunday’s 1:00 p.m. contest still left to play.
Eppler complete game fuels 6-0 win
- Tyler Eppler tossed his first career complete game to lead the No. 20 Sam Houston baseball team to a 6-0 victory over Cal State Northridge in the series opener Friday at Don Sanders Stadium.
Weather Alters Saturday Baseball/Softball Starts
- The start time for Saturday’s Sam Houston State softball doubleheader against McNeese State has been moved up to 11:00 a.m. in anticipation of rain later in the afternoon, while the SHSU baseball game will be played at 12:00 p.m.
Azar on Johnny Bench Award Watch List
- Senior catcher Anthony Azar has been named to the Johnny Bench Award Watch List, the award given annually to the top division one collegiate catcher.
SHSU Softball Begins Southland Conference Action Saturday
- The Sam Houston softball team opens its Southland Conference schedule this weekend against the defending league champion McNeese State.
Kats run away with 71-54 win over SELA
- The Bearkats set the tone early in the second half and put Southeastern Louisiana away while cruising to a 71-54 win. Sam Houston State held the Lions off the board for the first four minutes of the second half while extending their lead to as much as 19 points.
Kats roll to 93-73 win over SELA
- The Sam Houston women’s basketball team scored a season-high 93 points as they routed Southeastern Louisiana, 93-73, Thursday at Johnson Coliseum.
Bearkats Earn Southland Indoor Track & Field Awards
- Sam Houston track and field head coach Dave Self has been named as Southland Conference Indoor Track & Field Coach of the Year after directing the Bearkats to the 2014 indoor women’s team championship last weekend.
Errors costly in SHSU 8-5 loss to Rice
- Sam Houston State committed five errors, including two in a four-run fifth, as they dropped an 8-5 contest to Rice Wednesday at Don Sanders Stadium.
Sam Houston Hosts Men's & Women's Basketball Doubleheader
- The Sam Houston men and women play host to Southeastern Louisiana Thursday night in the next-to-last home Southland Conference double header of the 2014 basketball season.
Sam Houston Spring Football Practice Opens March 17th
- Head coach K. C. Keeler and his Sam Houston staff get their first look at the 2014 Sam Houston football team in action when the Bearkats begin spring practice Monday, March 17.
Miner runner-up at Louisiana Tech
- Albert Miner went low in the second round and finished as the runner-up of the Argent Financial Classic hosted by Louisiana Tech. Miner was just one shot back of the tournament champion Pep Angles of Central Arkansas.
SHSU vs. Rice Baseball First Pitch Wednesday moved up to 5 p.m.
- Game time for the Sam Houston versus Rice baseball contest Wednesday at Don Sanders Stadium has been moved up to 5 p.m.
The March 5 game pits No. 20 Sam Houston against the No. 17 ranked Owls.
Sam Houston Baseball Debuts at No. 20 in Poll
- The Sam Houston State baseball team has played its way into the national rankings, debuting this week at No. 20 in Baseball America’s weekly top-25. The 10-2 Bearkats are tied for their highest ranking ever as a Division I program.
More Sam Houston State Headlines