Homers sink Kats 9-2
- Texas-San Antonio catcher John Bormann hit two home runs and drove in five runs to lead the Roadrunners to a 9-2 win over No. 18 Sam Houston State. The Bearkats will look to rebound on the road this weekend for a three-game series at New Orleans.
Angela Beadle named All-Southland Conference
- Angela Beadle of Sam Houston State has been named to the 2014 All-Southland Conference women’s basketball honor squad.
SHSU Softball Hosts UTSA Wednesday at 2 p.m.
- Winners of seven of their last 10 games, the Sam Houston softball team plays a former Southland Conference foe Wednesday as the Kats play host to Texas-San Antonio in a 2 p.m. doubleheader at the Softball Complex.
SHSU's Eppler named Pitcher of the Week
- Junior starting pitcher Tyler Eppler was named as the Southland’s Pitcher of the Week after tossing his first career complete game, a three-hit shutout against Cal State Northridge.
Peters & Ransom Earn Southland Honors
- Jabari Peters has become the fourth Sam Houston player to earn Southland Conference men’s basketball “Newcomer-of-the-Year” honors.
SHSU No. 18 in Baseball America Poll
- A week after the Bearkats debuted in the national polls they have now moved up to their highest ranking ever at the Division I level, No. 18 in the Baseball America Poll. Last week was the earliest in the season that SHSU (13-3) had ever appeared in the national rankings.
SHSU softball falls to McNeese State
- Southland Conference preseason softball favorite McNeese took two out of three from Sam Houston in both team’s first league series with 9-2 victory Sunday at the Bearkat Softball Complex.
Farney walk-off sac fly seals sweep
- With the game tied 2-2 in the 13th inning, second basemen Ryan Farney hit a walk-off sacrifice fly to center field to top Cal State Northridge 3-2 and finish off three-game sweep. The win was the first this season in extra innings for the Bearkats (13-3).
Kats dominate in 80-61 win over UNO
- Juniors Michael Holyfield and Kaheem Ransom shined on senior day to send off four Bearkat seniors in their final game at Johnson Coliseum. Sam Houston State (21-9, 13-5) beat New Orleans 80-61 on the back of 17-point performances from Holyfield and Ransom.
Azar homer clinches series win for SHSU baseball
- A two-run home run in the first inning by senior catcher Anthony Azar was all the Kats needed to beat Cal State Northridge 2-1 and claim the series with Sunday’s 1:00 p.m. contest still left to play.
Eppler complete game fuels 6-0 win
- Tyler Eppler tossed his first career complete game to lead the No. 20 Sam Houston baseball team to a 6-0 victory over Cal State Northridge in the series opener Friday at Don Sanders Stadium.
Weather Alters Saturday Baseball/Softball Starts
- The start time for Saturday’s Sam Houston State softball doubleheader against McNeese State has been moved up to 11:00 a.m. in anticipation of rain later in the afternoon, while the SHSU baseball game will be played at 12:00 p.m.
Azar on Johnny Bench Award Watch List
- Senior catcher Anthony Azar has been named to the Johnny Bench Award Watch List, the award given annually to the top division one collegiate catcher.
SHSU Softball Begins Southland Conference Action Saturday
- The Sam Houston softball team opens its Southland Conference schedule this weekend against the defending league champion McNeese State.
Kats run away with 71-54 win over SELA
- The Bearkats set the tone early in the second half and put Southeastern Louisiana away while cruising to a 71-54 win. Sam Houston State held the Lions off the board for the first four minutes of the second half while extending their lead to as much as 19 points.
More Sam Houston State Headlines