- Sam Houston State senior running back Timothy Flanders has accepted an invite to play in the East-West Shrine Game, the longest running college all-star game in the country. The game is set for Jan. 18, 2014 at 3 p.m. and will be broadcast on NFL Network.
- Paced by outstanding performances by the Bearkat special teams, the 2013 Sam Houston football team finished the season ranked among the top 25 in the FCS national statistics is 16 categories.
- Southeastern Louisiana marched 85 yards downfield in 45 seconds to convert on a game-winning drive against Sam Houston State on Saturday. The Lions defeated the Bearkats 30-29 to advance to the quarterfinal round against New Hampshire.
- Terrance Motley scored 14 points and Jabari Peters added 13 to lead Sam Houston to a 67-55 victory over Towson Saturday in Sam Houston’s second game at the E-Tech Lumberjack Classic hosted by Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches.
- Jabari Peters scored 21 points including a three-pointer with 14 seconds remaining that gave Sam Houston a 77-76 men’s basketball victory over James Madison on the first night of the E-Tech Lumberjack Classic Friday.
- Timothy Flanders rushed for 152 yards and two fourth quarter touchdowns as Sam Houston St defeated Southern Utah 51-20 in the first round of the FCS playoffs. The Bearkats will face SE Louisiana (10-2) in the second round.
- Nyha Carter hit two free throws with seven seconds remaining for the winning points as the Sam Houston women extended their winning streak to five with a 78-76 victory over Missouri-Kansas City Friday afternoon.
- Angela Beadle scored a career high 30 points and pulled down 16 rebounds to lead the Sam Houston women to a 79-74 overtime victory over Rice in a non-conference road basketball game.
Matthews Earns SEC’s Jacobs Blocking Trophy The Southeastern Conference on Wednesday announced its 2013 football individual awards and Texas A&M senior offensive lineman Jake Matthews was awarded the Jacobs Blocking Trophy.