- Led by first-team selection Anthony Azar, the Bearkats placed three student-athletes on the Southland Conference baseball All-Academic team. Sophomore Tyler Eppler and junior Luke Plucheck made the second team.
- Sam Houston State senior Tori Benavidez has been named the Southland Conference Softball Student-Athlete of the Year, the league office announced Tuesday in conjunction with the release of the All-Academic Softball Teams.
- Fresh off of playing in an NCAA Regional in Baton Rouge, several Bearkats will compete in collegiate wooden bat leagues this summer. The 20 Kats are scattered through five states with one playing in Ontario, Canada.
- Charles White finished 22nd in the 2013 NCAA men’s triple jump Saturday afternoon at the 2013 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field championships at historic Hayward Stadium in Eugene, Oregon.
- Back-to-back Southland Conference Championships and at-large selections to the NCAA Regionals easily place the 2012 and 2013 Sam Houston baseball teams among the most successful ever.
- Competition in the 2013 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field championships begins Wednesday at historic Hayward Stadium in Eugene, Oregon.
Sam Houston’s two entrants will book end the championships as Matt Johnson starts action in the decathlon Wednesday morning and Charles White will compete in one of the final events on Saturday in the triple jump.
- Matt Plitt pitched six strong innings of relief, Caleb Adams hit a pair of two-run homers, and Louisiana-Lafayette eliminated Sam Houston State from the NCAA tournament with a 7-5 victory in the Baton Rouge regional Sunday.
- Sam Houston (37-20) has hopes of building on last season’s success at the Houston Regional where the Kats made to the finals and fell to eventual College World Series participant Arkansas.