- Jennifer O'Neill scored a career-high 43 points, including the go-ahead basket in the fourth overtime, and No. 5 Kentucky beat No. 9 Baylor 133-130 on Friday night in the highest-scoring Division I women's game in history.
- Former conference foes and longtime rivals Texas A&M and No. 1 seed Texas will clash in the second round of the NCAA Women’s Volleyball Championship tonight at 7 p.m. at Gregory Gym.
- Marcus Foster and Thomas Gipson scored 15 points each to lead Kansas State, and Marshall Henderson's go-ahead 3-point try with 2 seconds left missed everything, allowing the Wildcats to hang on for a 61-58 victory over Mississippi Thursday night.
- Missouri athletic director Mike Alden addressed the likelihood coach Gary Pinkel will be sought for the Washington opening, raising the possibility of a contract extension after the season.
- LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette says freshman football player Jeryl Brazil, who's had several run-ins with the law since September, has been dismissed from the team by coach Les Miles.
- Florida State and Ohio State are in position to play for the BCS national championship, though Auburn and Missouri are close enough behind in the BCS standings to put pressure on the Buckeyes.