ATLANTA, GA.---- The first ever SEC BeachFest, to be held August 23 through August 26 along the Alabama Gulf Coast in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, is announcing some new details about this groundbreaking celebration of Southeastern Conference football. National Championship winning SEC head coaches Nick Saban of Alabama, Gene Chizik of Auburn and Les Miles of LSU will be in attendance to rally SEC fans one last time before the 2012 season kickoff. The coaches will each partake in unique town hall discussions with fans and ESPNU talent, all set along Alabama’s white sand beaches. The event is being produced by Atlanta-based sports marketing agency MELT and FishBait Marketing of Charleston, South Carolina in conjunction with Venture Group of Gulf Shores, Ala., and Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism (CVB).
“We are excited to see all the elements of this action-packed weekend develop over the last few months and are eager to welcome SEC families to our beachfront for a preview of the official kick-off of the football season,” said Herb Malone, President/CEO of the CVB. “This event showcases what SEC families truly mean to our destination.”
The SEC BeachFest is the first event of its kind in collegiate sports. Gulf Shores and Orange Beach is set to become the backdrop for a weekend of Southeastern Conference family fun during the last weekend before the excitement of SEC football begins. Legendary players will also be in attendance to mingle with fans and alumni alike, and fans will have a chance to claim an SEC Championship of their own while representing their school in the inaugural SEC Golf Scramble.
Plans for the SEC BeachFest Include:
· Coaches Appearances- Current and retired SEC championship coaches will appear throughout the festival and will partake in an interactive Q&A with fans leading up to the new season.
· Current coach appearances include Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban, Auburn Head Coach Gene Chizik and LSU Head Coach Les Miles.
· Retired coach appearances include Pat Dye of Auburn, Gene Stallings of Alabama, and Vince Dooley of Georgia and Phillip Fulmer of Tennessee.
· ESPNU will host their SEC preview show from Gulf Shores, and broadcast talent will host events along the beach.
· The Coaches Trophy Presented by Dr. Pepper will be on display for fan photographs.
· Live music featuring legendary Southern performers the B-52s and Dr. John.
· SEC Alumni Golf Scramble Challenge- Join your favorite college friends and golfers to compete on behalf of your school for great prizes at some of the Gulf Coast’s most picturesque golf courses.
· FanZone fueled by BP will include family and kids’ activities like a sand castle building competition, sports clinics with Legendary SEC Coaches, beach games, beach volleyball, touch football with SEC legends, a 5k run and one-mile fun run and waffle breakfast.
· Other activities that weekend will include a concert at The Wharf.
“SEC Families visiting the area for this weekend will find a variety of activities for all ages and are certain to find more reasons why they love visiting Alabama’s Gulf Coast,” Malone added.
The SEC BeachFest is part of a larger collaborative effort between the State of Alabama Tourism, Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism (CVB), the cities of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, and BP to promote family friendly tourism along Alabama’s white sand beaches.
In July of 2011, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism became an official sponsor or the Southeastern Conference. Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism (CVB) announced the 2012 SEC BeachFest in March at the SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament.The event was also promoted at the Hangout Music Fest and SEC Baseball Tournament and will be featured at other exciting events throughout the summer.
The activities will take place at various locations in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama. Local merchants, restaurants and lodging providers will also be included in the festival. Tickets for the weekend are $25 and are available at www.secbeachfest.com or through participating merchant partner promotions.
More information can be found online at www.secbeachfest.com.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.