OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Romero Osby scored 19 points, Cameron Clark added a season-high 17 points off the bench and Oklahoma beat former Big 12 rival Texas A&M 64-54 on Saturday in the All-College Classic.
Clark scored from the left block and then finished off a fast break with a finger roll to send Oklahoma (7-2) on a decisive 15-3 run midway through the second half. Osby finished it off with a two-handed dunk off of Steven Pledger's alley-oop to give the Sooners a 56-44 edge with 6:18 remaining.
Elston Turner led Texas A&M (7-2) with 17 points and Ray Turner scored 12. The Aggies matched their season high with 19 turnovers, including on four of five possessions after they'd rallied to tie it at 41. That allowed Oklahoma to take control for good.
Texas A&M Basketball
Oklahoma 64, Texas A&M 54
Dec. 15, 2012 ● Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M fell to 7-2 on the season, while the Sooners improved to 7-2.
● The all-time series between the former Big 12 Conference partners now stands at 30-10 in favor of Oklahoma.
● The Aggies were guilty of a season high-tying 19 turnovers which led to 20 Oklahoma points.
● For the game, A&M shot 20-of-50 (.400), while Oklahoma hit 21-of-54 shots from the field (.389).
● Senior guard Elston Turner led the Aggie in scoring with 17 points on the night … he made 6-of-13 shots from the field to extend his streak of scoring in double digits to nine games this season.
● Fellow senior Ray Turner also turned in a double-digit scoring afternoon, finishing with 12 points on 5-of-10 shooting.
● Junior forward Andrew Young collected a season-high 10 rebounds in the loss.
● The Sooner featured four players in double figures, led by senior forward Romero Osby’s game-high 19 points.
FIRST HALF NOTES
● Oklahoma held a one-point advantage at the intermission, 28-27.
● Elston Turner and Oklahoma’s Buddy Hield tied for top scoring honors in the opening period as each player contributed 10 points to his team’s effort … Turner was 4-of-7 from the floor and 2-of-3 from beyond the 3-point arc.
● Texas A&M shot 41.7 percent from the floor in the opening period … Oklahoma, meanwhile, was 8-of-23 from the floor (34.8 percent).
● The Sooner made 9-of-10 free throw attempts in the period, while the Aggies attempts were 4-of-6 from the charity stripe.
SECOND HALF NOTES
● The Sooners outscored the Aggies 36-27 during the second half and were aided by 11 A&M turnovers.
● Elston Turner led the Aggies with seven points after the intermission.
● The Aggie shot 10-of-26 (.385) during the second half while the Sooners made 13-of-31 second half field goal attempts (.419).
● The Aggies return to the Reed Arena for their next contest, which will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 18, when Texas A&M hosts Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at 6 p.m.
● Oklahoma, meanwhile, will also return home to play on Dec. 18. Facing Stephen. F. Austin in Norman, Okla.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.