PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Alex Bregman • LSU
Freshman • SS • Albuquerque, N.M.
• Bregman hit a remarkable .632 (12-for-19) in the Tigers’ four wins last week with two doubles, three RBI and six runs scored … he collected three hits in each of the Tigers’ four games, including a three-game SEC sweep of Auburn … Recorded two stolen bases and posted a .650 on-base percentage … he delivered the game-winning, walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the 13th inning Wednesday in the Tigers’ 2-1 victory over Northwestern State.
• Bregman hit a sizzling .692 (9-for-13) in the Auburn series with one double, two RBI, five runs scored, two steals and a .714 OBP.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Ryne Stanek • Arkansas
Junior • RHP • Overland Park, Kan.
• Stanek worked the second complete game of his collegiate career to lead Arkansas to the series-clinching win over South Carolina on Saturday … The Razorbacks went on to sweep the three-game series against the Gamecocks, becoming the first SEC team to sweep a three-game series in Columbia since 1999 … Stanek only allowed two unearned runs on three hits and struck out a season-high seven batters in his complete game effort.
• The three hits allowed were the fewest by an Arkansas pitcher in a complete game performance since Brett Eibner in 2009 … Opened the game by retiring the first eight batters he faced.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Matt Kent • Texas A&M
LHP • Waco, Texas
• fThe Rebel assault already chased two A&M pitchers from the contest when the Aggie freshman entered the game to start the bottom of the second.
• The southpaw worked 5.0 scoreless frames, holding Ole Miss to three hits and one walk while striking out three.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.