SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Tennessee
6-2 • Jr. • Bartlett, Ill.
• Averaged 5.17 points, 4.58 kills and 2.83 digs per set in three matches for Tennessee. Named to the Comcast Lady Vol Classic All-Tournament Team for her efforts
•Posted double-doubles in two of three decisions last week, including a career-high 29 kills and 14 digs in a win over No. 10 Iowa State. Robinson also tied her career-high in service aces (five) in the victory over the Cyclones
•Recorded 14 kills and 12 digs in a win over Cincinnati
•Totaled 55 kills, 34 digs and 10 assists in 12 sets last week
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Kentucky
6-1 • Jr. • Birmingham, Ala.
• Posted a league-high 16 blocks in an undefeated week for the Wildcats
• Helped limit UK opponents to a .120 attack-percentage. Kentucky defeated 2011 NCAA Tournament teams Long Beach State and North Carolina over the weekend, a pair of teams on the cusp of the AVCA coaches poll
• Averaged 1.33 blocks per set, leading UK to a league-high 3.46 blocks per set
• Named to the Kentucky Classic All-Tournament Team
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Libero, Mississippi State
5-9 • Magnolia, Texas
• Dug out 88 balls in a 2-1 week for the Bulldogs for an average of 7.33 digs per set. Also posted 10 assists for a 0.83 aps average
• Set a new school record with 42 digs versus Kennesaw State. The mark shattered the 21-year old record of 39 digs set by Shauna Owens in 1991
• Leads the conference in digs per set
• Named to the Maroon Classic All-Tournament Team
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• Lisa Henning (OH, Missouri) – Averaged 5.00 points and 4.38 kills per set in a 3-1 week for the Tigers
• Lindsey Miller (MB, Texas A&M) – Hit .525 for the week, averaged 4.25 points per set
• Chloe Mann (MB, Florida) – Named MVP of Campus USA Credit Union Invitational, hit .452 on the weekend with 42 kills
• Roslandy Acosta (OH, Arkansas) – Named MVP of the Arkansas Invitational, averaged 4.05 points per set
• Megan Pendergast (L, Texas A&M) – Posted 21 digs against No. 5 Southern California
• Ashley Veach (L, Ole Miss) – Had 30 digs in a five-set loss to Miami (Fla.)
• Sarah Wroblicky (L, Auburn) – Totaled 61 digs in a 3-0 week for Auburn
• Yukie Futami (L, Alabama) – Recorded 62 digs in the Beanpot Classic
• Elena Perri (MB, Georgia) – Posted 15 of Georgia’s 30 blocks on the weekend
• Sierra Wilson (S, Alabama) – Averaged 11.33 assists per set in a 2-1 week for Alabama
• Taylor Scott (OH, Mississippi State) – Posted a pair of double-doubles in the Maroon Classic
• Christina Vereb (OPP, South Carolina) – Had 11 kills, four blocks and a .450 attack percentage in a win over ETSU
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.