SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • Sr. • Delano, Minn.
• Guided Missouri to a 4-0 week; the Tigers hit .351 as a team and averaged nearly 15 kills per set at 14.92
• Named Yale Invitational MVP; helped Mizzou pick up three wins against teams that won their conference in 2012 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament
• Averaged 12.38 assists and 2.38 digs per set last week to go along with a .375 attack percentage
• Helped the Tigers improve to 8-0, its best start since 2005
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-6 • Sr. • Queen Creek, Ariz.
• Paced Arkansas’ defense behind the block against Oklahoma and Kansas, a pair of teams receiving votes in the AVCA Coaches Poll
• Equaled her career best with a match-high 27 digs in the first of two five setters against Kansas
• Tallied 69 digs over three matches, good for 5.31 digs per set
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, LSU
6-0 • DeSoto, Texas
• Named Rice Invitational Tournament MVP
• Averaged 3.90 kills and 1.50 blocks per set with a .508 hitting percentage playing in only three rotations
• Posted a double-double of 15 kills and an SEC-high 10 blocks vs. Rice
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
· • Allie Sawatzky (S, Texas A&M) – Recorded the team’s first triple-double of the season and the third of her career (10 kills, 48 assists and a career-high 16 digs) against UTSA
· • Simone Antwi (MB, Florida) – Had career day against No. 2 Stanford, hitting .706 for 13 kills in Florida’s upset victory
• Meredith Hays (OH, Arkansas) – Registered 22 kills and nine assists in a five-set win at Kansas
• Morgan Bergren (S, Kentucky) – Earned Kentucky Classic All-Tournament team honors; directed the UK offense to 13.5 kills per set and a .223 hitting clip
• Lauren Teknipp (MB, Georgia) – Averaged 3.42 points per game last week; committed just three errors in 37 attempts
• Ellen Mullins (L, Tennessee) – Named MVP of the Country Inn & Suites Invitational; scooped 98 digs over the weekend (7.00 dps average)
• Nakeyta Clair (MB, Ole Miss) – Earned Magnolia Invitational All-Team honors; posted nine block assists vs. Arkansas State, tying the single-match program record
• Taylor Unroe (L, Florida) – Averaged 4.50 digs and 0.90 assists per set last week; had a season-high five assists against No. 2 Stanford
• Kelsey Kinley (L, Texas A&M) – Posted double figures in digs in all three matches for TA&M; led the Aggies with 4.45 digs per set last week
• Sarah Meister (L, Missouri) – Converted 72 of her 76 service receptions; averaged 4.00 digs per set in an undefeated week for Mizzou
• Jackie Napper (L, Kentucky) – Named MVP of the Kentucky Classic; averaged 3.91 digs and 1.64 assists per set last week
• Roxanne McVey (L, Mississippi State) – Tallied 25 digs in a five-set loss to Tulsa at the Baylor Classic
• Haley Smith (L, LSU) – Took over the libero position in LSU’s last two matches at the Rice Invitational; averaged 4.40 digs per set which included a career-best 24 scoops vs. Rice
• Kimmy Gardiner (OPP, Mississippi State) – Tallied a career-high 20 kills to go along with 14 digs in a four-set loss to Baylor
• Jamie Lea (OH, Tennessee) – Averaged 4.79 kills, 1.36 digs and 0.93 blocks per set in a 4-0 week for UT
• Krystal Rivers (MB, Alabama) – Recorded a career-high 21 kills with a .731 hitting-percentage against UNC-Wilmington
• Cati Leak (OH, LSU) – Paced LSU’s offense with 4.67 kills per set and is tied for the SEC lead with four double-doubles
• Carly Kan (OH, Missouri) – Tallied 16 kills on .424 hitting while converting 17 of her 18 service receptions in a four-set win at Yale
• Anni Thomasson (OH, Kentucky) – Had a career-high 12 kills on a .435 hitting-clip vs. Liberty; ranked third on the squad with 2.18 digs per set
• Tirah Le’au (OH, Georgia) – Tied for the team-high in blocks with five; had seven kills, four blocks and three digs vs. No. 13 Nebraska
• Sarah Wroblicky (L, Auburn) – Named to the Active Ankle Challenge All-Tournament Team; had 15 digs, six assists and two service aces in four-set win over Troy
• Stephanie Campbell (MB, Auburn) – Assisted on 10 blocks over the weekend, including a season-high five in the win over Troy
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.