SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Aug. 27 – Sept. 2)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Missouri
6-1 • Jr. • Blue Springs, Mo.
•Averaged 5.67 points, 1.22 blocks and 0.67 aces per set in an undefeated week for Missouri in which the Tigers swept all of their opponents
•Posted 17 kills in a 3-0 win over Houston; just missed a double-double with nine digs against the Cougars. Named to the Lipscomb Invitational All-Tournament Team for her efforts
•Recorded 29 digs over the weekend for an average of 3.22 scoops per set, the second-highest total on the team behind libero Jade Hayes
•After the weekend, Henning currently ranks second in the SEC in points per set (5.27) and third in kills per set (4.32)
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Libero/Defensive Specialist, Arkansas
5-6 • Jr. • Queen Creek, Ariz.
• Posted 20 or more digs in half of Arkansas’ matches; as the Razorback primary passer, helped set up the Razorback offense that hit .293 during the week
• Recorded a match-high 22 digs in a straight-set win over Tulsa
• Had 24 digs in a loss to then No. 22 Michigan
• Totaled 60 digs in four matches last week; also recorded 14 assists for an average of 1.00 per set
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Florida
6-0 • Kocevje, Slovenia
• Had 22 kills and five digs versus No. 2 Texas; also hit .475 against the Longhorns, the highest hitting percentage by a freshman in a 3-set match in UF history
• Averaged 5.64 points and 5.29 kills per set in two matches last week
• Recorded 15 kills, four digs and a pair of blocks against No. 9 Stanford
• Named to the Nike Big Four Classic All-Tournament Team
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Averaged 5.54 points and 4.93 kills per set in a 2-1 week for the Lady Vols
• Mary Pollmiller (S, Tennessee) – Recorded her first-career triple-double (49 assists, 14 digs, 11 kills) in a five-set win at Wichita State
• Juliette Thevenin (OH, South Carolina) – Named MVP of the Mason Inn Patriot Invitational; led the Gamecocks with a 4.27 kills per set average over the weekend
• Jasmine Norton (OH, Arkansas) – Recorded 19 kills and a career-high 24 digs in a five-set loss to then No. 22 Michigan
• Kara Morgan (OH, Ole Miss) – Had 20 kills and 16 digs in a five-set win over Xavier
• Whitney Billings (OH/RS, Kentucky) – Averaged 3.69 points and 2.23 digs per set in a 2-2 week for UK
• Katherine Culwell (OH, Auburn) – Named MVP of the War Eagle Invitational; led AU with 3.65 points per set over the weekend
• Andrea McQuaid (OH, Alabama) – Averaged 3.08 kills per set with a .410 hitting percentage; named MVP of the Elon Phoenix Classic
• Ashley Veach (L, Ole Miss) – Posted a career-high 37 digs in a 3-2 win over Xavier
• Paige Wheeler (DS/L, South Carolina) – Averaged 4.92 digs per set in four matches over the weekend
• Elena Perri (MB, Georgia) – Led the team in blocks for the second-consecutive week; posted 14 of Georgia’s 32 total blocks
• Sierra Wilson (S, Alabama) – Averaged 11.75 assists per set in four matches last week
• Heather Reynolds (OH, Texas A&M) – Named to the Yale Classic All-Tournament Team; Led A&M with 4.40 digs per set while hitting .393
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.