SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Sept. 10 – Sept. 16)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, South Carolina
6-2 • Jr. • Mont-sur-Marchienne, Belgium
•Averaged 5.00 kills per set, best in the league during the first week of conference play
•Powered the Gamecocks to a 2-0 start in SEC play. South Carolina extended its season-opening win streak to a program-best 13 matches, breaking the 1983 team’s 12-0 start for the new record
•Posted a match-best 22 kills in a win over LSU; also had 11 digs and 33 serve receptions without an error
•Tallied 18 kills, five digs and two aces in a sweep over Georgia
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-7 • So. • Muncie, Ind.
• Averaged 5.12 digs per set as Florida moved to 2-0 in conference play
• Scooped a career high 24 digs on the road at Arkansas; also registered a career high five assists
• Posted 17 digs in the Gators’ sweep over Kentucky; totaled 41 total digs over the weekend
• Had a perfect serve receive percentage on the weekend
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
5-10 • Anaheim, Calif.
• Had 35 assists (11.66 aps), seven digs, three kills and three block assists in a sweep over LSU, helping Alabama snap an 11-match losing streak to the Tigers
• Added 35 assists to go along with eight digs and a pair of kills in a four-set loss to Tennessee
• Averaged 10.36 assists per set, and added seven kills, 22 digs (2.00 dps) and four blocks in a 2-1 week for Alabama
• Tallied 114 of the Tide’s 130 assists in the three matches
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Posted her fourth career 20-20 match (23 kills, 24 digs) in a five set loss at Missouri
• Lisa Henning (OH, Missouri) – Averaged 4.88 kills per set over two matches on .299 hitting while averaging 2.50 digs per set
• Mary Pollmiller (S, Tennessee) – Tallied her fourth double-double of the season (46 assists, 12 digs) in a win over Alabama
• Allie Sawatzky (S, Texas A&M) – Averaged 10.86 assists, 2.57 kills and 2.0 digs per set to lead A&M to a 2-0 start in SEC play
• Katherine Culwell (OH, Auburn) – Had 20 kills and seven digs versus Texas A&M
• Kayla Fitterer (OH, Alabama) – Had a season-high 19 kills with a .436 hitting percentage in a win over LSU
• Briana Bahr (RS, Georgia) – Had 16 kills in a win over Mississippi State, one kill shy of her career-high
• Kara Morgan (OH, Ole Miss) – Tallied 11 kills, seven digs and three assists in a road match at Missouri
• Betsy Smith (MB, Florida) - Hit .444 with 10 kills and added two blocks in a sweep over Kentucky
• Sarah Meister (L, Missouri) - Averaged 4.62 digs per set as Missouri moved to 2-0 in conference play
• Darian Dozier (MB, South Carolina) - Hit .412 (9-2-17) and had a career-best five blocks in a win over LSU
• Elena Perri (MB, Georgia) – Averaged 1.86 blocks per set in a 1-1 week for Georgia
• Živa Recek (OH, Florida) - Notched her second career double-double at Arkansas (13 kills, 15 digs – career high)
• Cristina Arenas (L, Alabama) – Averaged 4.0 digs per set in a 2-1 week for the Tide
• Liz Fortado (OPP, Arkansas) – Had 11 kills and three blocks in a 3-2 loss to Florida
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.