SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Oct. 15 – Oct. 21)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Florida
6-2 • Jr. • Gainesville, Fla.
• Led Florida in kills as UF won a pair of SEC matches on the road; hit .566 over the weekend
• Opened the weekend hitting .750 with 13 kills (13-1-16) in the Gators’ 3-0 sweep at Alabama
• Recorded 19 kills on 37 swings in Florida’s come from behind win at Texas A&M; hit .486 (19-1-37) and added six blocks versus the Aggies
• Committed just two hitting errors on the weekend
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-9 • Sr. • Frisco, Texas
• Recorded a career-high 40 digs in LSU’s 3-1 win at Auburn; the 40 digs were the second-most in program history for a single match
• Added 13 digs over three sets at Kentucky; has notched double digit scoops in five straight matches since returning to the libero role
• Averaged 7.57 digs per set in a 1-1 week for the Tigers
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Ole Miss
6-1 • Country Club Hills, Ill.
• Averaged 3.86 kills and 2.14 blocks per set while hitting .595 in a 2-0 week for Ole Miss
• Had 13 kills, seven blocks and a career-high attack percentage (.706) against Missouri; committed just one error on 17 attempts in the win over the Tigers
• Tallied a career and match-high 14 kills in a sweep over South Carolina; added a career-high eight blocks versus the Gamecocks
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• Raymariely Santos (S, Arkansas) – Had 33 assists and a match-high 15 digs in Arkansas’ win at Kentucky; helped the Razorbacks snap a 10-match skid vs. UK
• Lisa Henning (OH, Missouri) – Posted a career-best 27 kills in a five-set win at Auburn on Sunday; hit .310 versus AU
• Mary Pollmiller (S, Tennessee) – Led the Lady Vols to a 3-0 sweep at Texas A&M with an average of 15.33 assists per set
• Tori Mellinger (OH, Texas A&M) – Tied her career high and led A&M with 18 kills against No. 11 Florida
• Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Had 14 kills and nine digs at Texas A&M; became the fifth Lady Vol in program history to join the 1,000-kill, 1,000-dig club
• Sarah Bullock (OH, Auburn) - Had 35 kills (3.89/set) and 43 digs (4.78/set) in weekend's matches against LSU and Missouri
• Tirah Le’au (OH/RS, Georgia) - Led the team over two matches last week with 23 kills, averaging 3.29 kills per set
• Madie Jones (OH/RS, LSU) – Became the 19th player in program history to surpass 1,000 career kills with a team-high 11 spikes at Kentucky
• Whitney Billings (OH, Kentucky) – Averaged 4.17 kills, 3.67 digs and 1.33 blocks per set in a 1-1 week for UK
• Amanda Philpot (S, Ole Miss) - Had a team- and career-high 22 digs in a sweep over South Carolina
• Emily Helm (L/DS, Arkansas) – Averaged 4.83 digs per set over a weekend in which Arkansas posted straight-set victories at Kentucky and Mississippi State
• Sarah Meister (L, Missouri) – Averaged 4.22 digs per set; posted 22 digs in a win at Auburn
• Tangerine Wiggs (RS, Florida) – Blocked eight shots last week, including six in Florida’s win at Texas A&M
• Sam Delahoussaye (DS, LSU) – Played in all 113 matches of her career; one of 13 members of LSU’s 1,000 career digs club
• Elena Perri (MB, Georgia) – Hit .440 in a 1-1 week; had a team-high three blocks vs. Alabama
• Ellen Mullins (L, Tennessee) – Had 18 digs in a 3-0 win at Texas A&M
• Liz Fortado (OPP, Arkansas) – Averaged 3.00 kills per set; hit .484 as Arkansas’ top hitter over the weekend
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.