SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Oct. 22 – Oct. 28)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-11 • Sr. • St. Charles, Ill.
• In a come from behind win at Tennessee, Hartmann totaled a career-high nine kills on a career-high .562 hitting percentage while recording her second-straight double-double effort with 52 assists and 11 digs
• Directed the UK offense to a .244 hitting clip vs. UT and found four players for 10 or more kills for the first time this season
• In a win at Georgia, Hartmann led the Wildcat defensive effort with a career-high 19 digs while logging her third consecutive double-double. She dished out 58 assists (one shy of a career-high) and notched four blocks
• For the second-straight match, she found four players for 10 or more kills in the win over the Bulldogs. Hartmann also led the Kentucky offense to a .338 attack percentage vs. UG, the best team hitting clip in a five-set match this season in SEC play
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, UT
6-4 • R-Sr. • Nashville, Tenn.
• Blocked 13 blocks over the weekend, including eight against Kentucky on Friday
• Averaged 1.62 blocks and 0.50 digs per set while hitting .333 in a 1-1 week for UT
• Totaled 17 kills on the offensive end for a 2.12 kills per set average
SEC CO-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Georgia
6-1 • Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
• Hit .459 for the week, including a career-best .688 (11-0-16) in a sweep of Missouri; added four assists, three digs and three blocks vs. the Tigers
• Tallied nine kills, six digs and two blocks in a five-set loss to Kentucky
SEC CO-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Florida
6-0 • Kočevje, Slovenia
• Had 16 kills and 15 digs in a 3-0 loss at No. 12 Florida State; led UF in kills against the Seminoles while turning in her fourth career double-double and tying her career high in digs
• Averaged 3.83 kills and 2.50 digs per set for the week
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
· • Lindsey Miller (MB, Texas A&M) – Posted double-figure kills in both matches while hitting at a .511 clip for the week to lead Texas A&M to a 2-0 record on the road
• Tangerine Wiggs (MB, Florida) – Set the new Florida single match record for hitting percentage (.929) against Mississippi State
• Sarah Bullock (OH, Auburn) – Averaged 4.83 kills and 4.50 digs per set as Auburn swept both its opponents on the road in SEC play
• Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Recorded back-to-back double-doubles vs. Kentucky (17 kills, 12 digs) and Alabama (13 kills, 12 digs)
• Jasmine Norton (OH, Arkansas) – Posted 19 kills and 21 digs, a season-high, in a win over Alabama
• Tiffany Baker (OH, Tennessee) – Hit .368 for the week as UT split a pair of matches
• Lauren Teknipp (MB, Georgia) – Had 11 kills and three digs while hitting .500 in a sweep of Missouri
• Tori Mellinger (OH, Texas A&M) – Tied her career-high with 19 digs in a win at LSU; was 100% on serve receptions as the team’s primary passer
• Chloe Mann (MB, Florida) – Blocked eight shots on the weekend; led the Gators in blocks in both matches
• Ellen Mullins (L, Tennessee) – Averaged 5.25 digs and 0.75 assists per set last week
• Briana Bahr (RS, Georgia) – Led all Georgia players with nine blocks over two matches, including six against Kentucky
• Desiree Elliott (MB, LSU) – Turned in 4.29 kills and 1.29 blocks per set last week; had a season’s best 22 kills versus Texas A&M
• Meghan Mannari (L, LSU) – Posted 4.57 digs per set last week; moved into 10th place on LSU’s all-time digs list
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.