SEC VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Sept. 17 – Sept. 23)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Missouri
6-3 • So. • Keller, Texas
• Averaged 5.57 points, 3.57 kills and 2.43 blocks per set while hitting .411 in road matches at No. 13 Florida and LSU
•Posted 10 kills, 10 blocks and a pair of digs on .364 hitting at No. 13 Florida
•Tallied 21.5 total points, a career-best, while hitting .441 in the win at LSU (15 kills, seven blocks, one ace, one dig)
•Ranks second in SEC play in hitting (.414) and first in blocks per set (1.93)
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Arkansas
6-0 • Sr. • Salinas, Puerto Rico
• Averaged 1.57 blocks per set in a 2-0 week for Arkansas; added 16 kills while hitting .419 in seven sets over the weekend
• In Arkansas’ four-set win at No. 21 Tennessee, the Razorbacks’ first win over the Lady Vols since 2007, Torres-Lopez registered seven blocks and helped anchor the Razorback defense in holding the Lady Volunteers to a .150 hitting percentage
• Posted four blocks in a straight-set win at Georgia; helped limit the Bulldog attack to a .068 hitting percentage
• Torres-Lopez ranks third in conference play in blocks (1.25 bps) and fourth in hitting percentage (.400)
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Defensive Specialist, LSU
5-4 • Meraux, La.
• After picking up 23 digs in her first eight appearances, Smith posted 36 scoops as LSU split its matches versus Eastern Division foes Kentucky and Missouri
• Averaged 4.00 digs per set, nearly double her season total and was a perfect 32-for-32 in her reception attempts
• Posted a career-high 18 digs during LSU’s five-set win over Kentucky; she followed that up with another 18-scoop effort against Missouri
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• Sarah Bullock (OH, Auburn) – Became fifth player in Auburn history with 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs; totaled 20 kills and 13 digs while hitting .391 in a 3-1 win over South Carolina
• Whitney Billings (RS, Kentucky) – Recorded 16 kills, 16 digs and six blocks in a 3-2 win at Texas A&M
• Raymariely Santos (S, Arkansas) – Posted her eighth double-double of the season (38 assists, 11 digs) in a win at No. 21 Tennessee
• Kelsey Robinson (OH, Tennessee) – Notched her third 20-20 match of the season (21 kills, 22 digs) in a 3-1 win over South Carolina
• Amanda Philpot (S, Ole Miss) – Recorded her second triple-double of the season (10 kills, 40 assists, 12 digs) in a four-set win over Mississippi State
• Tori Mellinger (OH, Texas A&M) – Had a career-high 18 kills to go along with 15 digs vs. Kentucky
• Briana Bahr (RS, Georgia) – Had 14 kills and four blocks in 3-2 win over Alabama
• Stephanie Klefot (L, Kentucky) – Had a career-high 29 digs at LSU; moved into second place on the UK all-time career digs list
• Courtney McDonald (MB, Auburn) – Averaged 2.00 kills and 1.38 blocks per set in a 2-0 week for Auburn
• Sarah Meister (L, Missouri) – Averaged 5.29 digs and 0.57 assists per set in a pair of road matches
• Ashley Veach (L, Ole Miss) – Tallied 24 digs (6.00 per set) in a four-set win over Mississippi State
• Sam Delahoussaye (L, LSU) – Averaged 5.22 digs per set in a 1-1 week for LSU
• Jasmine Eatmon (MB, Georgia) – Had six kills, six digs and six blocks in a win over Alabama
• Taylor Unroe (L, Florida) – Registered 15 digs (5.00 per set) in a sweep over Missouri
• Megan Pendergast (L, Texas A&M) – Posted a season-high 22 digs in a 3-2 loss to Kentucky
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.