Texas A&M 45, at Arkansas 33
About the WIN...
• Tonight’s win was the 50th of Kevin Sumlin’s six-year career (35-19 at Houston, 15-3 at Texas A&M).
• The Aggies notched their first SEC win of 2013 with a 45-33 win over the Razorbacks.
• It was A&M’s second straight win over Arkansas and fourth straight win over the Hogs as members of the same conference.
• It was Texas A&M’s ninth straight win away from Kyle Field, which is second-longest road streak in school history. Only a 10-game streak from 1939-40 is longer.
• Head coach Kevin Sumlin’s personal road winning streak improved to 14 straight games, dating back to a loss to Texas Tech in the regular season finale in 2010.
Another 40+ gAME
• Tonight’s 45-point scoring outburst was the Aggies’ eighth-straight game with 40 or more points, which is easily a school record and is the most in the FBS. A&M has scored 40+ in every game in 2013 and the last three games of 2012.
Another 400+ gAME
• Tonight’s 523-yard total marked A&M’s 17th straight game with 400 or more total yards, which is easily a school record and is the second-longest streak in FBS. It was A&M’s fourth straight 500+ effort.
• A&M scored TDs on its first two possessions for the third straight game. A&M scored on the first drive of the game for the fourth straight contest.
• Johnny Manziel became the eighth Aggie to pass for 5,000 career yards.
• Manziel generated 320 total yards, marking the 15th 300-yard plus game of his career and the fourth straight.
• A&M has scored first in 17-of-18 games under Kevin Sumlin.
• A&M has scored on its first drive 15 times in 18 games under Sumlin, with 14 TDs
• Derel Walker established a new career high in catches and receiving yards with 6 for 72
• Manziel’s second TD pass of the first half was the 40th of his career (18 games)…He is the seventh Aggie to throw 40 TDs or more.
• Sophomore WR Mike Evans had six catches for 116 yards and two TDs, marking his third 100-yard game of 2013 and the sixth of his career. On the first play of the game, he reeled in a 49-yard catch, which was the 10th 30-yard plus catch for Evans in 2013. It also means that he now has at least one catch on the first drive of the game in 10 of 18 career games.
• Evans’ final catch of the night was the 110 of his career, which puts him in a tie for No. 7 in school history with Keith Woodside.
• On a scoring drive by the Aggies in the third quarter, all nine plays were rushes by running backs (no passes, no rushes by Manziel).
• With eight tackles, true freshman Darian Claiborne became the first Aggie to lead the team in tackles twice in 2013.
• Junior DB Deshazor Everett’s 34-yard pick-six TD was the third defensive score of his career, and marked the second straight game that he reached paydirt. Last week, Everett had a 12-yard TD fumble return against SMU.
12th Man, polo, game captains
+ For the fifth straight game, sophomore defensive back Sam Moeller was the 12th Man.
+ Wearing the #90 jersey in memory of fallen teammate Polo Manukainiu was sophmore DE Gavin Stansbury (normally wears #72). Manukainiu died in a tragic car accident last summer.
+ The Aggies’ team captain representatives at the coin toss were seniors Ben Malena, Toney Hurd Jr. and Jake Matthews. A&M won the toss and elected to receive.