- Arkansas scored the go-ahead run on a squeeze bunt by Tyler Spoon in the eighth inning and tacked on two more insurance runs in the ninth to beat LSU 4-1 at the Southeastern Conference tournament on Thursday.
- The first game of the NCAA Norman Super Regional between No. 16 seed Texas A&M softball and No. 1 seed Oklahoma has been postponed and won’t be played tonight, due to field conditions.
- Conrad Gregor singled home the winning run in the bottom of the 10th inning to give Vanderbilt a 4-3 win over South Carolina Thursday in an elimination game of the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- Mikey White’s two-run single in the top of the 10th inning Thursday led seventh-seeded Alabama to a 7-5 win against sixth-seeded Ole Miss in the Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium.
- For the fifth time in program history, the 16th-seeded Texas A&M softball team will vie for a spot in the Women’s College World Series at the NCAA Super Regional level when the Aggies face No. 1 seed Oklahoma this weekend on national television.
- The Southeastern Conference and CBS announced today that the Sept. 14 football game between Texas A&M University and the University of Alabama will air nationally on CBS with kickoff slated for 2:30 p.m. central from Kyle Field in College Station.
- The 16th-seeded Texas A&M softball team will play at No. 1 seed Oklahoma in a best-of-three series at the NCAA Norman Super Regional beginning Thursday at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN, the NCAA announced tonight.