- Trey Porter drove in the go-ahead runs in the eighth inning, and Mississippi State took control of its bracket in the College World Series with a 5-4 victory over Indiana on Monday night.
- Mississippi State took the lead on Wes Rea's two-run double in the eighth inning, closer Jonathan Holder turned back two Oregon State threats, and the Bulldogs beat the Beavers 5-4 on Saturday in the opening game of the College World Series.
- A 12-match home slate, including a challenging home tournament with matches against recent NCAA Final Four participants, highlights the 29-match 2013 Texas A&M volleyball schedule, as announced by Aggie head coach Laurie Corbelli.
- Adam Frazier had more hits and two RBIs and Wes Rea hit a two-run home run and Mississippi State clinched a spot in the College World Series by winning the completion of a suspended game 6-5 against Virginia on Monday.
- Texas A&M and UTSA have agreed to a two-year football series with both games being played at Kyle Field. The first meeting is slated for Nov. 12, 2016 and the second meeting is scheduled for Nov. 2, 2019.
- Texas A&M finished in a tie for the men’s NCAA Outdoor championship as the Aggies and Florida Gators each scored 53 points. The A&M women scored 44 points to finish as the team runner-up behind Kansas on the final day of action at Hayward Field.
- Adam Frazier went 6 for 6, Hunter Renfroe was 4 for 5 and they each drove in three runs Saturday to help Mississippi State beat Virginia 11-6 in the first game of the Charlottesville super regional.