Posted: 1:37 PM
- The 16th-seeded Texas A&M softball team’s (42-18) season came to an end in the NCAA Super Regional as No. 1 seed Oklahoma (52-4) took an 8-0 five-inning win to advance to the Women’s College World Series for the eighth time in history.
- No. 1 Oklahoma (51-4) used a seven-run sixth to open up a tight game and defeat No. 16-seed Texas A&M (42-17), 10-2 in six innings, Friday evening in the NCAA Norman Super Regional opener on ESPN.
- Tyler Beede allowed two hits in 7-1/3 innings and Vanderbilt advanced to the semifinals of the Southeastern Conference baseball tournament with a 3-0 victory over Texas A&M Friday night in an elimination game.
- Texas A&M two-time All-American Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar’s collegiate career came to a close today as she fell in the NCAA Singles Championship round of 16 to defending national champion Nicole Gibbs of Stanford, 6-4, 6-4 , at the Kahn Outdoor Tennis Complex.
- The Aggie All-American duo of Junior Ore and Jackson Withrow dropped a close match to the Georgia Tech tandem of Vikram Hundal and Juan Spir, 6-4, 7-5, in the Round of 16 in the 2013 NCAA Doubles Championships being held at the Khan Outdoor Tennis Complex/Atkins Tennis Center in Urbana, Illinois.
- For the sixth consecutive year the Texas A&M men’s golf team will take aim at a National Championship when it tees off at the 2013 NCAA Men’s Golf Championship. The event gets under way Tuesday, May 28, on the Crabapple Course at Atlanta’s Capital City Club.