Posted: 9:57 AM
- The Texas A&M Aggies continue action at the SEC Tournament when they face the No. 13 Mississippi State Bulldogs on Thursday evening. The Aggies are the talk of the town after handing No. 1 Vanderbilt Commodores their first shutout loss of the season, 5-0. A&M pitchers have yielded just eight hits and one earned run in the first two games of the tournament.
- For the fifth time in program history, the 16th-seeded Texas A&M softball team will vie for a spot in the Women’s College World Series at the NCAA Super Regional level when the Aggies face No. 1 seed Oklahoma this weekend on national television.
- Texas A&M equestrian rising junior Molli Jacobs was chosen by the National Collegiate Equestrian Association (NCEA) riders to compete in the 2013 American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) Horsemanship Challenge, Nov. 20-21 in Oklahoma City.
- Less than 24 hours after capping Texas A&M’s historic national runner-up finish in the team portion of the NCAA Women’s Tennis Championship, Aggie seniors Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar and Nazari Urbina took to the courts today to begin competition in the NCAA Singles Championship at the Kahn Outdoor Tennis Complex.
- The Southeastern Conference and CBS announced today that the Sept. 14 football game between Texas A&M University and the University of Alabama will air nationally on CBS with kickoff slated for 2:30 p.m. central from Kyle Field in College Station.
- At the 2013 NCAA Men's Tennis Singles Championships, Texas A&M sophomore Jeremy Efferding lost to Greg Andrews from the University of Notre Dame, 6-4, 6-4, in the first round Wednesday at the Khan Outdoor Tennis Complex/Atkins Tennis Center in Urbana, Illinois.
- Texas A&M sophomore defender Karlie Mueller earned a spot on the United States U-20 Women’s National Team squad headed to Gavle, Sweden from May 24 to June 3 U.S. Soccer announced on Tuesday.