#24 Auburn 45, at #7 texas A&M 41
About the Game...
• The Aggies fell to 5-2 and 2-2 in the SEC.
• The Aggies are now 3-1 all-time against the Auburn Tigers.
Be Like Mike
Sophomore WR Mike Evans posted his second 200-yard-plus receiving game of the season with 287 yards and 4 touchdowns on 11 catches against Auburn.
SEC’s Top 5 Receiving Games
303 Cobi Hamilton, ARK vs. Rutgers, 2012
293 Josh Reed, LSU vs. Alabama, 2001
287 Mike Evans, A&M vs. Auburn, 2013
281 Jarius Wright, ARK vs. A&M, 2011
279 Mike Evans, A&M vs. Alabama, 2013
• Evans’ 287 yards versus the Tigers bests his previous Texas A&M record 279-yard performance against No. 1 Alabama earlier this season.
• Evans is the first Aggie with two 200-yard receiving games in his career.
• His four receiving TDs tie the school record originally set by Ryan Swope against Baylor in 2011.
• A model of consistency, Evans has had at least one 15-yard catch in every game of his career (20 games). He’s also had at least one 30-yard catch in 11-of-20 career games.
• Evans’ 1,024 yards this season ranks 4th all-time in the A&M record books for a season. With at least five games to play this season Evans looks to better his 1,105 yards a season ago (3rd most all-time).
• No. 13 is the only player in A&M history to record two 1,000-plus yard receiving seasons.
• The Galveston native’s 2,129 career yards place him fifth on the A&M career recieving yards list, trailing fourth-place Uzoma Nwachukwu (2,239 yards) by just 110 recieving yards.
Sophomore QB Johnny Manziel passed for 454 yards and four touchdowns, and rushed for 48 yards on 18 carries against Auburn.
• Manziel generated 502 total yards, which was the 10th 400-plus game of his career (fourth of 2013).
• Manziel’s 502 yards marked the fifth time he has produced 500-plus total yards in his career. Manziel is the only Aggie to ever record 500-plus yards in a game. He is the only SEC player to generate 500 yards in a game more than once.
• It was the eighth 300-yard passing game of his career (fourth of 2013), and the fourth 400-yard passing effort of his career (third of 2013).
Texas A&M took the opening kickoff and drove 67 yards for a touchdown on six plays (1:41 time of possession). The drive culminated with a 26-yard TD catch by Mike Evans from Johnny Manziel.
• The Aggies have scored first in 19-of-20 games under head coach Kevin Sumlin.
• The Aggies have scored on their opening offensive series in 17-of-20 games, including 16 touchdowns, under Sumlin.
Manziel to... Labhart?
• Former walk-on Travis Labhart continues his surprising mid-season surge with seven catches for 79 yards. Both numbers represent the second-most for the an Aggie versus Auburn.
• Labhart’s 15 grabs over the last two games match Mike Evans for most receptions over that time period.
Another 40+ gAME
• Tonight’s 41-point scoring outburst was the Aggies’ 10th-straight game with 40 or more points, which is easily a school record and is the most in the FBS. A&M has scored 40+ in every game in 2013 and the last three games of 2012.
Another 400+ gAME
• Today’s 602-yard total marked A&M’s 19th straight game with 400 or more total yards, which is easily a school record and is the second-longest streak in FBS. It was A&M’s sixth straight 500+ effort. It was the 10th 600-yard game of Sumlin’s 20 games at A&M.
12th Man, polo, captains
• For the seventh straight game, sophomore defensive back Sam Moeller was the 12th Man.
• Wearing the #90 jersey in memory of fallen teammate Polo Manukainiu was freshman Jay Arnold (normally wears #96). Manukainiu died in a tragic car accident last summer.
• The Aggies’ team captain representatives at the coin toss were seniors Ben Malena, Toney Hurd Jr. and Jake Matthews. A&M won the toss and elected to receive.