Nineteen Texas A&M swimmers and divers received Scholar All-America honors and the 2012 Big 12 Champion women’s squad received Scholar All-America team honors from the College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA).
The Aggie women’s squad, which finished sixth at the 2012 NCAA Championships, compiled a 3.13 overall grade point average to earn Scholar All-America team honors.
The Aggies achieving Individual Scholar All American awards were:
· Caroline McElhany (Friendswood, Texas)
· Maureen McLaine (Plano, Texas)
· Rita Medrano (Aguascalientes, Mexico)
· Kim Pavlin (San Antonio, Texas)
· Janie Potvin (Broussard, Quebec Canada)
· John Ariens (San Antonio, Texas)
· Amini Fonua (Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand)
· Paul-Marc Schweitzer (Boersch, France)
· John Wagner (Houston, Texas)
The Aggies achieving Individual Honorable Mention Scholar All American awards were:
· Kelli Benjamin (Gilbert, Arizona)
· Alyssa Conner (Granite Bay, California)
· Wylie Escobedo (Austin, Texas)
· Megan Latone (Austin, Texas)
· Kristina Kontrimas (Sugarland, Texas)
· Emily Neubert (Waco, Texas)
· Ellen Quirke (Wellington, New Zealand)
· Christine Regone (Houston, Texas)
· Simon Frank (Stockholm, Sweden)
· Austin Wilson (Kingwood, Texas)
The Scholar All American Awards are a coveted recognition for collegiate swimmers and divers who achieved a high grade point average and athletic prowess, marking them as uniquely dedicated to their sport and their education. Individual Scholar All Americans must earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher as well as qualify for their respective national championship. Honorable Mention Scholar All Americans are those athletes averaging a 3.5 or higher grade point but who achieve a “B” time standard. Finally, the Team Scholar All American recognition requires a team cumulative grade point of 3.0.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.