TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Karla Gilbert scored 15 points on 6-for-10 shooting to lead No. 14 Texas A&M to a 71-46 rout over Alabama on Sunday.
Courtney Williams and Courtney Walker added 12 points apiece for the Aggies (20-6, 10-2 SEC), who shot 53 percent from the field to secure the program's ninth-straight 20-win season. Jordan Jones scored six points and dished out 10 assists.
Texas A&M took control early with a 17-3 run capped by a Curtyce Knox layup that made it 25-12 with 6:23 to go in the first period, and carried a 37-22 advantage into the break. The Aggies continued to pull away in the second half.
Alabama (11-14, 4-8) led briefly after a three-point play by Nikki Hegstetter that made it 9-8 early in the first half but then quickly fell behind.
Ashley Williams led the Crimson Tide with 19 points and nine rebounds, while Daisha Simmons added 10 points.
· Texas A&M has won 20+ games for the ninth straight season. The Aggies have 15 20-win seasons in their history, and A&M head coach Gary Blair has coached teams to 24 20-win seasons.
· This is the eighth opponent, and fourth SEC opponent, that Texas A&M has held to under 50 points this season
· Jordan Jones had 10 assists for the fourth time this year, and now is 9th on A&M's single-season assist list with 167
· Karla Gilbert has scored in double figures for six straight games
· Courtney Walker has scored in double figures in 20 games this season
· Courtney Williams has 17 double figure scoring games this season
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.