COLLEGE STATION, Texas – For the final season after 16 years in the league, the Texas A&M baseball team will kick off Big 12 Conference play this weekend as it hosts Kansas State in a three-game series on Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park. Game times are set for 6:35 p.m. Friday, 2:05 p.m. Saturday and 1:05 p.m. for Sunday’s series finale.
PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS
FRIDAY (MARCH 16)
Texas A&M - #38 Michael Wacha (Jr., RHP, 3-0, 0.70)
Kansas State - #38 Matt Applegate (Sr., RHP, 1-2, 4.94)
SATURDAY (MARCH 17)
Texas A&M - #36 Ross Stripling (Sr., RHP, 2-0, 2.93)
Kansas State – #38 Joe Flattery (Jr., LHP, 3-1, 4.50)
SUNDAY (MARCH 18)
Texas A&M - #55 Rafael Pineda (R-So., RHP, 2-0, 1.93)
Kansas State - #23 Kayvon Bahramzadeh (Sr., RHP, 3-0, 3.05)
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
• RADIO — Fans can listen locally on WTAW-AM 1620 ... Dave South (play-by-play) along with selected commentators will call the action ... pregame show begins 30 minutes prior to first pitch.
• INTERNET — aggieathletics.com will offer live play-by-play and statistics ... fans can watch the game free of charge on aggieathletics.com.
• MOBILE PHONE — listen to the game on your iPhone, Blackberry or PDA free of charge ... log on to radioaggieland.com for more information.
TEXAS A&M/KANSAS SERIES NOTABLES
Texas A&M leads the all-time series with Kansas State by a count of 40-12-1, including a 36-11-1 advantages since the schools became members of the Big 12 ... last season, the Aggies took two of three games from the Wildcats at Tointon Family Stadium in Manhattan, Kan., before beating KSU twice more at the Big 12 Tournament ... Texas A&M associate head coach Andy Sawyers spent the 2009 and 2010 seasons as an assistant coach at KSU, managing the team’s offense which became one of the top units in the Big 12.
The Aggies will take to the road for the first time during the 2012 campaign as they make the short drive south to face the University of Houston at Cougar Field ... Game time is set for 6:35 p.m. and will be televised on Cox Sports.
• FRIDAY ... Free Giveaway Friday - Fans have the opportunity to enter to win a tour of Blue Bell Park
• SATURSDAY ... St Patrick’s Day at the Park - Fans are encouraged to come out in their Green and Maroon to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the Park. First 200 fans will receive green beads and kids will receive stickers ... Have A Catch - Fans are invited to play catch on the Field for 30 minutes after the game.
• SUNDAY ... Kids Take Over The Park - Junior Aggie Club and Southwest Dairy Farmers give kids a behind the scenes look at Aggie Baseball! ...Sunday Rundday - presented by the Junior Aggie Club and the “Pool Guy” - Kids are invited to run the bases following the game.