COLLEGE STATION, TX -- The No. 5 Texas A&M baseball team continues its season-opening homestand this week when it hosts Northwestern State in a two-game series on Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park. Game times are set for 6:35 p.m. Tuesday and 3:05 p.m. on Wednesday.
PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS
TUESDAY (FEB. 28)
Texas A&M - #44 Jason Freeman (R-Fr., RHP, 1-0, 0.00)
Northwestern State - #34 Jacob Roark (So., RHP, 1-0, 5.14)
WEDNESDAY (FEB. 29)
Texas A&M - #22 Corey Ray (Fr., RHP, 0-0, 0.00)
Northwestern State - #26 Andrew Adams (So., LHP, 0-1, 9.00)
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
• RADIO — Fans can listen locally on 1150 AM The Zone (Tuesday) and WTAW-AM 1620 (Wednesday) ... Will Johnson (Tuesday play-by-play) and Dave South (Wednesday play-by-play) along with selected commentators will call the action ... pregame show begins 30 minutes prior to first pitch.
• INTERNET — aggieathletics.com will offer live play-by-play and statistics ... fans can watch the game free of charge on aggieathletics.com.
• MOBILE PHONE — listen to the game on your iPhone, Blackberry or PDA free of charge ... log on to radioaggieland.com for more information.
TEXAS A&M/NORTHWESTERN STATE SERIES NOTABLES
Texas A&M holds a 4-1 advantage in the series history, but the Demons took the last meeting between the schools ... After dropping the first four games of the series against Texas A&M, NSU finally broke into the win column with a 5-4 victory on Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park on March 23, 2010.
NOTES AND NOTABLES
• Stressing team defense is always a big focus for the Texas A&M coaching staff and early this season they are seeing the results on the field. The Aggies have committed just one error this season in 269 chances for a .996 team fielding percentage. A&M enters the week having not committed an error during its last 60.2 innings of work, a streak that dates backs to the sixth inning of the season-opener.
• Freshman catcher Mitchell Nau made an impression in his first career start during Sunday's win over Holy Cross. The Houston, Texas, drove in four runs, the most by an Aggie in a single game thus far this season.
• Junior right-handed Michael Wacha stretched his scoreless streak to start the season to 12.2 innings without yielding a run. The Texarkana, Texas, native has allowed just three runs while striking out 19 batters and has held opponents to just a .075 batting average.
The Aggies will welcome defending co-Big 10 Champion Michigan State to Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park over the weekend for a three-game series.
• TUESDAY ... Hawaiian Night - Fans are encouraged to come out dressed in their favorite Hawaiian Shirt. Diamond Darlings will also be on the concourse passing out leis to the first 200 fans in attendance … Twitter Tuesday - Fans who follow @aggie_baseball and tweet them before 4pm on Tuesday will receive a promocode for a $4 ticket for that day’s game.
• WEDNESDAY ... Leap Day - Fans can use the promotions code “aggie29” on the Ticket Center Special Promotions Page will be able to purchase a $2.29 ticket.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.