NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - James Siakam scored 16 points, including 12-of-14 at the foul line, and Vanderbilt came back to beat Texas A&M 57-54 Saturday in overtime after never leading in regulation.
Damian Jones' three-point play a minute into extra time gave Vanderbilt (14-10, 6-6 SEC) its first lead of the game at 52-49.
Texas A&M (14-11, 5-7) had possession down 55-52 in the waning seconds, but Jamal Jones was called for an offensive flagrant foul with 8.1 seconds left while trying to create space for a potential game-tying 3-pointer.
Luke Kornet hit 1 of 2 free throws following the flagrant for a 56-52 lead, before Kyle Fuller sank another free throw to preserve the win.
Jamal Jones led the Aggies with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Rod Odom sent the game into overtime at 49-49 with a long jumper, before fouling out in OT.
exas A&M Basketball
Vanderbilt 57, Texas A&M 54 (OT)
February 15, 2014 ● Memorial Gym
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M fell to 14-11 on the season with a 5-7 record in SEC play after dropping a 57-54 overtime decision at Vanderbilt on Saturday afternoon.
● Vanderbilt now leads the all-time series between the schools by the count of 4-0.
● The Aggies are 0-2 in overtime this season and 33-49 all-time in extra sessions.
● Texas A&M started game on 10-0 run before Vanderbilt scored its first bucket of the opening half at the 15:53 mark … VU started 1-7 from floor.
● The Aggies took a 23-19 advantage into the intermission after shooting 43 percent (9-for-21) during the first period.
● For the game, Texas A&M shot 36.7 percent (18-for-49) with a 9-for-19 mark from 3-point range … Vanderbilt, meanwhile, 17-for-55 (30.9 percent) with a 3-for-26 ledger from long distance.
● The Maroon & White used the starting line-up combination of Alex Caruso, Shawn Smith, Jamal Jones, Antwan Space and Kourtney Roberson for the third time this season.
● Junior Jamal Jones collected his first career double-double, finishing with a game-high 17 points to go along with a personal-best 13 rebounds … The Wynn, Ark., native was 5-of-7 from beyond the 3-point arc.
● Junior Kourtney Roberson, playing in his 100th career game at A&M, recorded 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting from the field.
● A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is now 46-44 in his third season at Texas A&M and 257-223 in 16 years as a head coach.
● For the first time this season, Texas A&M will host back-to-back SEC games at Reed Arena when they welcome Alabama and Tennessee to Aggieland ... The Aggies and Crimson Tide will face off at 6 p.m. on Thursday before the Volunteers come to down for a 2 p.m. tilt on Saturday.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.