SOCHI, Russia When ski jumpers have to skip practice because of soft snow, then you see Al Roker and a (different) guy wearing shorts in the span of a walk around Olympic Park, it's time to talk weather.
At a high of 61 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius), Sochi's downright pleasant - no gloves or thermals needed.
Here's how that daily peak compares with the last five Olympic cities around the world on Monday, according to AccuWeather:
- London: 48 degrees Fahrenheit (9 degrees Celsius)
- Vancouver: 46 degrees Fahrenheit (8 degrees Celsius)
- Beijing: 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius)
- Turin, Italy: 39 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius)
- Athens: 66 degrees Fahrenheit (19 degrees Celsius)
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.