Severe Weather Headlines
National Weather Service to Hold SKYWARN Training in Bryan
- The National Weather Service will be in Bryan to hold a SKYWARN training Friday, October 10, 2014.
NOAA’s Weather Forecasts Go Hyper Local with Next-Generation Weather Model
- New model will help forecasters predict a storm’s path, timing and intensity better than ever
New Look & Improvements to the KBTX Interactive PinPoint Radar
- KBTX Interactive PinPoint Radar has a slightly new look and some new features to help you track weather as it rolls through the Brazos Valley.
Weather Watcher Pictures from August 19th, 2014 Afternoon Storms
- Strong to briefly severe thunderstorms and heavy downpours passed through parts of the Brazos Valley, Tuesday, August 19th
Storm Forecasters Adding Extra Layers to Warnings
- The Storm Prediction Center is adding two threat levels to its U.S. weather outlooks so people aren't surprised by really bad storms on days with just a "slight risk" of tornadoes, hail or high winds.
Lightning Kills 1 at Rocky Mountain National Park
- A lightning strike has killed a woman and injured seven other people at Rocky Mountain National Park.
Torrential Rain Floods Parts of the Brazos Valley Wednesday
- With a tropical air mass on hand, torrential downpours prompted Flash Flood Warnings to be issued for portions of the Brazos Valley Wednesday afternoon.
RECAP: Severe Weather Reached the Brazos Valley June 12th
- Widespread showers and isolated storms are expected to continue through the evening.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (6/11): Thursday Storms Possible -- Some Severe
- Wednesday brought 90° heat and humidity back to the Brazos Valley. Thursday will contain the same for much of the day -- but showers and thunderstorms will be possible by evening. A few could be strong to severe.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (5/7): Rain Possible Thursday / Friday
- Rain chances will increase by Thursday afternoon. First rain drops, for the Brazos Valley, could come as early as the overnight hours to the morning hours of Thursday. A few storms by late afternoon / evening could be strong to severe.
More Severe Weather Headlines