Severe Weather Headlines
Weather Watcher Pictures from August 19th, 2014 Afternoon Storms
- Strong to briefly severe thunderstorms and heavy downpours passed through parts of the Brazos Valley, Tuesday, August 19th
Storm Forecasters Adding Extra Layers to Warnings
- The Storm Prediction Center is adding two threat levels to its U.S. weather outlooks so people aren't surprised by really bad storms on days with just a "slight risk" of tornadoes, hail or high winds.
Lightning Kills 1 at Rocky Mountain National Park
- A lightning strike has killed a woman and injured seven other people at Rocky Mountain National Park.
Torrential Rain Floods Parts of the Brazos Valley Wednesday
- With a tropical air mass on hand, torrential downpours prompted Flash Flood Warnings to be issued for portions of the Brazos Valley Wednesday afternoon.
RECAP: Severe Weather Reached the Brazos Valley June 12th
- Widespread showers and isolated storms are expected to continue through the evening.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (6/11): Thursday Storms Possible -- Some Severe
- Wednesday brought 90° heat and humidity back to the Brazos Valley. Thursday will contain the same for much of the day -- but showers and thunderstorms will be possible by evening. A few could be strong to severe.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (5/7): Rain Possible Thursday / Friday
- Rain chances will increase by Thursday afternoon. First rain drops, for the Brazos Valley, could come as early as the overnight hours to the morning hours of Thursday. A few storms by late afternoon / evening could be strong to severe.
Deaths Reported From US Storms Reaches 35
- At least 35 deaths have been reported from a large, stubborn storm system making its way through the South after pummeling the central U.S.
VIDEO: Friday Night Video Blog -- Weekend Storm / Severe Weather Chance
- Heading into the weekend, parts of the United States is gearing up for a potential for severe weather. For the Brazos Valley, a few thunderstorms -- some strong to severe -- could pass through Sunday, April 27th.
VIDEO: Thursday Evening Weather Blog (4/24) -- Weekend Weather Changes
- As a large upper-level system swings across the Rockies and into the Central Plains this weekend, a large portion of the country will be monitoring the radar for thunderstorms Saturday through Monday.
More Severe Weather Headlines