Severe Weather Headlines
NOAA, FEMA: Be a Force of Nature
- During National Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 2 to 8, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are calling on individuals across the country to Be a Force of Nature: Take the Next Step by preparing for severe weather and encouraging others to do the same.
National Weather Service to Conduct SKYWARN Training in Bryan
- The National Weather Service will be in Downtown Bryan to hold two SKYWARN Training sessions Wednesday, March 5th, 2014.
Friday Evening Weather Blog (2/28): Thunderstorms & Another Big Chill
- The ups and downs continue across the Brazos Valley -- temperature-wise -- as we head into the first weekend of March. After a couple of very warm and breezy afternoons, another cold front will blow into the Brazos Valley. A chance of strong or severe thunderstorms will be possible, as well.
Thursday Evening Weather Blog (2/27): Warming Back Up / Next Storm Chance
- A cold, cloudy, soggy, and windy Wednesday turned into a somewhat warmer and sunny Thursday. We'll look for that perfect sunshine to fade by Friday, but temperatures will warm back up to spring-like standards.
Severe Weather Awareness
- National Severe Weather Awareness Week is March 2-8th. Make sure you and you're family are prepared for the upcoming severe weather season.
Tuesday Evening Weather Blog (2/18): Spring Served Up on a Silver Platter
- You asked for warmer temperatures -- and Mother Nature has obliged. Highs reached the upper 70s & low 80s again on Tuesday afternoon. A few more warm & breezy days are in store, before our next cold front arrives.
RECAP: Winter Weather January 24th, 2014
- WINTER STORM WARNING has been allowed to expire across the Brazos Valley.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (1/8): Rain Chance Rolls On
- A drizzle filled day was the theme for the Brazos Valley Wednesday. No need to put the umbrella up just yet -- we'll continue with a rain chance on Thursday and Friday. Significant rainfall and strong storms could be in the cards to wrap the week up.
A Recap of Saturday Morning Storms
- The Brazos Valley is under a SLIGHT RISK for severe weather -- from pre-dawn Saturday morning through the early afternoon. A strong cold front, combining with an upper level system, could cause some rough weather as we start the weekend.
Thursday Night Weather Blog (12/19): Weekend Storm Concerns
- For warm weather lovers, the holiday's have brought a springtime feel to the Brazos Valley. Breezy to gusty south winds are bringing up temperatures and moisture -- our next cold front moving in this weekend will bring a storm chance and cooler temperatures.
More Severe Weather Headlines