Severe Weather Headlines
Strong Storms Brought Heavy Rain on Saturday
- A vigorous upper-level low moved across Texas Saturday, bringing lots of rain and thunderstorms through the Brazos Valley.
Thursday Evening Weather Blog (11/20): Friday Rain / Weekend Severe Threat
- Rain chance is increasing across the Brazos Valley, as an upper level system swings from the West Coast down to Texas. Saturday could bring a round of strong to severe thunderstorms to the area.
VIDEO: Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (11/19): Rain / Severe Weather Return to the Forecast
- Sunshine and south winds returned to the Brazos Valley, Wednesday, bringing back more seasonable weather for November. With those warmer conditions comes our next chance of rain and thunderstorms.
Tornado Foundation Donates to Oklahoma Red Cross
- The National Tornado Foundation is donating $10,000 to the American Red Cross for disaster preparedness and response in Oklahoma.
Weather Too Good as New Storm Warnings Debut
- The Storm Prediction Center has two new threat levels for its weather outlooks, but the weather is too nice for anyone to really notice.
National Weather Service to Hold SKYWARN Training in Bryan
- The National Weather Service will be in Bryan to hold a SKYWARN training Friday, October 10, 2014.
NOAA’s Weather Forecasts Go Hyper Local with Next-Generation Weather Model
- New model will help forecasters predict a storm’s path, timing and intensity better than ever
New Look & Improvements to the KBTX Interactive PinPoint Radar
- KBTX Interactive PinPoint Radar has a slightly new look and some new features to help you track weather as it rolls through the Brazos Valley.
Weather Watcher Pictures from August 19th, 2014 Afternoon Storms
- Strong to briefly severe thunderstorms and heavy downpours passed through parts of the Brazos Valley, Tuesday, August 19th
Storm Forecasters Adding Extra Layers to Warnings
- The Storm Prediction Center is adding two threat levels to its U.S. weather outlooks so people aren't surprised by really bad storms on days with just a "slight risk" of tornadoes, hail or high winds.
More Severe Weather Headlines