Severe Weather Headlines
More Tornadoes in Forecast for Central US Tuesday
- More severe weather is in the forecast for parts of the central United States already reeling from powerful tornadoes this week.
Forecasters: US midsection could see bad weather
- Forecasters say portions of the central United States could see severe weather this weekend and Monday.
Mission Granbury Organizing Tornado Donations
- The largest nonprofit group in a North Texas county where a tornado left six people dead will organize local donations for recovery.
Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Part of The Brazos Valley
- After a record rainfall on Thursday, another upper-level disturbance is moving through Texas and is set to bring the chance for more rain -- some heavy -- to the Brazos Valley on Friday.
Warn on Forecast: Future of Weather Warnings
- Research is underway in order to create a more accurate and faster warning system for severe weather in the United States. The ultimate goal is to protect life and property, while giving residents, in the path of hazardous weather, time to react.
Brazos Valley Severe Weather Watches Issued Hundreds of Miles Away
- A thunderstorm outbreak isn't something that typically goes unnoticed in a forecast. The big questions to meteorologists is normally "do these storms have the potential to become severe?" That is the question the Storm Prediction Center hopes to answer, hours before storms fire up.
Aggie Students Help Fill Forecast Gap
- Given the right conditions, on the right day, severe weather can take a bright, blue sky and turn it into the platform for violent thunderstorms to form. The only way to get a heads up is to know exactly what is going on in the air above our heads.
Preparing For the Storm: Brazos Valley Storm Chasers
- April, May, and June are typically referred to as Severe Weather Season. As the winter chill begins to thaw and warmer spring air moves in from the south, severe thunderstorms are not uncommon across tornado alley, the southern United States and the Brazos Valley.
Oklahoma in for More Stormy Weather, NWS Says
- Forecasters say Oklahoma is at a moderate risk for severe weather as a storm system moves through the state.
Soaking Rain & Thunderstorms Possible For The Brazos Valley
- An upper-level low, and associated cold front, moving out of the Desert Southwest towards Texas will bring a widespread chance for showers and thunderstorms to the Brazos Valley Tuesday afternoon through Thursday morning.
More Severe Weather Headlines