Severe Weather Headlines
VIDEO: Thursday Evening Weather Blog (4/24) -- Weekend Weather Changes
Posted: 8:51 PM
- As a large upper-level system swings across the Rockies and into the Central Plains this weekend, a large portion of the country will be monitoring the radar for thunderstorms Saturday through Monday.
Severe Storms Loom Across Central US this Weekend
Posted: 5:46 PM
- A large section of the Midwest and South are at risk for strong tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and flash flooding this weekend.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (4/23): Splash of Rain Here, Isolated Storm There
- Warmer temperatures have taken over the forecast for the Brazos Valley. We'll stay on that mid-80s trend for the next several days, as we attempt to find needed rainfall across the area.
Monday Evening Weather Blog (4/21): Severe T'Storm Watch Cancelled - Few Storms Still Possible
- The Severe Thunderstorm Watch that was in place for the Brazos Valley has been allowed to expire. A few storms are still possible for portions of the area Monday night / early Tuesday morning.
Softball-Size Hail Pummels Denton County
- A severe thunderstorm has pummeled a North Texas college city with hail as large as baseballs and softballs, prompting reports of damage.
Weather Watcher Pictures: Friday Afternoon Strong to Severe Thunderstorms
- A line of strong to severe thunderstorms pushed through the Brazos Valley Friday, March 28th, 2014. As a cold front swept into the area it caused thunderstorms that dropped hail between the size of peas to golf balls, and pushed out winds 60-70mph.
Thursday Evening Weather Blog (3/27): One Last Storm Chance -- Weekend Clearing
- Thick cloud cover kept the "lid" on thunderstorm development across the Brazos Valley Thursday. While the chance isn't widespread, there will be another shot at a few showers / isolated thunderstorms Friday afternoon. Should storms fire up, a few could be strong to severe.
Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (3/26): Rain & Storm Chance: Round 2
- A swing and a miss for the Brazos Valley Wednesday -- rain-wise -- as our latest upper level system spread rain to either direction of the area. Another chance for scattered rain is in the forecast Thursday -- possibly along with a few strong thunderstorms.
Friday Evening Weather Blog (3/14): Update on Weekend Storms / Cold Front
- As an upper-level weather maker moves east out of New Mexico, shower and thunderstorm chances will increase across the Brazos Valley, along with most of East Texas, Saturday. Colder air filters into the area on Sunday.
Thursday Evening Weather Blog (3/13): Few Bumps Possible in Weekend Forecast
- An absolutely fantastic day unfolded across the Brazos Valley Thursday. Blue skies will eventually lead to overcast conditions as moisture and warmer air return to the area. By the weekend, an approaching storm system could pop up strong to severe thunderstorms.
More Severe Weather Headlines