Severe Weather Headlines
Little Severe Weather in 2015; Weak Correlation to Cold Snap
- While much of the nation suffers with snow and ice, the country is poised to end January and February with the fewest bouts of severe weather in decades.
February 3rd Anniversary of 2012 Burleson County Tornadoes
- February 3rd marked the third anniversary of a pair of tornadoes that touched down in Burleson County in 2012. An EF-1 & EF-2 tornado were confirmed by the National Weather Service.
Robertson County Storm Spotter Training Program Scheduled
- The National Weather Service in Fort Worth wants to help you prepare for the 2015 severe weather season. To help get you ready, the National Weather Service will be offering a free class at the SKYWARN severe weather program.
Drones Might Help Show How Tornadoes Form
- Researchers say they've collected promising weather data by flying drones into big Western and Midwestern storms. Now they want to expand the project in hopes of learning how tornados form.
Strong Storms Brought Heavy Rain on Saturday
- A vigorous upper-level low moved across Texas Saturday, bringing lots of rain and thunderstorms through the Brazos Valley.
Thursday Evening Weather Blog (11/20): Friday Rain / Weekend Severe Threat
- Rain chance is increasing across the Brazos Valley, as an upper level system swings from the West Coast down to Texas. Saturday could bring a round of strong to severe thunderstorms to the area.
VIDEO: Wednesday Evening Weather Blog (11/19): Rain / Severe Weather Return to the Forecast
- Sunshine and south winds returned to the Brazos Valley, Wednesday, bringing back more seasonable weather for November. With those warmer conditions comes our next chance of rain and thunderstorms.
Tornado Foundation Donates to Oklahoma Red Cross
- The National Tornado Foundation is donating $10,000 to the American Red Cross for disaster preparedness and response in Oklahoma.
Weather Too Good as New Storm Warnings Debut
- The Storm Prediction Center has two new threat levels for its weather outlooks, but the weather is too nice for anyone to really notice.
National Weather Service to Hold SKYWARN Training in Bryan
- The National Weather Service will be in Bryan to hold a SKYWARN training Friday, October 10, 2014.
More Severe Weather Headlines