Severe Weather Headlines
Severe Storm Winds Cause Damage to Local Homes
- Severe storms swept across parts of the Brazos Valley, leaving many residents picking up what was left behind.
60 Years Ago, Aggies Helped Give 1st Tornado Warnings
- In 1953, several tornadoes – including one that killed 114 people in Waco, Texas – prompted a group of government officials and scientists to say, enough is enough. There has to be some way to prepare people for such deadly storms.
More Storms Expected in the Brazos Valley: Overnight & Weekend
- A line of severe, flooding thunderstorms is sliding east through Texas Thursday night. That line brings the promise of rain, thunder, lightning, and gusty winds into the early hours of Friday morning.
By the Numbers: Severe Weather in Texas, Oklahoma, Mexico
- The weekend's severe weather left behind a trail of destruction stretching from Oklahoma to Texas and a border town in Mexico, including heavy flooding and a deadly tornado.
Severe Weather Impacts Texas Tuesday
- A tornado has been reported in the Brazos Valley city of Giddings, injuring a man.
Tornadoes Strike Mineral Wells; Damage Reported
- Tornadoes roared across North Texas, spreading widespread damage but leaving no immediate reports of injuries.
EF0 Tornado Confirmed in Giddings
- A brief, "high-end" Ef0 tornado touched down in Giddings, Tuesday afternoon.
SwRI reveals the first “images” of thunder
- For the first time, scientists have imaged thunder, visually capturing the sound waves created by artificially triggered lightning.
Monday Evening Weather Blog (5/11): More Rain & Storms Expected Tuesday
- After a stormy Monday in the Brazos Valley, more rain and thunderstorms are expected to reach the area overnight and through the day Tuesday. A FLASH FLOOD WATCH remains in effect.
Strong to Severe Storms Possible for the Brazos Valley Tonight
- Strong to severe thunderstorms are developing this afternoon, north and west of the Brazos Valley. That activity is expected to form into a line of storms, arriving in the area overnight.
More Severe Weather Headlines