Severe Weather Headlines
Funnel vs. Tornado & Why No Official Warning Was Issued Monday
- A funnel cloud caught the attention of many during the 5:00 p.m. commute in Bryan/College Station and Brazos County. Due to this funnel never reaching the ground, no tornado warning was issued by the National Weather Service.
Overnight Storms Possible Through Early Hours of Saturday Morning
- A stormy start to Friday in the Brazos Valley. A few showers and severe thunderstorms developed in the early evening hours. A quiet radar is expected to fill with rain & thunderstorms in the middle of the night / very early Saturday morning.
Thursday Evening Weather Blog (4/23): More Storms Possible Friday -- Some Severe
- Another round of rain and thunderstorms is possible Friday -- especially during the afternoon and evening hours. Any thunderstorm that develops could become strong to severe.
Saturday Forecast: Can't Rule Out Another Round of Rain & Storms
- As has been the case for the past several days, rain and thunderstorms will be possible through the afternoon & evening. A few could be on the strong to briefly severe side.
Recap of Friday, April 17th, 2015 Rain / Storm Potential
- Rain and thunderstorms moved through the Brazos Valley Friday evening. Severe weather managed to remain just north of the area.
Rain and Thunderstorm Chance Returns to the Brazos Valley
- After a gorgeous, sunny, & quiet Wednesday in the Brazos Valley, daily rounds of rain and thunderstorms will be possible. A few thunderstorms could become briefly strong to severe.
Brazos County SKYWARN Class to be Held in Downtown Bryan
- The Houston / Galveston National Weather Service will be in Bryan, April 15th, to host two SKYWARN training sessions for Brazos County.
Tuesday Evening Weather Blog (4/7): Active, Spring Weather Pattern
- Warm, breezy, humid, and warm. That has taken care of the recent weather here in the Brazos Valley. What seems quiet now is the prelude to an active streatch of weather heading into late week / the weekend.
Little Severe Weather in 2015; Weak Correlation to Cold Snap
- While much of the nation suffers with snow and ice, the country is poised to end January and February with the fewest bouts of severe weather in decades.
February 3rd Anniversary of 2012 Burleson County Tornadoes
- February 3rd marked the third anniversary of a pair of tornadoes that touched down in Burleson County in 2012. An EF-1 & EF-2 tornado were confirmed by the National Weather Service.
More Severe Weather Headlines