Advertisement

Pet dies after early morning fire in College Station

Published: Feb. 4, 2021 at 4:16 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Fire crews responded to an early morning blaze in College Station.

Authorities were called to the 1300 block of Leacrest Drive sometime around 3:00 a.m. Thursday.

Firefighters say the fire started in a carport and spread to the attic and vehicles. Residents at the home were able to get unharmed, but confirms a pet died in the fire.

The College Station Fire Department said the fire was accidental and reminds residents that cooking coals can remain hot for more than 24 hours and need to be disposed of in a proper manner.

Copyright 2021 KBTX. All rights reserved.